• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Import |OT| In The Land Of The Rising Touch

Good news that its even longer than Bayo 1, which was a pretty long game. I also wonder how they can outdo the epic bosses from 1. Can't wait to see what this final boss looks like

Kiru

Alternate told me that my First Print Edition might get cancelled in case they miscalculated how many copies they will get in the end. Gave me 5€ voucher and small chance to still get it. Oh well, if it doesn't happen I will just get the Special Edition, still separate cases for both games.

EDIT: Oh this is the Import Thread... lol.

dreamfall

Game of 4eva!

I'm going to buy a Wii U at the end of this month, and I've got this pre-ordered as the first title I dive into.

I CAN NOT WAIT!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Did you watch the full stream till the end?

I can't see where they can go with it. The eyes of the world are gone, Aesir is in Balders body, ready to be killed in bayonetta 1, the human world is now at peace and the demon and human worlds are working together.

Unless they do a reboot or a prequel
Which they already kinda have now
I don't see where they can go with bayonettas character, that isn't a rehase of what has gone before.

They cant recon who is God a second time surely.

This ended damn near exactly the same way DMC3 ended: the man that has fallen victim to a lust for power, to right previous wrongs done unto him, sacrifices himself to stop the big bad villain...and gets taken over in the process. Even if the cycle repeats, the outcome could be different. The angels are still a problem and Aesir already knows she's going to try and stop him. They could keep with that storyline or take it in an entirely different direction, like Capcom did with DMC4.

Who knows.

Can't wait to replay 1 and play 2 when they hit NA. This is gonna be the first game I pay for full price in a while (usually I wait for price drops or I find a good preorder deal on games online).

Had the game preordered for a while. The gamestop employee told me he didn't think it was worth it. Obviously he's wrong ;D

Squishy3

Maximillian and Michael Damiani are going to be streaming some on GT here soon if anyone is interested, it's just Max and Kyle Bosman talking right now while they're waiting for the game to install, Bosman is leaving soon but said he'd be back later. http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers

Can't wait to replay 1 and play 2 when they hit NA. This is gonna be the first game I pay for full price in a while (usually I wait for price drops or I find a good preorder deal on games online).

Had the game preordered for a while. The gamestop employee told me he didn't think it was worth it. Obviously he's wrong ;D

Lol Gamestop, do they eat shit?

This ended damn near exactly the same way DMC3 ended: the man that has fallen victim to a lust for power, to right previous wrongs done unto him, sacrifices himself to stop the big bad villain...and gets taken over in the process. Even if the cycle repeats, the outcome could be different. The angels are still a problem and Aesir already knows she's going to try and stop him. They could keep with that storyline or take it in an entirely different direction, like Capcom did with DMC4.

Who knows.

Yeah, I guess so. It was actually quite fitting because
Balder is Basically vergil

I still maintain though if there is another story in that universe, it will either be a prequel or bayonetta wont be the star. Time will tell however.

Porcile

I am super hyped for this game (I've got the first print edition pre-ordered) but I've never played Bayonetta. I have played and completed MGS: RR, which I really enjoyed because the combat was centered on timing with the parry system and zendatsu rather than stringing button combos together. It suited my gaming skills well. Does Bayonetta have any resemblance to RR's fighting system or am I gonna have to man the fuck up and learn some combos and crazy dodge skills? I kind of suck at Devil May Cry which has me worried!

I spoke to a mod and asked them what I should do, since the full OT isn't quite ready yet and the game is a month away, I did a really minimalistic one for the Japanese release.

I can finish the full one by the end of the weekend if this is a problem, but the mod I spoke to said it would be okay to go this route.

=(

I Like It

TreIII

Did you watch the full stream till the end?

*heavy spoilers of the end game below*

I can't see where they can go with it. The eyes of the world are gone, Aesir is in Balders body, ready to be killed in bayonetta 1, the human world is now at peace and the demon and human worlds are working together.

Unless they do a reboot or a prequel
Which they already kinda have now
I don't see where they can go with bayonettas character, that isn't a rehash of what has gone before.

They cant recon who is God a second time surely.

What I've gleaned from Kamiya's writing style is that, especially after DMC and VJ, he writes in such a way that it's enough to give closure to the story if that game is indeed the end, but there's always room for more if he does get to pen a sequel once more.

If there is a sequel, I'm sure he's left enough options open for himself. But yeah, we'll just have to wait and see.

I am super hyped for this game (I've got the first print edition pre-ordered) but I've never played Bayonetta. I have played and completed MGS: RR, which I really enjoyed because the combat was centered on timing with the parry system and zendatsu rather than stringing button combos together. It suited my gaming skills well. Does Bayonetta have any resemblance to RR's fighting system or am I gonna have to man the fuck up and learn some combos and crazy dodge skills? I kind of suck at Devil May Cry which has me worried!

