• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Just finished Bayonetta 1 and loved it however one gripe I had was the game's color was too drab and brown so it's nice to see 2 improve on the art-style, also side note moving onto 2 I love how picking up enemy weapons don't get in the way of your main weapons and are now set to one button.

NEO0MJ

I feel like I'm the only one who preferred bayo 2's final boss.
I felt that jubi was too much of a background/setpiece boss that wasn't that fun to fight on replays. Only flaw with Aesir is that you already fought a weaker version a few times before and the lacking finisher.

Just finished Bayonetta 1 and loved it however one gripe I had was the game's color was too drab and brown so it's nice to see 2 improve on the art-style, also side note moving onto 2 I love how picking up enemy weapons don't get in the way of your main weapons and are now set to one button.

Yeah, I liked that.

Golnei

I feel like I'm the only one who preferred bayo 2's final boss.
I felt that jubi was too much of a background/setpiece boss that wasn't that fun to fight on replays. Only flaw with Aesir is that you already fought a weaker version a few times before and the lacking finisher.

I don't think anyone's arguing that Jubileus was more fun to fight
than Aesir
- most complaints regarding the final chapter seem to stem from the lacking leadup and presentation rather than the actual battle itself, which was a marked improvement from the first game. If it were prefaced by a sequence equal in strength to Bayonetta 1's Ithavoll Building, occurred within an environment more striking than Jubileus' space battleground and made use of a less anticlimactic finisher, it'd unanimously eclipse its predecessor.

Regiruler

I don't think anyone's arguing that Jubileus was more fun to fight
than Aesir
- most complaints regarding the final chapter seem to stem from the lacking leadup and presentation rather than the actual battle itself, which was a marked improvement from the first game. If it were prefaced by a sequence equal in strength to Bayonetta 1's Ithavoll Building, occurred within an environment more striking than Jubileus' space battleground and made use of a less anticlimactic finisher, it'd unanimously eclipse its predecessor.

I thought the
Omne drop kick
was a fine finisher.
But
Aesir
felt more like Balder without the lead-up. Really, the entire game suffers with trying to rush to the encounters: most of the mook intro cutscenes seem eager to just get it over with as opposed to showcasing the enemy: compare Enchant from 2 with Applaud from 1.

mantidor

I thought the
Omne drop kick
was a fine finisher.
But
Aesir
felt more like Balder without the lead-up. Really, the entire game suffers with trying to rush to the encounters: most of the mook intro cutscenes seem eager to just get it over with as opposed to showcasing the enemy: compare Enchant from 2 with Applaud from 1.

I felt the same thing. The game felt like it wanted you to rush through it and in comparison felt shorter. The funny thing is that when I saw my playtime it was roughly the same, if not a bit more, than my first Bayonetta 1 run, without including the witch trials. I guess the game is that good, time really flies by when you are playing it.

Golnei

I felt the same thing. The game felt like it wanted you to rush through it and in comparison felt shorter. The funny thing is that when I saw my playtime it was roughly the same, if not a bit more, than my first Bayonetta 1 run, without including the witch trials. I guess the game is that good, time really flies by when you are playing it.

I generally felt the pacing was fine until the ending; especially since most of the plot was structured as a race to save Jeanne - nothing in the scheme of the larger narrative appeared to be too compressed until the final chapter. Most of Bayonetta 2 felt like a distillation of the original in that regard, hence the high replayability, but the brevity of its denouement definitely hurt it.

Really, the entire game suffers with trying to rush to the encounters: most of the mook intro cutscenes seem eager to just get it over with as opposed to showcasing the enemy: compare Enchant from 2 with Applaud from 1.

It didn't seem like any of those smaller touches were considered when it came to introducing the enemies this time. The underlying game itself is stronger and the actual enemy designs are as good as ever, but we didn't get any flourishes like the flowers blooming in the presence of the Affinities, the Enchants erupting from the flaming tram wreckage, Joy's dance-off and the Inspired charging through the mouth of Jormungandr's Staff. It seemed like a conscious decision to hurry the smaller encounters along with little ceremony due to the player already being familiar with the general idea of the angels from the first game, but that still doesn't mitigate the disappointment of the demons not getting any comparable sequences. Though again, missing out on extra cinematic details like those is certainly preferable to having the gameplay suffer in any way.

