• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta has new hairstyle in Bayonetta 2 (new trailer)

I hope not. I hate it when games have dead face buttons.

but yeah Kamiya even acknowledged in the commentaries how useless that button ended up being in the original

Hopefully they can find something to use it for.

I wish somebody would do a proper Q&A on the combat system.

Agreed! I was hoping they would do more moves assigned to the shoot button like in DMC or something. I'm a little surprised to see no lock-on button in the control shot as well.

On the IGN stream they mentioned a two player mode separate from the story mode? I didn't know that there was gonna be multiplayer. Really interested to see what that's all about.

btrboyev

watching the live demo, and it completely eradicates the belief that the Wii U is weak. It's not next gen, but B2 is doing much more than B1 could dream to do.

Fonz72

So. Here's the deal. I have a brand new sealed Xbox360 copy of the orginal sitting on a shelf at home. Should I play it, or just way for the second one?

The short hair looks great, and seriously I have a pretty good sized backlog of X360 games. Should I start with Halo 3, GOW1, Bayonetta, Singularity, or Alan Wake?

I'm obviously fishing in the Bayonetta thread for you guys to motivate me to get off my ass and play the first game.

geebee

Banned
So. Here's the deal. I have a brand new sealed Xbox360 copy of the orginal sitting on a shelf at home. Should I play it, or just way for the second one?

The short hair looks great, and seriously I have a pretty good sized backlog of X360 games. Should I start with Halo 3, GOW1, Bayonetta, Singularity, or Alan Wake?

I'm obviously fishing in the Bayonetta thread for you guys to motivate me to get off my ass and play the first game.
Play it! ASAP.

demidar

You still haven't played it? Hand in your gamer badge.

L.O.R.D

sooo..after the battle with that thing,he take control of your monster and eat jenne soul ?
m5zn_4b5279f250444db.jpg

m5zn_0c5ff2c7e65738b.jpg

i wanna know what will happen next ?
is the trailer from the start of the game ? or from the last scene ?
it appear the main villain can control the bosses that
you already taken down from the first game

Aesthet1c

The obvious answer is play it now. Bayonetta is leaps and bounds better than any of the other games you mentioned. People aren't being hyperbolic when they say it's the greatest action game ever made.

not feeling the short hair at all, but I'm not going to watch the vids, if its awesome, I'll never know what I'll never miss, so the short hair thing ends up being a boon ^__^

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
sooo..after the battle with that thing,he take control of your monster and eat jenne soul ?
i wanna know what will happen next ?
is the trailer from the start of the game ? or from the last scene ?
it appear the main villain can control the bosses that
you already taken down from the first game

Pretty sure this is the/an opening stage.

and based on the extended demos it seems like after Bayonetta summons Gomorrah to finish off the mid boss, it breaks out of her hair as a binding during the summon and manifests itself fully in the human world.

Jeanne pushes her out of the way when Gomorrah attacks Bayonetta off guard shortly afterwards and is presumably killed in the process. (when witches are killed their souls are dragged to Hell/Inferno as the price of their contract with demons)

The new enemy does not appear in the demo so I'm not sure we can conclude that he's controlling them. Gomorrah just appears to go berserk

As for what will happen next I have no idea, but I imagine Jeanne won't be staying dead based on co-op play being on the table

Satch

Banned
Jeanne died like 50 times in the first game so shes ok

shes practically this series' version of Kenny

"Oh my Jubileus, you killed Jeanne!"

"You bastard!"

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Jeanne ever died in Bayo 1. Defeated yes, then ran away.

She never died.

IIRC the stone she used to seal Bayonetta protected her from the missiles at the end of Jeanne 3

and she was just chillin in space I guess while Bayo was handling Jubileus

P sure the game is going in the direction of Bayonetta going to hell to get her soul back, with demons shaping up to be boss encounters. but I hope that isn't the entire plot of the game. I'd hate for Jeanne to just be a damsel in distress the whole time

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
seems like the new tech "umbra climax" is pretty much like devil trigger but with increased range of weapon

Yep.

God I want to play around with it so much. Madama Butterfly headbutt is too fucking hype

The punish move in the demo where Bayo summons her to pound Gomorrah's face into the skyscraper and end with the headbutt is just HNNNNNNNNNGH

Meelow

Banned
I usually am not a fan of short hair on women but Bayonetta pulls it off very well, really like the style.

Also I hope Bayonetta 1 Climax/Director's cut comes to Wii U, got a PS3 but never got Bayonetta and I know about the problems the PS3 version has.

She never died.

IIRC the stone she used to seal Bayonetta protected her from the missiles at the end of Jeanne 3

and she was just chillin in space I guess while Bayo was handling Jubileus

P sure the game is going in the direction of Bayonetta going to hell to get her soul back, with demons shaping up to be boss encounters. but I hope that isn't the entire plot of the game. I'd hate for Jeanne to just be a damsel in distress the whole time

Not sure they will only be boss encounters, considering the Angels and Demons shown from 0:16 through 0:19 of the trailer. Honestly, that many bosses in a single P* game would be insane.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure they will only be boss encounters, considering the Angels and Demons shown from 0:16 through 0:19 of the trailer. Honestly, that many bosses in a single P* game would be insane.

