• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta has new hairstyle in Bayonetta 2 (new trailer)

I'm embarrassed to say I've never played Bayonetta despite always being interested in it. I've heard the PS3 version had issues (or was it the 360 version?), and I don't have a 360, so is the PS3 version playable?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I'm embarrassed to say I've never played Bayonetta despite always being interested in it. I've heard the PS3 version had issues (or was it the 360 version?), and I don't have a 360, so is the PS3 version playable?

it is playable, but graphics are worst then 360 and framerate dips time to time.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hmm that's disappointing. Would you say it's still worth the 20 Euro investment?

Its still one of, if not the greatest action game ever. The game just has a lower framerate and muddier textures but still completely playable. Even with the inferior PS3 port, it still has a higher framerate than the majority of games this gen.

I know right? It's not as if it's in the thread title or anything.

From someone who avoided the first specifically due to her character design, I approve of the new look.

If you avoided such a great game, arguably the best in its genre based on character design your opinion doesnt mean shit to me. sorry.

Hmm that's disappointing. Would you say it's still worth the 20 Euro investment?
If its your only way of playing it I'd say its worth it. Like he said its fully playable but there is an obvious gulf between the 360 and PS3 version. I'm still hoping for a Bayonetta: Climax Edition for Eshop though.

Its still one of, if not the greatest action game ever. The game just has a lower framerate and muddier textures but still completely playable. Even with the inferior PS3 port, it still has a higher framerate than the majority of games this gen.

If its your only way of playing it I'd say its worth it. Like he said its fully playable but there is an obvious gulf between the 360 and PS3 version. I'm still hoping for a Bayonetta: Climax Edition for Eshop though.

Well I'm convinced! Will pick up Bayonetta and Vanquish and get my Platinum on. I've been ignoring them for too long.

My impression of the first game was coloured by the PS3 demo and it didn't click for me so I passed on it. I wasn't hyped for this game at all until I saw this demo for it. Damn, it looks crazy! Definitely on the U list for next year with Mario Kart & X.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
He's totally right though.

As dumb as I think the posts complaining about WHERE IS HER HAIR COMING FROM NOW are

I think ThoughtsofSpeaking proposing that nothing matters but gameplay and dismissing everything else as "fluff" is equally annoying.

Hey it's cool you're all about serious gameplay or whatever, but there's no need to be condescending towards people that enjoy the other aspects and want to discuss them.

I mean there's not much else to talk about at the moment as we can't play. and I'm pretty sure Platinum wants people to react to the new look

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I mean there's not much else to talk about at the moment as we can't play. and I'm pretty sure Platinum wants people to react to the new look

I wanna know who the Yugioh kid is and why the trailer ended with him.

As dumb as I think the posts complaining about WHERE IS HER HAIR COMING FROM NOW are

I think ThoughtsofSpeaking proposing that nothing matters but gameplay and dismissing everything else as "fluff" is equally annoying.

Hey it's cool you're all about serious gameplay or whatever, but there's no need to be condescending towards people that enjoy the other aspects.

Always hated that mentality in Bayo 1 threads.

I have no problem with people discussing her hair. I do find it embrassing that this is a 12 page thread and the thread showing gameplay is barely 6 pages.

Even worse, the thread has videos explaining the new mechanics.

It just sends the wrong message what is important in an action game and what isnt. No wonder people used think that the criticism of DmC started and ended on the fact Dantes hair wasnt white.

So bizarre.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna know who the Yugioh kid is and why the trailer ended with him.

Vigrid goes through hiphop era.

Something else interesting is the ranking coins.

Rodin is still gold and Bayo is still Platinum, but silver is no longer Luka and obviously Bronze isn't Cereza

I can't make out details but I think that character in the trailer might be one of the coins

Someone mentioned asymmetric gameplay in another thread. Was local co-op story mode confirmed?

Co-op was confirmed(and Jeanne being playable in it was hinted at) but I don't believe it was specified whether it was local or online. but with Wii-U's focus as a platform being on local play I think it's safe to assume it'll be an option for it.

and I think it's been said from multiple sources that it was separate from the single player but there's not enough concrete info to know for sure.

It is very playable

Still had a blast even with drops, which didnt matter cause I was still kicking @$$ with her

...but then again I never played the 360 version, so ignorance is bliss

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It is very playable

Still had a blast even with drops, which didnt matter cause I was still kicking @$$ with her

...but then again I never played the 360 version, so ignorance is bliss

I played it on 360 first.

Then got it on PS3 when it came out digitally for trophies

and still had fun pouring another 30-40 hours into it

but I might be a bit biased I guess

V_Arnold

I only had one wish for this. That you do not need to mash that much. And that wish seems to have been granted for me. Thank you, Platinum Games! Thank you!

The game looks great. It's even more crazy, violent, and sexy than the original.

The short hair is growing on me, but I'm not sure about the blue pieces of the costume, the wings made out of hair, and the white gloves with huge ruffles also look dumb. She almost looks like she should be fighting alongside the Joker with Harley Quinn. I also don't think the glasses look good with the new hair and costume. Then there's all the 8 point stars hanging off her. It all looks very gaudy, but I guess that's what they're going for with pretty much everything in the game. The first game had a lot of Gaudi inspired environments. I still don't really like it. She used to look badass and now I think she kind of looks like a clown.

Unlucky

Here are the controls (for the demo)
EXRzevU.jpg
souce http://www.4gamer.net/games/184/G018439/20130612107/

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I have no problem with people discussing her hair. I do find it embrassing that this is a 12 page thread and the thread showing gameplay is barely 6 pages.

Even worse, the thread has videos explaining the new mechanics.

It just sends the wrong message what is important in an action game and what isnt. No wonder people used think that the criticism of DmC started and ended on the fact Dantes hair wasnt white.

So bizarre.

I think it's because her hair is slightly divisive and provokes an immediate reaction from people, good or bad. People comment, and then people flock to the thread with more comments. It's also something that any action game person can understand and digest.

Some people like it and some people don't. Everyone likes the gameplay, so there's less reason to yell at people in that thread.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So is the Y button just for context sensitive actions now? I used the old shoot button pretty often when I played.

I hope not. I hate it when games have dead face buttons.

but yeah Kamiya even acknowledged in the commentaries how useless that button ended up being in the original

Hopefully they can find something to use it for.

So is the Y button just for context sensitive actions now? I used the old shoot button pretty often when I played.

I was thinking that but in the gameplay videos you can see her cancelling into shots quite often.I guess the button is still a shoot button in combat but it also initates other things. Ive also seen dodge ofset once or twice but i havent seen shots continuing when the button is held down.

I wish somebody would do a proper Q&A on the combat system.

Einbroch

Banned
Is it strange that I thought the old Bayonetta was ugly and I find the new one super hot? Can hair really make that much of a difference?

Het_Nkik

I hate the touchpad

I hate it so much.

Is there an option to just use the Pro Controller on the Wii-U only?

You need the Game Pad to at least start up the system and select a game, but once you're in a game you can use whatever controllers are supported. I'm 1000% positive this game will support the Pro Controller.

Top Bottom