• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behold Nintendo Switch (March 2017, Hybrid w/ Dock, Detachable Controllers, Nvidia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gap is static. It's not like PS4 or XB1 have a hidden TFLOP to mine out of them, the specs are what they are, and therefore, any gap that exists cannot "widen".

You are right "gap" was a poor choice of wording. What I mean is that if PS4/xbone is the minimum that third party developers will target over the course this generation, however long that runs, if Switch comes in below that out of the gate is is going to severely impact the level of support they receive from those publishers, especially taking into account the last 10+ years of Nintendo's third party relations. Obviously if it is successful it will get support to a certain degree, but to the point where we are seeing day and date Switch versions of the major releases (BF, RDR2, GTA, Mass Effect, exact...) I wouldn't bet on it.

EDarkness

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/10/2...nintendo-switch-clarifies-additional-features

For all intents and purposes it's a handheld with a tv out, just executed better than we have seen before (with stuff like psp or vita remote play) I think they want the messaging to be that the game you play at home will be the same as on the go. They are probably hitching their wagon to the console wording because the Wii U is dead while the 3DS is still viable. It's the third pillar thing with DS and Gameboy again.

However, we got a report recently that says the dock provides a performance boost, even if it's just to allow the hardware to run at its normal clock speeds. Otherwise, there would be no point in calling it a home console, which they have done and continue to do. They state that it's a console first and I believe this is why they're keeping the 3DS alive in order to keep those businesses separate and not mess up the message of the NS that is a home console you can take with you. It's main function is to be connected to the TV, though. Again, playing on the TV should be the most optimal way to use the system. No battery issues and better performance.

Branduil

You are right "gap" was a poor choice of wording. What I mean is that if PS4/xbone is the minimum that third party developers will target over the course this generation, however long that runs, if Switch comes in below that out of the gate is is going to severely impact the level of support they receive from those publishers, especially taking into account the last 10+ years of Nintendo's third party relations. Obviously if it is successful it will get support to a certain degree, but to the point where we are seeing day and date Switch versions of the major releases (BF, RDR2, GTA, Mass Effect, exact...) I wouldn't bet on it.

Graphics are pretty scalable these days. Most of the AAA games that come out now have PC versions that are playable on GPUs weaker than the Tegra. CPU power is a much harder limit, but the PS4 and Xbone have such a weak CPU that the Switch could easily surpass them there.

Isn't there, at least theoretically, the option to calibrate the position of a sensor bar in relation to the screen? Since you don't expect the dock to be moved, it would be no issue if the system expects the sensor bar, let's say' at the bottom right of the tv and take this position as the default if you point directly at the tv.

Not that I know of, no. The whole way the Wii Remotes and sensor bar work (and I assume the JoyCon R and Switch would, theoretically) is that the sensor bar displays 2-3 little red IR lights and the controller reads their position to orient itself. So if it can't actually see the lights then it stops working.

At least that's my understanding of it, if someone with more knowledge about it wants to chime in please do. I'm almost positive that the bar and controllers have to be able to "see" each other, though.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, and instead of what I think you are (having the sensor bar perpendicular to the screen and this the controllers) you actually mean having the sensor bar parallel to the screen but just off-center, and just telling the system it's in the say bottom right of the screen and it would act as if it's centered? That might be able to work but it would be disorienting I imagine since ideally, with the sensor bar centered, you are actually pointing at the stuff on-screen. If the sensor bar was to the right or left you'd have to point to the right or left and there'd be a disconnect between where you're actually pointing and where you're supposed to be pointing.

Malakai

There is no difference in power between a handheld Switch and a dock Switch so I'm not sir why you think the distinction is important with regards to its power level. The guts of the hardware are all in the tablet, for all functional purposes it's a tablet with a hardware out for televisions, but a tablet nonetheless. So far some the examples we have on similar hardware architectures are 30 seconds of offscreen footage of a Crysis 3 port (a four year old game) that was cancelled and a poorly running Metal Gear Rising port (another 4 year old game). Granted Nintendo will get a custom Tegra so we have to factor that, but it seems like a pretty big leap to go from that to assuming this thing will run a modern, top of the line title like Battlefield 1. We had this same song and dance with regards to power and third parties in the lead up to the Wii U. Until proven otherwise, I just don't think Nintendo is interested in chasing those things and doesn't put a priority on them.

