• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 demo available on the Nintendo eShop (NA & EU)

Mlatador

Banned
Oh, boy... Just finished my first Demo playthrough...
- I was not prepared!!! :D I've never played Bayonetta, but man, this game rocks so hard. I've spend 15 min. on the title screen alone and practised combos (this game has A LOT of very satisfying combos). Her moves and animations are so fluid - I've never seen anything like that. Then I played the actual mission. Wow, the graphics are INSANE. Buttery smooth, beautiful and the enemy design and artstyle is out of this world! This game oozes STYLE.

Can't believe I get to play Bayo 1 as well soon. This is like Christmas in late October!
basterds_joy.gif

Oh, boy... Just finished my first Demo playthrough...
- I was not prepared!!! :D I've never played Bayonetta, but man, this game rocks so hard. I've spend 15 min. on the title screen alone and practised combos (this game has A LOT of very satisfying combos). Her moves and animations are so fluid - I've never seen anything like that. Then I played the actual mission. Wow, the graphics are INSANE. Buttery smooth, beautiful and the enemy design and artstyle is out of this world! This game oozes STYLE.

Can't believe I get to play Bayo 1 as well soon. This is like Christmas in late October!
basterds_joy.gif

Have fun man! When I played Bayonetta for the first time it was an amazing experience.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm going to buy both a physical and a digital copy. Platinum + Nintendo deserve everything and the world for making this possible.

batbeg

Not a big fan of character action games but I've still had a passing interest in this title for a while. Not sure if I'll be getting it still, though. The game is fun but I am just not good at making use of the depth of the combat system to be honest. Will the actual game (1 or 2) help newer players acclimate to it or is it like W101 where the game just lols at you and makes you go to YouTube to figure it out?

Monocle

Holy fucking shit, finally. I'd convinced myself I would have to wait until release day to play this damn game.

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype!

Not a big fan of character action games but I've still had a passing interest in this title for a while. Not sure if I'll be getting it still, though. The game is fun but I am just not good at making use of the depth of the combat system to be honest. Will the actual game (1 or 2) help newer players acclimate to it or is it like W101 where the game just lols at you and makes you go to YouTube to figure it out?

The first game eased you into things pretty well. And there was a 'easy mode' where you could do crazy combos by mashing one button.

Bayonetta isn't nearly as obtuse as Wonderful 101.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
play the demo, the game is kick, punch, and dodge, not as complex as W101

Jezan

You lot know you can dodge Belief's first attack on the train right? When the cutscene switches to gameplay, instant Witch Time to start that portion of the boss fight.
Yes! I pressed evade just out of reflex and I started with witch time.

Also I love her new side dodge, the previous game it was just a roll, and the new animation is just "fabulous", looks way more awesome if you keep shooting while doing it!

Astral Dog

Wow I think this is the best looking Wii U game by far.:)

And the game looks clean, there are some parts when the jaggies are noticeable, but others when i think this looks very clean for a game without any kind of AA, i dont know how they do it,the first Bayonetta was the same.
Maybe its because i have the Wii U on my old 720P TV.

Yes! I pressed evade just out of reflex and I started with witch time.

Also I love her new side dodge, the previous game it was just a roll, and the new animation is just "fabulous", looks way more awesome if you keep shooting while doing it!

Yeah so many new satisfying animations added. Heel stomp is better as well.

Sayter

I watched some of the HD videos running in 60fps, but they do not do this game justice when you see it live and in person for the first time. PlatinumGames really out did themselves.

brinstar

Holy shit, going from ps3 bayonetta to this sure is something. when I got to the Gomorrah boss fight my eyes popped out of my head

Buggy Loop

OOOhhhh man how it feels good to come home after a long day at school, and hearing about this. Plus my gf is leaving for the night.

south-park-randy.jpg

batbeg

play the demo, the game is kick, punch, and dodge, not as complex as W101

I've played the demo twice, it doesn't really qualm any concerns. I'm sure I can make it through the game, I'm at least getting consistent silver medals, but I feel like the appeal of these games is the breadth of actions you can do. However if the first one eases me into it I'm a little less concerned.

I watched some of the HD videos running in 60fps, but they do not do this game justice when you see it live and in person for the first time. PlatinumGames really out did themselves.

I've noticed this with a lot of Wii U games. Titles like 3D World and Tropical Freeze looked waaaay better on my TV than in any videos I watched online. I expect Bayo 2 to be the same way when I finally play it (I'm passing on the demo since I know I'm buying it on release).

ViviOggi

While I appreciate that the demo exists very much this launch limit is so pointless. Nobody interested is going to pass on the full game in favor of 10 minutes worth of content, why not let people freely experiment with the combat system until launch?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I've played the demo twice, it doesn't really qualm any concerns. I'm sure I can make it through the game, I'm at least getting consistent silver medals, but I feel like the appeal of these games is the breadth of actions you can do. However if the first one eases me into it I'm a little less concerned.
Play the first one first if you haven't. Its included for a reason.

Heck, everyone should play through the Bayonetta 1 first for the extra polish + content + fresh warmup before moving onto Bayonetta 2.

When you start up the demo and it says you only have 15 plays left and you never thought the demo limit would hit you. Nintendo why you gotta do this, I dunno if I can last until release day.

KePoW

Banned
Hey in B1, does anyone remember this kick move that you could keep doing? I don't remember the details, but it kinda looked like Chun Li's lightning kick.

Does B2 have something similar? Because without that move in B1, it was too hard for me lol. I'm not too good at action games

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hey in B1, does anyone remember this kick move that you could keep doing? I don't remember the details, but it kinda looked like Chun Li's lightning kick.

Does B2 have something similar? Because without that move in B1, it was too hard for me lol. I'm not too good at action games

It's still there from the beginning.

Lightning legs are still in if you have the guns equipped

So I won't be able to get this until later tonday, but how long is the demo, and does it transfer anything to the full game?

Demo was just amazing. This was my first time playing a Bayonetta game and now I am kicking myself for not playing the first. Glad they are coming together in one package.

This demo has exposed me for the fraud that I am without the few extra frames Bats Within grants me. I think I'm bout to wait to dodge something and get hit lol

I had the same problem to be honest.

So that means no Pure platinum if I see bats? I don't remember :S

No, it doesn't count as a hit then.

Btw if you want bayo to tell you "ask your mum" yo have to hold the taunt button (Love is blue equipped).

Edit: too late haha.

jwillenn

When you start up the demo and it says you only have 15 plays left and you never thought the demo limit would hit you. Nintendo why you gotta do this, I dunno if I can last until release day.

-press home
-turn off tv or whatever
-return when you want more Bayo 2 demo

I can promise you will not run out before launch.

MCee

Smart move from Nintendo. It hits hard even as a prologue level, the controls are simple and intuitive and it should leave many gamers wanting more.

Jezan

What in the world? When did my eshop music start playing Zelda music?
A few days before Hyrule Warriors was released, iirc.

I tried to do it but, I can't find the combination of buttons to pull it off. I think it was PPPKK, but now it launches the enemy into the air. I need to practice more to find that move

I still don't know if Bayo 1 is a physical copy in Australia :\

Assuming not, so I'm gonna have to buy Bayo 2 locally, and then import the 1 + 2 pack and resell the spare copy of 2 with the ugly USK rating.

Top Bottom