• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta has new hairstyle in Bayonetta 2 (new trailer)

L.O.R.D

the plane that cut in half in the video, its like the same plane or any cyborg in MGR
its that orange glowing thing

Is the back drop prerendered or is it real time? If its real time then it far exceeds what the last gen consoles are capable of. Its doing all that while casting shadows, high resolutions at that and at a blistering 60fps.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I guess that could be pretty cool.

Looking at all the stage demo footage, the improvement to animation(especially considering how well animated the original was) is so gooooood. Not just for Bayonetta(dem kick-only combos), but even just for stuff like enemy hit-stun.

Yeah seriously. Even bigger enemies seem to have so many more different hit reactions to different moves Bayonetta uses

They've even redone animations for old chains. (I noticed her standard rush punch chain and PKP, while functionally work the same as the first game have completely new animations)

Platinum is at the top of their fucking game presentation wise so far.

If the whole game manages to be like this...

Also please rememeber Sai Fong PG. I think I could die with no regrets in life if I could use Sai Fong in Umbran Climax just once....

There's this one sword combo, at about 2:20 of the IGN video, where the Wicked Weave at the end stabs upward from the ground and holds the enemy in place for a second; it's... beautiful. Normally I'd make a gif, but it's a stream recording and I'm not fond of watermarks besides. :/

It's in the 60 FPS gamersyde video as well

unfortunately it's offcam, but there's no watermark.

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_bayonetta_2_e3_showfloor_full_gameplay-30289_en.html

When Bayo activates angel trigger her left eye glows, wonder-reds eye as well in hero mode and villager in smash had it as well. Sheer coincidence?

Angel Trigger?

edit: oh the wings. heh

Neff

It doesnt even come close to games like forza 5, KI, or Titanfall or Assassins creed 4 :- All running at 60FPS too.

I'm not suggesting Wii U's performance equals next gen, that would be ridiculous. But it can show up next to the big boys without looking sub-par when concerted effort is made, in fact it looks extremely impressive, and it's still early days.

Meelow

Banned
Here's a guide for Bayonetta 1

If you have 360 only: If you don't own this game by now, get out and rethink your life
If you have PS3 only: 360 version dumps on the PS3 ver. but it's still playable. You'd be a fool to skip out on a perfectly playable version of the game.
If you have Wii only: You're fucked. Buy a 360 or PS3.

tl;dr - you will do whatever is necessary to be able to play this game.

I'll wait to see if they announce a Wii U version, if not I'll have to buy the PS3 version.

It's in the 60 FPS gamersyde video as well

unfortunately it's offcam, but there's no watermark.

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_bayonetta_2_e3_showfloor_full_gameplay-30289_en.html

Thanks.

iwLYYRaQGIWfY.gif

Also, the demon she summons for the dual swords(which are shown to have Shuraba's charge attack in one of the gametrailers videos, by the way) isn't Malphas.

i05xY4PV1G1fd.gif

Looks like a giant bat, so I'm guessing it's Camazotz.

Outside of Madama Butterfly, it looks like everything she summons might be new(not counting Gomorrah, since it turns into a boss).

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Is the back drop prerendered or is it real time? If its real time then it far exceeds what the last gen consoles are capable of. Its doing all that while casting shadows, high resolutions at that and at a blistering 60fps.

Did you play Bayonetta 1.
The intro scene is just as crazy.

Im gonna bet its NOT prerendered, but yes its damn impressive.

Fonz72

Play it! ASAP.

You still haven't played it? Hand in your gamer badge.

The obvious answer is play it now. Bayonetta is leaps and bounds better than any of the other games you mentioned. People aren't being hyperbolic when they say it's the greatest action game ever made.

Bayonetta, Bayonetta, Bayonetta. Holy shit, just do it. It's not every day, month, or year you get your hands on a game that's almost universally acknowledged to be one of the best things that's ever happened to its genre. Play it. Play it so you can testify to the glory of our Queen and rejoice in her hallowed return. Play it now.

Started it, just under and hour in and, and................I'm smitten! Yea, it's pretty early but this game is FUCKING GREAT so far, the writing and voice acting are epic! All sorts of sultry cheese! Enjoying the hell out of it so far. Thanks guys!

Malvingt2

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya @PG_kamiya

REPEAT: We are a developer. Nintendo are the ones kind enough to fund and publish our W101 and Bayo 2 projects. (1/2)

So if Nintendo says “We are publishing Bayo 2 on PS3/360.” Then it will happen. So please go ask them, not us. (2/2)
1:53 AM - 17 Jun 2013

It's supposed to mean what it says. If you want a PS3 version ask Nintendo. You might also want to ask for PS3 Zelda. <- by JP

people are still on that lol

Anyway I love the gameplay footage and dat trailer..

Blades64

Banned

Looks great! I think I still prefer this gameplay video, because it looks like it's played by someone who knows how to play Bayonetta.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Saw Bayo 2 footage during the e3 week, went out and bought a Wii U the same day.

2014 is way, waaaaay too far away.

jayvo

Bayonetta 2 is really the only reason I'd buy a Wii U. Even then, not even sure it's worth it....the Wii U that is. Love Bayonetta!

NiNTENDOMiNATi0N has uploaded more footage of the E3 demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k5-WIM3-QU - 13:51 minutes long.

The new kick only combo. :eek: Going by the combo list, it's still a 3 hit string. This leads me to believe the final move in the string can be held fown for a secret attack, just like the original kick-only combo.

Also like that the clock hands that appear during Witch Time are more pronounced. They seemed too subtle in the first game.

Finally, confirmation that Shoot has become the Action Button.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The new kick only combo. :eek: Going by the combo list, it's still a 3 hit string. This leads me to believe the final move in the string can be held fown for a secret attack, just like the original kick-only combo.

The kicks are much faster though. and I think there's a new delay string.

Your right about the hold action though. I think this is the new one

but yeah disappointed there don't seem to be any strings starting with kick leading into punch.

At least the whips look like a MUCH better foot only weapon than Odette

Finally, confirmation that Shoot has become the Action Button

Wasted face button like Circle in Rising. Kinda lame...

but I mean I guess they didn't need another button considering the first game worked pretty well with just 3.

I like lock-on and dodge being on opposite sides this time around though. Was a huge pain on the 360 controller in the first game

Forever

Banned

The lighting appears to be realtime and the plane circles around the same buildings, so it can't be prerendered. The graphics are actually really impressive. I wonder if Kojima gave Platinum some secret sauce.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Never played that series, seem complex and daunting. Is the wiiu Monster Hunter any good?

probably the best so far?
upscalde 1080 HD graphic, free online, dual analog control, tons of quests/weapon/mosnters (unlinke the basic version of MH3), offtv mode, local multiplayer with 3DS version.

About Bayonetta 2, love the Nintendomination video.

Coda

3uzoxv.jpg

I love how Kayima is just acting like a boss at E3 standing near his game during the E3 Nintendo footage in the eShop channel videos on the Wii U. Had to make this meme once I saw them demoing the game.

People really thought this would happen?

Yes. I freely admit that didn't believe platinum will be free of nintendo's influence. I was certain that some kind of stupid mandatory gamepad gimmick would be included.

I am relived so far, but lets remember How far the first game went at times.

Not particularly fussed if things like that are cut though

Anywho, that video gives a hint on the games plot at the end.

In the original game, it starts with the text:- "In a Universe of light and dark, where perception is reality" Alluding to
the fact that everyone thinks cereza was bayonetta's daughter

In the end of the video It says:- "In a Universe of light and dark, where time reflects infinitely"

Maybe Bayo has to go back in time to save Jeanne?

Top Bottom