• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 release date: October 24th in the US

Astral Dog

I was hoping there wouldn't be such a big gap between the JPN & NA release dates. Not sure what Nintendo's reasoning is for making the other 2 territories wait an extra month to play the game but I bet it's stupid. Hopefully we'll get a demo soon, I need this game in my life RIGHT STAT NOW!

Yeah, very annoying to wait one month more than Japan,when the game is obviously finished, this has happened last year on Wii U too, and its going to be released on a busy month :/, but atleast its just one month and not two like the original.

Yeah, very annoying to wait one month more than Japan,when the game is obviously finished, this has happened last year on Wii U too, and its going to be released on a busy month :/, but atleast its just amonth and not two like the original.
Indeed, some folks have already played through it multiple times.

Zaku

God, I love that Nintendo releases their games on Fridays so you have the whole weekend to enjoy it. Picking up a game on Tuesday evening, knowing I have to go to bed early enough not to be a zombie at work on Wednesday is the worst.

I can't wait to kick Hell's ass.

roknin

October the 24th... the day shit gets real.

My body has been ready for months now.

God, I love that Nintendo releases their games on Fridays so you have the whole weekend to enjoy it. Picking up a game on Tuesday evening, knowing I have to go to bed early enough not to be a zombie at work on Wednesday is the worst.

I can't wait to kick Hell's ass.

Gawd yes haha, hate that so much. The few times I do a midnight release on Tuesdays I'm usually very "not happy" the next morning.

That shit kiiilllllllleeeeeed me with Super Street Fighter 4 (back when I actually cared about SF4).

KevinG

I don't know if the style of the game OS my cup of tea, but I'm intrigued by the massive amount of hype, and my Wii U needs some love.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10019-1402165772-58.gif

Day 1

BBboy20

I just realized how next-gen that water is.

So, 10/24 is the day I lose my fucking mind. =D
Yes, the best day to lose our minds forever.

YEEEES

Oh god I'm fucking hyped right now
I haven't been this hyped since Metal Gear Solid 4.

10 days to beat The Evil Within, and then dive into Bayonetta. Glorious. October is going to be great.
I just realized that I probably should get it due to Vanquish.

GOTY contender?
It's what AAA needs to be.

GAF, the GotY is almost upon us.

I'm not sure we're ready.
We're probably not.

Bayonetta 2 + Bayonetta: Bloody Fate = A very good week in October.
Where's Rodin and his bar when we need it?

aborath

Neo Member
Thats fucking vile.

The gif is awkward and gratuitous. Viewed in context though (i.e., watch the source), it's fine. The eye is focused on the rodent. By the time you're drawn to her ass, she's already rising. The camera might linger a bit, but that's just keeping with the sexually-playful spirit of the game. I definitely don't have the patience for most video game pandering, but Bayonetta has a certain self-awareness. It's basically satire. Maybe I'm giving Platinum too much credit, but that's how I see it.

Astral Dog

Thats fucking vile.

The game would be so much better without all these crotch shots and pandering.

Its part of the games identity,maybe they should tone it down a little,but then again people will complain that Nintendo censured the game or some shit.
And even if i think Bayonetta 2 should had been released sooner, a few months of polish dont hurt, Platinum is very efficient, like you said, but they were still working on MG Rising, Wonderful 101. Bayonetta Wii U, Korra and Scalebound on some way, im impressed they have this game finished, even Kamiya said Bayo 2 had not entered its full stage of development until W101 was finished last year.

Monocle

Dammit, late October? Doesn't the game come out in Japan on September 20th? I hope I'm mistaken, because I will not be thrilled if I have to dodge player impressions, footage, and story and content spoilers for a whole month. I know about as much as I care to know between the E3 trailer and the recent batch of previews.

I mean, I can already name all of the weapons that have been shown so far:
Pistols, dual whips, dual swords, poison bow, flame/ice throwers, scythe, hammer.
I would love to discover the rest for myself.

Thats fucking vile.

The game would be so much better without all these crotch shots and pandering.
You'd enjoy the game better if you didn't take satire that's consistent with the tone of the original game at face value. Bayonetta embodies pure female power. She's not a helpless sex object and she's not a sexless doll either. Bayonetta tears down every misogynistic stereotype with savage flair. If you play the first game and pay attention, you'll see what I mean.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Several Norwegian online retailers operates with Oct. 24th as well. Seems like they're in synch for once

Top Bottom