Astral Dog

These last days i realized something that was very obvious,

Nobody really cares about the characters of Bayonetta or its world, i always see "the cutscenes are shit, Platinum is stupid" even among fans, and yes, its not a game for everyone, but with the exception of Bayonetta (and thats sometimes, with part of the arguing simple controversy) most gamers hate everything about it, i have seen it mentioned many times before, "gamers/ I rather play Scalebound , or Shadow of Mordor, or Destiny, or Bloodborne,or Assasins Creed, or the rumored Devil May Cry 5, even when there is so few action games around, and Bayonetta is high quality, there is no desire to play.

They hate the world, designs, characters, music, cutscenes, graphics, everything about it is "unappealing" and thats true, without it the game has no place on this market, i didnt realized the situation was so bad, i enjoyed the story, in the same way i like the DMC story,, liked how the game played with a few tropes and turn them around, enjoyed the interactions of Bayonetta with Cereza, Luka, Jeanne, and the angel bosses, enjoyed looking for these useless papers that fleshed out the world, enjoyed watching Bayonetta kill a huge angel with a bigger demon made from her hair, the over the top silliness, the music, the pseudo religious theme,the final boss, it was memorable to me, i put it close to DMC 3,wich a story that everyone loved., even if it was badly presented for budget reasons and stupid as hell, if you put attention to it, you may find it at least something interesting, or a spin of DMC with a femenine touch,

I know It does have its flaws, a few characters are bad apples,and its not as enjoyable to watch as DMC, but, somewhere, it took what i loved about that series and gave it its own spin, creating something unique that unfortunately we may never see again.

Someday, i would like to see people talking about Bayonetta characters with the same esteem, as, say, Devil May Cry characters, well maybe not the same, but just talking about them, instead of just saying they are garbage.

I know some good people enjoy talking about it here on the OT, booth good and bad things, i enjoyed reading them.

Edit: it was kinda difficult for me writting this, its not meant to complain or something like that, i know its not very clear.

Golnei

Nobody really cares about the characters of Bayonetta or its world, i always see "the cutscenes are shit, Platinum is stupid" even among fans, and yes, its not a game for everyone, but with the exception of Bayonetta (and thats sometimes, with part of the arguing simple controversy) most gamers hate everything about it, i have seen it mentioned many times before, "gamers/ I rather play Scalebound , or Shadow of Mordor, or Destiny, or Bloodborne,or Assasins Creed, or the rumored Devil May Cry 5, even when there is so few action games around, and Bayonetta is high quality, there is no desire to play.

They hate the world, designs, characters, music, cutscenes, graphics, everything about it is "unappealing" and thats true, without it the game has no place on this market, i didnt realized the situation was so bad, i enjoyed the story, in the same way i like the DMC story,, liked how the game played with a few tropes and turn them around, enjoyed the interactions of Bayonetta with Cereza, Luka, Jeanne, and the angel bosses, enjoyed looking for these useless papers that fleshed out the world, enjoyed watching Bayonetta kill a huge angel with a bigger demon made from her hair, the over the top silliness, the music, the pseudo religious theme,the final boss, it was memorable to me, i put it close to DMC 3,wich a story that everyone loved., even if it was badly presented for budget reasons and stupid as hell, if you put attention to it, you may find it at least something interesting, or a spin of DMC with a femenine touch,

I know It does have its flaws, a few characters are bad apples,and its not as enjoyable to watch as DMC, but, somewhere, it took what i loved about that series and gave it its own spin, creating something unique that unfortunately we may never see again.

Someday, i would like to see people talking about Bayonetta characters with the same esteem, as, say, Devil May Cry characters, well maybe not the same, but just talking about them, instead of just saying they are garbage.

I know some good people enjoy talking about it here on the OT, booth good and bad things, i enjoyed reading them.

Edit: it was kinda difficult for me writting this, its not meant to complain or something like that, i know its not very clear.

Bayonetta isn't 'appealing' in the slightest. Playing as a woman visibly in her mid-30s (as well as her mother and girlfriend) is too much of a stretch for most of the action game demographic - reinforcing said woman's sexuality at every turn, occupying the supporting cast with overbearing caricatures, inundating the player with seemingly useless lore and worldbuilding, populating the soundtrack with as much jazz influence as the more expected orchestral bombast and turning towards a much more colourful visual palette only narrow the appeal further.