Considering that Gomorrah took place in an actual chapter instead of its own thing like the major bosses in Bayonetta, I'm hoping they're really shaking up the structure from the last game

and as a result we'll see alot more boss encounters like the one depicted in the demo, rather than Cardinal Virtue chapters

Monocle

Bayonetta, Bayonetta, Bayonetta. Holy shit, just do it. It's not every day, month, or year you get your hands on a game that's almost universally acknowledged to be one of the best things that's ever happened to its genre. Play it. Play it so you can testify to the glory of our Queen and rejoice in her hallowed return. Play it now.

ohlawd

I usually am not a fan of short hair on women but Bayonetta pulls it off very well, really like the style.

Also I hope Bayonetta 1 Climax/Director's cut comes to Wii U, got a PS3 but never got Bayonetta and I know about the problems the PS3 version has.

Here's a guide for Bayonetta 1

If you have 360 only: If you don't own this game by now, get out and rethink your life
If you have PS3 only: 360 version dumps on the PS3 ver. but it's still playable. You'd be a fool to skip out on a perfectly playable version of the game.
If you have Wii only: You're fucked. Buy a 360 or PS3.

tl;dr - you will do whatever is necessary to be able to play this game.

Considering that Gomorrah took place in an actual chapter instead of its own thing like the major bosses in Bayonetta, I'm hoping they're really shaking up the structure from the last game

and as a result we'll see alot more boss encounters like the one depicted in the demo, rather than Cardinal Virtue chapters

I guess that could be pretty cool.

Looking at all the stage demo footage, the improvement to animation(especially considering how well animated the original was) is so gooooood. Not just for Bayonetta(dem kick-only combos), but even just for stuff like enemy hit-stun.

There's this one sword combo, at about 2:20 of the IGN video, where the Wicked Weave at the end stabs upward from the ground and holds the enemy in place for a second; it's... beautiful. Normally I'd make a gif, but it's a stream recording and I'm not fond of watermarks besides. :/

Totally. This game is E3 for anyone who knows what's up.

Gamersyde 60fps floor footage confirms Wii U is a clear step above current gen and can go toe-to-toe with next.

In the words of the goddess, "Bring it."

Umm lets not get ahead of ourselves. It looked better thsn current gen bayonetta which wasnt exactly pushing the boundries.

It doesnt even come close to games like forza 5, KI, or Titanfall or Assassins creed 4 :- All running at 60FPS too.

It looked in keeping with what we know about the WiiU:- Better than current gen in some areas, worst than others. I noticed at no time were there more than 3 enemies on screen to fight. This is less than PS360 bayo already.

Hypron

After hearing all these praises about the game's visuals, I've been looking for direct feed videos, and I literally can't find any. Are people really saying it looks as good as next gen games based on off screen videos and horrible compressed youtube videos?

After hearing all these praises about the game's visuals, I've been looking for direct feed videos, and I literally can't find any. Are people really saying it looks as good as next gen games based on off screen videos and horrible compressed youtube videos?

they might be watching the high stream off the eshop.

I wouldn't worry about it.

guek

Banned
I noticed at no time were there more than 3 enemies on screen to fight. This is less than PS360 bayo already.

That's fairly specious reasoning. It's not quite fair to judge the demo for what could easily show up at a later point. It is a demo, after all. I didn't really see anything in the demo that was clearly a step down from bayonetta 1, but hey, I didn't get to play it in person so it's incredibly tough to say.

Satch

Banned
Bayonetta, Bayonetta, Bayonetta. Holy shit, just do it. It's not every day, month, or year you get your hands on a game that's almost universally acknowledged to be one of the best things that's ever happened to its genre. Play it. Play it so you can testify to the glory of our Queen and rejoice in her hallowed return. Play it now.

yaaaaaaaaaaaas stan the lord

popyea

That's weird... Why the hell would they drop the option of hard lock on... it made the stinger so easy to execute...

I think both hard-lock and hand guns were just disabled in the demo for the sake of simplicity. Neither are essential, and I don't think they're going to use those empty buttons for anything else.

Looks like they've put weapon switching to where lock-on would be normally, so lock-on might end up mapped to ZL, which sounds more comfortable to me anyway.

That's fairly specious reasoning. It's not quite fair to judge the demo for what could easily show up at a later point. It is a demo, after all. I didn't really see anything in the demo that was clearly a step down from bayonetta 1, but hey, I didn't get to play it in person so it's incredibly tough to say.

its not just that though. The way the halos dropped, the way the enemy armor hardly broke etc.

Its all speculation at this point but we do know that the WiiU has a weaker CPU and a stronger GPU. This would lend itself less independant items on screen than PS360, but the ones that are looking far prettier.

in any case, no reason to make this a debbie downer on the WiiU, likewise its way too early to say this legitimises the system when compared to next gen. The jury is out on both counts.

There is a hard lock on. Its on the Destructiod video. LT or whatever its called on the WiiU.

Sweet, thanks for the info. I got a little worried for a bit lol

I know a lot of people praise the first for how good soft lock-on was, but I used hard lock most of the time, it makes stingers and launchers way easier to do along with back-forward inputs.

Top Bottom