• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 demo available on the Nintendo eShop (NA & EU)

Narrowly avoided the blow of demo death towards the end, but I'll happily take this silver award over the stone that plagued much of my many original Bayonetta run though I'm sure I'll be getting reacquainted with my good buddy Stone when the full game arrives.

Narrowly avoided the blow of demo death towards the end, but I'll happily take this silver award over the stone that plagued much of my many original Bayonetta run though I'm sure I'll be getting reacquainted with my good buddy Stone when the full game arrives.

I don't think I did a single stage in 1 without at least one continue.

Stones everywhere.

Lunar15

You haven't been following the game at all, have you?

fox_bayonetta.0.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

Why would there be a bunch SEGA references if they basically had nothing to do with this game. Also lol @ dealbreaker.

Sega's name is on the game. I think you might be pleasantly surprised ;)

Sayter

While I appreciate that the demo exists very much this launch limit is so pointless. Nobody interested is going to pass on the full game in favor of 10 minutes worth of content, why not let people freely experiment with the combat system until launch?

That may not be the best way to go given PlatinumGames track record wih demos. The MGRR demo would have turned me off to the game if I weren't a PG whore. I hear that the Wonderful 101 demo is horrible. Fortunately, this demo is very good, albeit too short.

Amazing demo!!! I am doing well in the demo, getting some platinums and golds but cant seem to put it all together.

I don't remember what makes the combo system works. I see the multiplier climb but not sure what makes it climb quickest. I switched to sword and whip and my combo score dropped even though I tore through everyone.

Did anyone make some mega post detailing high level play for the demo?

Coda

While I appreciate that the demo exists very much this launch limit is so pointless. Nobody interested is going to pass on the full game in favor of 10 minutes worth of content, why not let people freely experiment with the combat system until launch?

Haha seriously, I'm just leaving it suspended right now so I can jump back, in a little bit. At least it doesn't just boot out to the Wii U menu and you can't do anything about it. There's 15 days before launch, and the demo is short to really justify playing it more than 15. I thought the same thing when the W101 demo came out but I ended up only playing it like 7 times because at that point I wanted to just advance in the game.

KooopaKid

Banned
Even though I watched plenty of footage of the game, seeing it on your own TV and actually playing it is something else. Everything is perfect. Even the gamepad is perfectly suited for it. I love that the combos are different. The full game is going to be incredible. One of the first instant classics of this gen.

Amazing! Best demo ever.

So far, this demo alone has impressed me more than any of the PS4/Xbone games released until now!

Platinum and Kamiya are action game geniuses!

My GOTY so far! I know, it's just the demo but I can already tell it will be!

And LoL @Sega next to Nintendo on the title page!

trixx

THAT WAS AWESOME.

my bro and i seen the last boss in the prologue and were in awe lol

day 1 purchase for sure

HeeHo

Demo is pretty short, I didn't do as good as I thought I would either. Silvers and gold here. I also didn't realize I could switch to the sword either. I liked it a lot in the first game.

KooopaKid

Banned
Amazing! Best demo ever.

So far, this demo alone has impressed me more than any of the PS4/Xbone games released until now!

Platinum and Kamiya are action game geniuses!

My GOTY so far! I know, it's just the demo but I can already tell it will be!

And LoL @Sega next to Nintendo on the title page!

Don't forget Hashimoto the game director and ennemy designer! ^ ^

LonDonE

Neo Member
I have a strong feeling this demo will do the opposite of the Wonderful 101 one, and spur on sales instead of detract from them. Not by a crazy amount, but the game feels a lot more accessible than w101 ever was.

Agreed i got an awesome surprise when i fired up the eshop and saw the demo! thing is no where did i read we would get one.

Man does the WiiU hardware shine with Bayonetta 2!
The game looks soooo crisp and clean, and its a rock solid 60fps to boot! even though the game natively renders at 720p and up-scales to 1080p it just looks fantastic! it almost looks as crisp as a 1080p game!
Just like mario 3d world and mario kart.

What i love about WiiU is how colourful the games are while still looking so next gen and with silky smooth frame rates too.
Seriously this game shows more then any other what the WiiU can achieve when a game is built from the ground up on WiiU! i am just giddy with excitement knowing its not too long till i get my hands on the double pack of Bayonetta 2 plus Bayonetta 1!

And best of all i am getting both games for only £30 from Amazon uk because i pre ordered it as soon as it went up and as usual Amazon uk delivered with the worlds best customer service and gave the double pack for an amazing price.
And i was one of those people who had the first game on PS3, man that version WAS DISGUSTING but because the core game play was so awesome i still played it and loved it.

And the thought of being able to play my all time favourite action combo game on wii u with a near enough locked 60fps with no ugly tearing on the WiiU is going to be awesome!
When you play the sequel it boggles the mind how much more platinum managed to squeeze on screen per frame while still maintains a stable 60fps running at 1080p! yes its up scaled but looks like its running native since the WiiU is awesome at scaling and on my top of the range Sony bravia WiiU games look SEXY AS HELL!!!!