If Platinum were primarily concerned with Bayonetta's financial success above all else, they would have ordered Kamiya to produce the Mighty No. 9 of DMC - regurgitate the same archetypes of setting, character, presentation and plot in order to appeal to existing fans without taking any risks. The stylistic choices which make the series so controversial are largely why it needed to be made in the first place - and why it's long since surpassed its spiritual predecessor in most ways. The music, environment / character / enemy / sound design, characters / characterisation, actual implementation of bosses and enemies, worldbuilding and narrative outclasses the DMC series as a whole, with only Dante's impressive range of skills in DMC4, some of the Gaudi-inspired visual design in DMC1 and the strongest points of DMC1's soundtrack providing something that Bayonetta hasn't yet equalled - and even then, the difference in the actual underlying structure of combat in both series make DMC4's high skill ceiling and impressive complexity a goal that wouldn't be fully compatible with the Bayonetta games.

edit: Wait, nevermind, I missed the other thread. No point in importing drama here.

Astral Dog

Bayonetta isn't 'appealing' in the slightest. Playing as a woman visibly in her mid-30s (as well as her mother and girlfriend) is too much of a stretch for most of the action game demographic - reinforcing said woman's sexuality at every turn, occupying the supporting cast with overbearing caricatures, inundating the player with seemingly useless lore and worldbuilding, populating the soundtrack with as much jazz influence as the more expected orchestral bombast and turning towards a much more colourful visual palette only narrow the appeal further.

If Platinum were primarily concerned with Bayonetta's financial success above all else, they would have ordered Kamiya to produce the Mighty No. 9 of DMC - regurgitate the same archetypes of setting, character, presentation and plot in order to appeal to existing fans without taking any risks. The stylistic choices which make the series so controversial are largely why it needed to be made in the first place - and why it's long since surpassed its spiritual predecessor in most ways. The music, environment / character / enemy / sound design, characters / characterisation, actual implementation of bosses and enemies, worldbuilding and narrative outclasses the DMC series as a whole, with only Dante's impressive range of skills in DMC4, some of the Gaudi-inspired visual design in DMC1 and the strongest points of DMC1's soundtrack providing something that Bayonetta hasn't yet equalled - and even then, the difference in the actual underlying structure of combat in both series make DMC4's high skill ceiling and impressive complexity a goal that wouldn't be fully compatible with the Bayonetta games.

edit: Wait, nevermind, I missed the other thread. No point in importing drama here.

Im not sure what are you trying to say here, you hated the story, but then praised the game?
And, yeah, its true, Bayoneytta is not "appealing" to the mass market,not even DMC is that popular, but i appalud Platinum for not just going for a extremely similar DMC game with the same characters, they tried something similar, with DMC as a foundation,but added a touch of their own, a distinctive style,they wanted a badass witch that had guns on her feet and uses her hair as a weapon, im very glad they went with their vision.

Some people say Bayonetta is a piece of shit that should not had existed, or its "holding" Platinum back, i say its Platinums flagship franchise.

What other topic? the what its wrong with Bayonetta 2? i may try something there, as wrong as it would go.

mantidor

Bayonetta's story is perfectly on par with most games' stories, so I'll never understand the exaggerated hate.

Or I kind of do, gaming still isn't ready for strong female protagonists, the games just bomb. Bayonetta takes things further, because not only is she strong, she plays her sex appeal to the nth degree, it's too much for many people methinks. It's funny because the games are actually incredibly tame compared to stuff like GTA or any other modern game to be honest.

El Odio

Banned
I actually enjoyed the characters of in both games, mainly because they all served a different purpose and weren't just there for no reason. Storywise I thought that the more text heavy bits were a bit tiring since it just made for a large gap in the action but they seemed to at least cut back on that in the sequel.

I really like the story and characters, the humor is great and there is warmth in every encounter/conversation with Luca and Bayonetta and also a bit tragedy in both Lucas and Bayonettas life.

The only thing I'm a little bit disappointed in is that they nerfed Jeanne in the second game. I like her portrayel in the first game way better, completely over the top and cocky.