Are you sure about that? According to this source, the dock does increase the power level

[url=http://letsplayvideogames.com/author/laura-k-dale]Laura Dale[/url] said:
This information again came from sources A (Nintendo), B (Ubisoft) and D (Manufacturing). None could confirm whether the dock is a PlayStation VR-style processing box which helps power higher resolution play when docked, or if docking the console simply allows the handheld to overclock and provides better performance that way. All sources claim the hardware has an easier time running docked compared to when out and about as a portable.

Many on Twitter have drawn my attention to this interview with IGN where Nintendo state that “The dock is not the main console unit of Nintendo Switch… The main function of the Nintendo Switch Dock is to provide an output to the TV, as well as charging and providing power to the system.”

To that, I reply that they repeatedly use the words “main function” and “Main Console” here which still leaves a lot of room for clarity. I believe these statements were aimed at clarifying the Switch was not another Wii U style console rather than saying the dock won’t in any way alter game performance. You can’t play the dock without the handheld, but that doesn’t mean the dock won’t improve game performance.

The boded part is what a lot of folks need to focus on.

Hermii

I don't know if this is the right place to ask or if anyone has that information yet (or if they can ask about it), but do we know if the dock has an Ethernet port? I assume the portable itself obviously won't, but the dock having it would be quite important for me.

We dont know.

Malakai

We dont know.

This isn't directed at you Hermii, but your statement is basically true about so many factors about the Nintendo Switch. We don't know about is "raw power" yet everyone here is being Debbie downer about the Nintendo Switch ability to play games.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
There is no difference in power between a handheld Switch and a dock Switch so I'm not sir why you think the distinction is important with regards to its power level.

If there's no difference in power between a handheld Switch and a dock Switch that means that Switch is running with active cooling and full powered all the time.

It has been bothering me for a while, but all the videos that show the dock, keep saying that it has 2 USB ports on the side. That's wrong to my eyes. There are two holes, but inside each hole, in the center, is a inset divider. There are actually, to my eyes, 2 USB slots per hole.

Maybe my eyes deceive me.

jts

...hate me...
It has been bothering me for a while, but all the videos that show the dock, keep saying that it has 2 USB ports on the side. That's wrong to my eyes. There are two holes, but inside each hole, in the center, is a inset divider. There are actually, to my eyes, 2 USB slots per hole.

Maybe my eyes deceive me.
To mine too, and I've tried to play with brightness and saw the same more clearly. It's been discussed here but most seem to think they are regular USB ports, which is is entirely possible (after all, the whole thing may just be a mock-up), so the final verdict is:

"let's wait and see"

LordKano

I updated my pic with the freshly announced Nobunaga's Ambition and Terraria, which was heavily teased two months ago.

1477590820-testouilletarace.png

TheMoon

I don't know if this is the right place to ask or if anyone has that information yet (or if they can ask about it), but do we know if the dock has an Ethernet port? I assume the portable itself obviously won't, but the dock having it would be quite important for me.

It won't have one.

adroit

...do we know if the dock has an Ethernet port? I assume the portable itself obviously won't, but the dock having it would be quite important for me.

It won't have one.

I hope at least it will support USB Ethernet dongles.

I'm using one on my Wii U because I was constantly being "disconnected" from the server when playing XCX. Someone determined they were using UDP (User Datagram Protocol). UDP requires the programmer to implement their own datagram delivery confirmation and retransmission (at least for important datagrams). Since switching to Ethernet completely solved my "disconnection" problems, it seems to indicate that Monolith Soft's use of UDP was not robust enough to survive the completely normal packet loss you get over any wireless connection.