This demo just made my next few weeks that much easier, only bummer is it has a 15time use limit! lol
It just feels so smooth and doesn't skip a beat, seriously it looks bat #### insane!!!
It just proves to all the doubters that WiiU IS A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! no way a PS3 or 360 could handle this at 60fps!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Real conversation me and my roommate had while I was playing the demo:

(As I'm fighting the angels on the back of a jet and later fight the summon):
Him: Wow, they seriously put one of the most intense moment of the game as the demo?
Me: Dude, that's the prologue. That's the beginning of the game.
Him: ...

For context, he knows what Bayonetta is, but didn't like the first game and knew next to nothing about the second one, other than it exists.

Him: Wow, they seriously put one of the most intense moment of the game as the demo?

PlatinumGames.png

Just been playing the demo for the past couple of hours. It's all coming back. The combos, the dodge offset, the juggling. Just beautiful, it just all feels so good. Not sure if this makes the wait easier or harder...lol

hao chi

Just played through the demo twice, once with each weapon set. Really love what was in the demo; the new combos look and feel great and the gameplay didn't disappoint my high expectations. Definitely feels like a worthy sequel to my favorite game.

I really love the song that plays during the tutorial and first fight (also posted earlier on this page).

Can't wait for the full game. My hype is in overdrive now.

Agreed i got an awesome surprise when i fired up the eshop and saw the demo! thing is no where did i read we would get one.

The game looks soooo crisp and clean, and its a rock solid 60fps to boot! even though the game natively renders at 720p and up-scales to 1080p it just looks fantastic! it almost looks as crisp as a 1080p game!

What i love about WiiU is how colourful the games are while still looking so next gen and with silky smooth frame rates too.
Seriously this game shows more then any other what the WiiU can achieve when a game is built from the ground up on WiiU! i am just giddy with excitement knowing its not too long till i get my hands on the double pack of Bayonetta 2 plus Bayonetta 1!

And best of all i am getting both games for only £30 from Amazon uk because i pre ordered it as soon as it went up and as usual Amazon uk delivered with the worlds best customer service and gave the double pack for an amazing price.
And i was one of those people who had the first game on PS3, man that version WAS DISGUSTING but because the core game play was so awesome i still played it and loved it.

And the thought of being able to play my all time favourite action combo game on wii u with a near enough locked 60fps with no ugly tearing on the WiiU is going to be awesome!
When you play the sequel it boggles the mind how much more platinum managed to squeeze on screen per frame while still maintains a stable 60fps running at 1080p! yes its up scaled but looks like its running native since the WiiU is awesome at scaling and on my top of the range Sony bravia WiiU games look SEXY AS HELL!!!!

This demo just made my next few weeks that much easier, only bummer is it has a 15time use limit! lol
It just feels so smooth and doesn't skip a beat, seriously it looks bat #### insane!!!
It just proves to all the doubters that WiiU IS A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! no way a PS3 or 360 could handle this at 60fps!

You can't be serious. I'm really enjoying the game too, let's not exaggerate.

For context, he knows what Bayonetta is, but didn't like the first game and knew next to nothing about the second one, other than it exists.

Awesome. Dat Platinum magic.

Well Bayonetta 2 demo was the first time I've ever played a Bayonetta game before. Holy shit my body is on a whole other level right now. My entire body is tingling.

A few days before Hyrule Warriors was released, iirc.

Ah okay that would make sense.

Sayter

My neighbor just came by and saw I was playing the Bayonetta 2 demo, but did not know what game it was, and said "You finally got a PS4?" LOL!

K-A-Deman

I think I found a glitch in the second verse; the fight with Belief? I got him down to no health and was ready to deliver the climax, but the game didn't prompt me and instead zoomed out really far as everyone stopped moving. then it flew into a building and promoted a game over. Is that section timed?

Man
When did Dracula X and wild guns get released on Wii u vc

Saw it while downloading bayonetta 2 demo
That's like $200+ savings without buying the carts lol

Less then 3 minutes for the demo to be finished :D fast download, thank you RCN internet

I'm gonna be so bad since I never played the first Bayonetta

He isn't exegerating about ps3 and 360 wouldn't have been able to emulate a smooth 60 fps eye candy game like this, imo.

I think that is feasible. there is a lot going on in this demo and it maintains 60 pretty constantly. but this game very obivously running at sub-1080. those jaggies are pretty harsh, I turned it down 720p.

That said, the art style is really good, and the combat just makes me wish the game was comig earlier so I don't have to wring this game dry for it's seemingly endless combo chains.

Played it on the TV after trying it out on the gamepad the first time, it's just beautiful. I was in awe (again) when you finish off the last boss as it jumps from the building.

plank

That was pretty darn good. I guess I'll definitely pick it up. Got a stone coin so I'm pretty new to this game, I have to get dogging down pat. What got me intrigue with this game is the touch control option. I'll try that one next time.

Astral Dog

I love the demo(played it like six times on one setting!), but,it still looks like Bayonetta 1.5, and the framerate isnt stable 60fps.
Still good looking and best on WII U imo, but lets not exaggerate.

Top Bottom