I think you just pay too much attention to a few vocal haters. ;-)

The Devil May Cry comparison is interesting because I always found DMC to be a whole new level of cringeworthy compared to Bayonetta. I hate Dante as a character, he's designed to be cool to 14 year olds, and Nero is also pretty much designed to appeal to that target audience. Bayonetta is self aware enough in its campiness that it works, imo. All Bayo characters are in their thirties or older (expect Loki) and Bayo being a confident, sexy, campy woman in her thirties is not the kind of lead character that appeals to the DMC audience. So I don't think that it's surprising to see DMC fans not caring for the Bayo universe. For me, as a Bayo fan, it's the other way around. I vastly prefer Bayo and Jeanne over Dante. Badass fierce b*ches over try-hard douche bags any day!

I really like the story and characters, the humor is great and there is warmth in every encounter/conversation with Luca and Bayonetta and also a bit tragedy in both Lucas and Bayonettas life.

The only thing I'm a little bit disappointed in is that they nerfed Jeanne in the second game. I like her portrayel in the first game way better, completely over the top and cocky.

Yeah, Bayo and Luka have quite tragic pasts, it's only fitting that they found each other.

I started it tonight, but don't really have much interest in continuing, I'm afraid. These games just aren't for me. I respect them and those who like them (to each their own, of course, but I know they're not bad games just because I'm not into them), but just can't find much fun myself.

I like DmC, but Bayonetta's a bit too out there.

I figured I'd comment because I previously noted taking it out from the library and was told I should've bought it instead. Well, I kind of forced myself to finish the first Bayonetta, and am glad that I didn't pay a lot of money for this one.

Enjoy the game, guys.

Yeah, Bayo and Luka have quite tragic pasts, it's only fitting that they found each other.

Bayonetta may also face a tragic end if I understand the story of Umbra Witches and their relationship/contracts to their infernal demons.
It appears that Madama Butterfly is like a friend of Bayonetta with brofist and all but I can't help but think she is only waiting for Bayonetta to kick the bucket so she can have her soul...

#nerdtalk

Curufinwe

I started it tonight, but don't really have much interest in continuing, I'm afraid. These games just aren't for me. I respect them and those who like them (to each their own, of course, but I know they're not bad games just because I'm not into them), but just can't find much fun myself.

I like DmC, but Bayonetta's a bit too out there.

2013-01-27_00013.jpg

Do most of the copies out there on shelves still have the first game included? Is it easy to tell if they do? Any deals going on at any major retailers right now?

Unit24

I think people generally like DMC's story more than Bayonetta's because the DMC story wasn't shoved down your throat in the same way the Bayo story is. Those cutscenes are stupidly long for a fast paced action game. Hell, they're so long that they needed to make cutscenes that have no animation, which should be a sign that the cutscenes need to be shorter. Also, I don't recall DMC having anything nearly as bad as Enzo or Loki. Granted, Loki isn't THAT bad, but he's not particularly great, and there is way too much focus on him.

Also, I haven't seen any hate for Rodin, because Rodin is awesome. And I can't tell if I like Jeanne or not, because after the first game she doesn't have much to do.

Corgi

Banned
any tips for chainsaws?

I feel like they probably are real good... but im not entirely sure how to use them right besides charging until reddish.

been using them with whips but can't seem to find a good way to use them together.

IKizzLE

I'm one of the few that likes cereza as a character and the lore of the game. Angels and demons is always fascinating to me and platinums take on it is pretty unique. The side characters outside of rodin I wasn't enamored with but all in all, I think the story works and is by far not the worst story in the genre.

Akiller

I wished P* released a patch that let us play story mode with
Balder and Rodin
:(

I mean, just put Bayo during the cutscene and call it a day xD

Golnei

Also, I don't recall DMC having anything nearly as bad as Enzo or Loki. Granted, Loki isn't THAT bad, but he's not particularly great, and there is way too much focus on him.

Also, I haven't seen any hate for Rodin, because Rodin is awesome. And I can't tell if I like Jeanne or not, because after the first game she doesn't have much to do.

I'd put Enzo in the same category as characters like Agnus, Arius and Jester - though he personally doesn't annoy me as much as the latter three, I can empathise with those that can't stand him, especially considering the relatively high amount of screentime he receives. Luka and Loki are inoffensive characters, but the dreadful acting makes them a pain to endure.

Also, isn't Enzo technically a DMC character...?

That's different - while Lillith is very similar to Bayonetta, she basically doesn't exist if you skip the cutscenes, while you have to endure Bayonetta for nearly every second of gameplay. Bayonetta would have been perfect as a comic relief NPC, but the audience shouldn't be asked to stomach her for extended periods of gameplay.