You'll be fine. At its most basic level, Bayo is more like Viewtiful Joe and Revengeance, where it's more important to learn enemy cues so that you can dodge correctly so you can maximize damage. "Stylin" comes later, as you get more familiar with the game, the options present to you and how all of it flows together so that you can make it work for you.

man I had to stop the stream at the TV news story about earthquakes the chime at the end was
The Wonderful 101
chime ;_;

flop-fanservice for those who own it

Astral Dog

Yeah, I guess so. It was actually quite fitting because
Balder is Basically vergil

I still maintain though if there is another story in that universe, it will either be a prequel or bayonetta wont be the star. Time will tell however.
Well i dont know about the ending, but Kamiya said he developed the story for two games, with them open to make a third game only if there is enough demand, like DMC , where after the prequel they started introducing new characters, and make stories with a different focus, then they made the reboot, i would had been happy with a sequel DMC 4, but its clear they werent sure how to advance the story, whatever happens with Bayonetta, im sure her basic story is over.

Holy crap...the ENTIRE game is in English? Damn

I don't know why you are surprised.

Nintendo didn't want to jeopardise sales of that shitty zelda musou game by releasing Bayonetta 2 early.

The full game was probably completed months and months ago. It wouldn't surprise me if it was done at E3.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Well it was the same with the original release and the gap between the JP and US release was larger than a month

in fact all of Kamiya's games until Wonderful 101 were exclusively in English.

Let's not forget Anarchy Reigns didn't even have a US/EU release date when it was released in Japan and the game was fully translated with English text and voice. Even the demo.

After seeing the whole intro, I do gotta say that the Moon River/Tomorrow Is Mine combo is better than the Fly Me To The Moon/Mysterious Destiny tracks.

I don't think it surpasses the original, But I don't think its worse either. They are literally 2 sides of the same coin. Now i've seen where this all goes, I can't imagine one without the other.

I think I got what are you trying to say. You mean the game has less stages where you fight normal enemies than the first one and the boss fights ratio is way too high? Please answer me without spoilers, I didn't watch any stream and i will not.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
My local Geo wherevI preordered Bayonetta 2 opens in 25 min. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Edit:
!!
ynTxjaa.jpg

WtpbhdU.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think I've been playing for 6 hours straight, currently on chapter 9.

Questions for those who have the game and cleared chapter 8:
I can't find the 3rd record piece for the new weapon - did someone get them all?

I think I got what are you trying to say. You mean the game has less verses where you fight normal enemies than the first one and the boss fights ratio is way too high? Please answer me without spoilers, I didn't watch any stream and i will not.

Fixed and Yup.

That said, every fight looks satisfying and awesome.

Did the guy from the stream get all the weapons in that 7 hr playthrough?

Nope.

I dumb you will know all the locations of all the LPs with much more exploration.

Besides there better be rewards for completing slight spoilers*
the Lost chapter, infinte climax, beating Rodin getting all the tears of blood and beating all the portals

Oberon

Banned
Thank God I preorder the collectors edition it's already sold out!
Oh man I can't wait to play bayo 1&2 for the first time, it will be W101 all over again :)

I never understood why people made such a fuss about region locking. I can't read Japanese. But man, I understand it now. I can't believe the Japanese version is fully localized for the west and Nintendo is not releasing the game for another 5 weeks. What's the point?

I watched the entire prologue. It looks so good and so crazy, it's not Christmas without caviar!!! I want to play it now =(

Riki

I never understood why people made such a fuss about region locking. I can't read Japanese. But man, I understand it now. I can't believe the Japanese version is fully localized for the west and Nintendo is not releasing the game for another 5 weeks. What's the point?

I watched the entire prologue. It looks so good and so crazy, it's not Christmas without caviar!!! I want to play it now =(
To spread out releases. Hyrule Warriors this month. Bayo next.

Jesus, it's 2pm here and I'm just waking up, this is what happens when you play Bayonetta until 6am in the morning I guess!

Hmm, so did anyone in Europe pick the game up? I'm hoping to test out the multiplayer mode later tonight, would be great to have a local partner. : D

I won't have it until a few days to a week at least, it's still in transit somewhere.
But once I get it, I'd do coop with you in the evening.

To spread out releases. Hyrule Warriors this month. Bayo next.

The majority of people who want this game do not give a flying fuck about about hyrule warriors.

Some idiot at Nintendo must of thought the demographics overlapped. Clueless.

Holding back an amazing game to sell a shitty themed musou. Smh.

Jesus, it's 2pm here and I'm just waking up, this is what happens when you play Bayonetta until 6am in the morning I guess!

Hmm, so did anyone in Europe pick the game up? I'm hoping to test out the multiplayer mode later tonight, would be great to have a local partner. : D

Thanks for the stream dude, I fell asleep in my chair during the final boss :/

The majority of people who want this game do not give a flying fuck about about hyrule warriors.

Some idiot at Nintendo must of thought the demographics overlapped. Clueless.

Holding back an amazing game to sell a shitty themed musou. Smh.

If they dont spread out releases then people would complain about software droughts.

Top Bottom