If Nintendo want that thing to offer competitive multiplayer like the trailer indicates they do, then the console better fucking have an ethernet port.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding western third parties, I really think people overstate the whole "power" thing. Two bigger factors are 1) is there an audience, and 2) how hard is it to put games on the thing. Wii and Wii U had a key disadvantage that Switch doesn't - Switch is actually based on modern hardware. Wii was literally a souped up Gamecube, and Wii U basically carried over the CPU while adding in a newer but still outdated AMD GPU architecture. Tools and developer support are also a factor in ease of development, apparently areas Nintendo struggled with until the Wii U?

If porting games isn't too difficult or costly and people actually buy them, publishers will make things happen. Naturally they want the widest possible audience for their products. Doesn't mean Switch will get every single big third party game, but even with its lower specs it isn't entirely out of the question that it could look more like the Gamecube than the Wii U in terms of support.

Judging by their recent history of the Wii and Wii U, my guess is that no, it definitely won't have an Ethernet port. You can probably still use the official USB to Ethernet adapter with it though.

Speely

Banned
I can't get over how much this is a console directly targeted at me. This is the kind of thing I daydream about when imagining things that will never be. Nintendo drilled into my dreams.

Regarding western third parties, I really think people overstate the whole "power" thing. Two bigger factors are 1) is there an audience, and 2) how hard is it to put games on the thing. Wii and Wii U had a key disadvantage that Switch doesn't - Switch is actually based on modern hardware. Wii was literally a souped up Gamecube, and Wii U basically carried over the CPU while adding in a newer but still outdated AMD GPU architecture. Tools and developer support are also a factor in ease of development, apparently areas Nintendo struggled with until the Wii U?

If porting games isn't too difficult or costly and people actually buy them, publishers will make things happen. Naturally they want the widest possible audience for their products. Doesn't mean Switch will get every single big third party game, but even with its lower specs it isn't entirely out of the question that it could look more like the Gamecube than the Wii U in terms of support.
Yeah, it should be considerably easier to downport the games to the Switch since it isn't completely different hardware like Wii U.
I can also see being portable being a selling point that will make up the fact that the ports will likely not end up being as good as the PS4 versions as well unlike the Wii U which was just buying the worst versions on a console.
If it sells at least as well as the 3DS I think that's a number 3rd parties can't ignore

nikatapi

Yep that is very reasonable. I mean we saw Wii ports of COD for example, even though the hardware was incredibly outdated. Switch will be much closer to Xbone, so it will be a matter of ease of porting, and also how well 3rd party games are going to perform in the first year or so. Hopefully 3rd parties will also put some effort, and release complete games (not missing modes, dlc and so on) and not some old games which are available on other platforms at a much lower price. I think we can all remember ME3 (which is great and i got it in a very cheap price) on the WiiU releasing full price while EA announced the trilogy for the other consoles. Of course something like that will not sell. Hopefully Switch owners will support good 3rd party games, and a viable market will be created for the publishers to push their games on the system.

leburn98

Yeah, it should be considerably easier to downport the games to the Switch since it isn't completely different hardware like Wii U.
I can also see being portable being a selling point that will make up the fact that the ports will likely not end up being as good as the PS4 versions as well unlike the Wii U which was just buying the worst versions on a console.
If it sells at least as well as the 3DS I think that's a number 3rd parties can't ignore

I agree as well. There is also the possibility that multi-console gamers may re-purchase certain games just for that portability factor. I already know people who buy games like GTA V on PS4 to play with friends and again on PC for mods and graphics/performance, so it's not out of the realm of possibility to believe that many will do the same for portability.

As someone who spends 2 hours of my day traveling to and from work, the Switch has potential to be a godsend for me. I could also see this being a selling point for families/couples that are forced to share their TVs. Sure the Wii U allowed you to play from the Gamepad, but the range was very limited and not all games supported it. The ability to bring the NS with you while you sit outside seems like a cool thing.

I truly feel that many are underestimating the potential of a portable home console. I suppose we will see how it all shakes out soon enough.