I wished P* released a patch that let us play story mode with
Balder and Rodin
:(

I mean, just put Bayo during the cutscene and call it a day xD

I'm not sure how well that'd work - Rodin is out entirely due to the fact that several sections require the mobility of Beast Within, and
Balder
would still need too much extra work even if Bayonetta is substituted during cutscenes - as he doesn't use the same skeleton as Bayo/
Rosa
/Jeanne, climax sequences and event-specific animations would have to be redone entirely. Though I guess they could employ the same method as the Sam DLC in Rising; where he had a single animation standing in for all of Raiden's takedown sequences.

Regardless, there's no excuse to not allow us to use them in Witch Trials.

popyea

Do most of the copies out there on shelves still have the first game included? Is it easy to tell if they do? Any deals going on at any major retailers right now?

What region are you in? I think most do, and it's quite easy to tell anyway. It's very obviously marked on the box. I was christmas shopping today in australia and every copy I saw was the double pack.

What region are you in? I think most do, and it's quite easy to tell anyway. It's very obviously marked on the box. I was christmas shopping today in australia and every copy I saw was the double pack.
US of A. Thanks. I didn't know if they made it obvious or not. Who knows with nintendo sometimes.

So now that I've come home from college for winter break, I'm going to try to introduce this game to my sister. She doesn't play a lot of video games, but I really think she'll appreciate Bayonetta—she likes games that make you feel like a stylish badass, and that's exactly what Bayonetta is.

I'm going to introduce her to the second game directly, because it doesn't contain any weird difficulty spikes (Grace and Glory). However, I also want her to understand the story. Are there any good summaries of Bayonetta 1's story that I can show her?

Also... any other tips? I'm planning to start her on 2nd Climax, because she was able to get through (and loved) the demo without too much trouble.

Curufinwe

That's different - while Lillith is very similar to Bayonetta, she basically doesn't exist if you skip the cutscenes, while you have to endure Bayonetta for nearly every second of gameplay. Bayonetta would have been perfect as a comic relief NPC, but the audience shouldn't be asked to stomach her for extended periods of gameplay.

What does Bayonetta do during gameplay that makes her hard to stomach?

Astral Dog

Also, I can give you the other things if you want, but the new colorful style makes a beautiful, more visually appealing game, i have seen a few people say that makes the game "Kiddy" but they are stupid fanboys to begin, something is wrong if adding more color to Bayonetta makes it a shitty game for kids :/

I think people generally like DMC's story more than Bayonetta's because the DMC story wasn't shoved down your throat in the same way the Bayo story is. Those cutscenes are stupidly long for a fast paced action game. Hell, they're so long that they needed to make cutscenes that have no animation, which should be a sign that the cutscenes need to be shorter. Also, I don't recall DMC having anything nearly as bad as Enzo or Loki. Granted, Loki isn't THAT bad, but he's not particularly great, and there is way too much focus on him.

Yes, Loki and Enzo where precisely the characters i was thinking of when i said there were "rotten apples" well, Enzo was not too bad on the first game, Loki unfortunately dragged the story of Bayonetta 2.
The cutscenes are like that in part because the budget was not big though, Bayonetta doesnt have much money compared to most AAA games. so they had to make them that way.
I said, it has its flaws,like i prefer DMC too, but i wish Bayonetta was a bit more well recieved,thats all, i enjoy talking about the "story" of both series, but while everybody talks about the Devil May Cry characters, they ignore Bayonetta, mostly because they abhor the characters and story :(
So now that I've come home from college for winter break, I'm going to try to introduce this game to my sister. She doesn't play a lot of video games, but I really think she'll appreciate Bayonetta—she likes games that make you feel like a stylish badass, and that's exactly what Bayonetta is.

I'm going to introduce her to the second game directly, because it doesn't contain any weird difficulty spikes (Grace and Glory). However, I also want her to understand the story. Are there any good summaries of Bayonetta 1's story that I can show her?

Also... any other tips? I'm planning to start her on 2nd Climax, because she was able to get through (and loved) the demo without too much trouble.
I would recommend starting with the first game, on easy mode, instead of showing her the story, Bayonetta has better plot than the sequel, they are very linked, and of course its a great game.

I'd put Enzo in the same category as characters like Agnus, Arius and Jester - though he personally doesn't annoy me as much as the latter three, I can empathise with those that can't stand him, especially considering the relatively high amount of screentime he receives. Luka and Loki are inoffensive characters, but the dreadful acting makes them a pain to endure.

Also, isn't Enzo technically a DMC character...?

What, you didn't like Agnus? but he was awesome !, Lilith and Bayonetta are not close to the same characters, and, whats wrong with Lukas voice?

Golnei

Also, I can give you the other things if you want, but the new colorful style makes a beautiful, more visually appealing game, i have seen a few people say that makes the game "Kiddy" but they are stupid fanboys to begin, something is wrong if adding more color to Bayonetta makes it a shitty game for kids :/

It's certainly beautiful, and Bayonetta 2's environments are unquestionably Platinum's best work in that area; but it still is limited in terms of the breadth of its appeal - "the apotheosis of the Saturn /Dreamcast aesthetic fused with Renaissance architecture" is sadly not all that marketable.

What does Bayonetta do during gameplay that makes her hard to stomach?

She's a man-faced stick insect with a weird accent who flashes her barely-there tits every three seconds. Even if they'd actually made her attractive (normal proportions and height, larger breasts, younger / softer features, no glasses, normal voice, less of a bitch), there's still the problem of being a fundamentally unrelatable fanservice character forced into a protagonist role, which requires the audience to actually care about their motivations and personality - two areas which Bayonetta can't hope to compete with actual characters like Dante, Ryu Hayabusa and Kratos. And unlike DmC, God of War and Asura's Wrath, where fanservice was used in proper doses to reward the player and develop the main character, in Bayonetta, it's everywhere for no reason. Which is why nobody's ever attempted to sell Aphrodite, Gloria or Hot Spring Attendant #2 as action game protagonists - without being anchored to a proper lead, all you're left with is a directionless attempt at sex appeal that quickly loses its novelty, and an empty void the developers desperately attempt to pretend is a character.

:p

I would recommend starting with the first game, on easy mode, instead of showing her the story, Bayonetta has better plot than the sequel, they are very linked, and of course its a great game.

I know, but she's not going to have the patience to play two games, and she'll appreciate the little gameplay polishes in Bayonetta 2. Just for example—it's easier to activate witch time, and there aren't any enemies that you randomly can't get witch time against. I know my sister well, and this would ignore the heck out of her.

Curufinwe

IShe's a man-faced stick insect with a weird accent who flashes her barely-there tits every three seconds.

She doesn't have a man face, she has a perfectly normal British accent, and she never flashes her actual tits. And, even though it's patently absurd for you to complain about their size, they are not even close to being "barely-there".

Bayonetta.jpg

It's not the game's fault you have some bizarre hang ups. Bayonetta is a far more relatable character than the completely unredeemable scumbag Kratos. At least to someone who doesn't require huge breasts and no glasses for a female character's design to be good.

Capra

Oh man so I got home for winter break today and marathoned through the entire game on 3rd Climax with Jeanne... God this game is amazing.

Chain Chomp is fantastic, and Rosa's really fun to play with. She almost seems... unfinished though. The whole lack of alt costumes or weapons, as well as her summons just being Bayonetta's makes me feel like she was a last minute addition. Plus her having Bayonetta's forgiving witch time + triple damage doesn't seem very well balanced by her fragility. I mean, anyone going for PP already considers a single hit a failure anyway, right? Might just stick with Jeanne - she's just too visually appealing as a character and her frame-perfect witch time + unlimited dodge makes for some tense moments. Also she can use the Chain Chomp I just got so that's that.

Anyone want another partner for Tag Climax? NNID is PKCapra.

Golnei

Oh man so I got home for winter break today and marathoned through the entire game on 3rd Climax with Jeanne... God this game is amazing.

Chain Chomp is fantastic, and Rosa's really fun to play with. She almost seems... unfinished though. The whole lack of alt costumes or weapons, as well as her summons just being Bayonetta's makes me feel like she was a last minute addition. Plus her having Bayonetta's forgiving witch time + triple damage doesn't seem very well balanced by her fragility. I mean, anyone going for PP already considers a single hit a failure anyway, right? Might just stick with Jeanne - she's just too visually appealing as a character and her frame-perfect witch time + unlimited dodge makes for some tense moments. Also she can use the Chain Chomp I just got so that's that.

Anyone want another partner for Tag Climax? NNID is PKCapra.

With
Rosa
, I agree that she seems a little incomplete despite larger gameplay alterations and presence in the main story compared to Jeanne - I'm grateful we can use her as a separate character in the first place, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want a patch/DLC to allow her to use variations of Bayonetta's weapons and costumes (especially if some were those absent from this game, and doubly so if her version of the Fox costume included James McCloud's glasses) and added a full model of Madama Khepri.

Speaking of which, I wonder why Jeanne / Madama Styx never got moth wings here or in Bayonetta 1? It doesn't seem to be an addition that'd require as much work as their separate models for Wicked Weaves and summon sequences...

What, you didn't like Agnus? but he was awesome !, Lilith and Bayonetta are not close to the same characters, and, whats wrong with Lukas voice?

Agnus was a little one-note, and wore thin quickly. As for Luka, it's more to do with having a weak, bland performance - acting along most other game casts, it'd just be on the low side of unremarkable, but he really grates when put next to Taylor's Bayonetta. DeLisle's performance isn't quite as good, but manages to stand against it competently, and Rodin, Cereza and Enzo's actors don't have that problem due to being much more competent realisations of their archetypes. As with Loki, Luka's a decent character limited by a bad performance. The Lillith comments were intended as a joke, but perhaps I should have been a little more obvious.

Corgi

Banned
finish first playthrough (climax 3).

fantastic game... didn't expect it to end there. Story felt a bit directionless.... like bayo 1 I had a feeling who the final boss was, but i had no clue that wait... this was the final boss until he went 'boss form'. hmmmm

Btw whats the name of the main song of bayo2? Like the ending holiday version lol.

There also seems to be a lack of hard normal enemy types like those claw dudes in 1 which reck your shit easily. Everybody is pretty easy to read in this.

Astral Dog

I know, but she's not going to have the patience to play two games, and she'll appreciate the little gameplay polishes in Bayonetta 2. Just for example—it's easier to activate witch time, and there aren't any enemies that you randomly can't get witch time against. I know my sister well, and this would ignore the heck out of her.

Well, i dont know what to say, you know best, there are the cutscenes on Youtube, an story summary on Wikipedia and the Bayonetta wiki, or, the...animated movie :/

Regiruler

I suck ass with Rodin. He's so unorthodox to play, not to mention cripplingly short-ranged. Any ideas or tips on how to use him better?

On another note, I unlocked two cards today while tagging with Capra: the one tag-climax exclusive demon fight (forgot the name) and the famous tag climax 13. After beating it (which I teased teasing 3 star difficulty for, before going down to 0-star so we didn't fuck up our chance), he then proceeded to challenge Loptr, and going back to me (fight was rather easy for rodin since the fight is fairly close-range) I choose the end-all be-all when it comes to finishing the set so nothing is fucked up: Affinity, Level 0.

I then quit, and we we're both thinking the exact same thing:
time to fuck around with balder

Capra

^^ LOL. Tonight was actually my first time playing Tag Climax so when that verse card came up I didn't realize it would unlock
Balder
. I probably would've played it safer afterwards had I realized losing that set would've cost us both a new character. But then again, a little gamble always livens things up, right?

From what I can tell, he seems to be more of a ranged spellcaster better suited to support than jumping straight into the fray. It's just too bad there isn't an official combo listing for him or Rodin, or even a practice mode for Tag Climax-exclusive characters. Seems like a huge oversight.

Also submitted for GAF's approval: Fighting
Balder
with two
Balder
s, bad idea, or best idea?

Regiruler

^^ LOL. Tonight was actually my first time playing Tag Climax so when that verse card came up I didn't realize it would unlock
Balder
. I probably would've played it safer afterwards had I realized losing that set would've cost us both a new character. But then again, a little gamble always livens things up, right?

From what I can tell, he seems to be more of a ranged spellcaster better suited to support than jumping straight into the fray. It's just too bad there isn't an official combo listing for him or Rodin, or even a practice mode for Tag Climax-exclusive characters. Seems like a huge oversight.

Also submitted for GAF's approval: Fighting
Balder
with two
Balder
s, bad idea, or best idea?

I had no idea if losing the set would cost us the character or not I just really didn't want to risk the possibility that it did.

I actually saw the Bayonetta + Jeanne card (IIRC the last non-WC one I need) but me and a random screwed up even on level zero (THAT FIGHT IS FUCKING HARD).

Top Bottom