Peltz

I'm not sure I would expect a reasonably priced handheld/tablet (one would assume Nintendo is going to target an MSRP in the $200-300 price range) is not going to be able to keep up with modern AAA PC/PS/XB games. My understanding is that the examples of "console/PC" games ported to the Shield/Tegra, like Metal Gear Raiden (a last gen title) and Crysis 3 were not exactly optimal ports. I'm super excited for the Switch and for what it means for Nintendo's dev houses (no more having to deal with substandard hardware like 3DS to get great 1st party Nintendo games, no more having their games split across multiple platforms) but I think people really need to temper their expectations with regards to things like the power and third party support.

Definitely agree. Anyone who thinks this will be a AAA third party machine is setting themselves up for disappointment.

It will have similar 3rd party support that the 3DS got.

Nintendo could steal some serious ground from Sony and Microsoft if this thing is a hit. Sony in particular is locked into PS4 Pro for maybe 3 years and Microsoft is virtually a new generation (IMO) with the Scorpio, albeit a year from now. Both couldn't get motion controls quick enough when Wii took off, so how will they play a similar situation with Switch?

Nintendo could steal some serious ground from Sony and Microsoft if this thing is a hit. Sony in particular is locked into PS4 Pro for maybe 3 years and Microsoft is virtually a new generation (IMO) with the Scorpio, albeit a year from now. Both couldn't get motion controls quick enough when Wii took off, so how will they play a similar situation with Switch?

As long as it hasn't got games like Red Ded Redemption 2 and Destiny, they're not stealing anything. Plus I'm not even sure who this device is for, as excited for it as I am. I don't even think stealing ground from Sony and Microsoft should be Nintendo's priority. They're not in a good position as far as hardware goes so they should be looking to consolidate their current base of buyers and expand it how they can, not look for another short term success like the Wii.

oti

Banned

I really think people should stop thinking like this. Nintendo doesn't think like this, why would anybody else. Switch is Nintendo betting on people asking for something inbetween Mobile and consoles. That's it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

The "playing on the go" feature is not something that would bring third parties on switch, especially now that the handheld business is fading away in the western markets.

This is the reason why I dont get why they are pushing it as a home console with western support

no japanese games
No classic portable series
Wiiu ports

A tragedy software wise

Nobody trust them in being able to support a console with western third party games and many new first party titles

This hybrid would tempt many if able to guarantee An actual merge with the way richer classic nintendo portable console side

Linkhero1

This is the reason why I dont get why they are pushing it as a home console with western support

no japanese games
No classic portable series
Wiiu ports

A tragedy software wise

Nobody trust them in being able to support a console with western third party games and many new first party titles

This hybrid would tempt many if able to guarantee An actual merge with the way richer classic nintendo portable console side
They haven't properly unveiled any games so I'm not sure how you've landed on it being a tragedy software-wise...we'll know for sure come January 12.

spekkeh

Banned
It seems pretty clear to me from the talk about how it will have less than half xbone GFLOPs, standard carts of 12gb, low ram and little internal storage, the third party AAA support will be virtually nonexistent. Much like the Wii, even if Switch does blow up, the Activision and EAs of the world will ignore it because they lose their shiny graphix edge. Obviously the world changed a little bit with standard instead of proprietary engines and the indie scene, so overall it should be a bit better than the Wii, but at best expect souped up handheld games from third parties.

It seems pretty clear to me from the talk about how it will have less than half xbone GFLOPs, standard carts of 12gb, low ram and little internal storage, the third party AAA support will be virtually nonexistent. Much like the Wii, even if Switch does blow up, the Activision and EAs of the world will ignore it because they lose their shiny graphix edge. Obviously the world changed a little bit with standard instead of proprietary engines and the indie scene, so overall it should be a bit better than the Wii, but at best expect souped up handheld games from third parties.
It'll be a Vita 2.0 with better-than-ever Nintendo software support.

Sign me the hell up.

As long as the console and the 3rd party games sell, we will get support. Wii got COD3, COD4, WaW, BO, and MW3.

noshten

I don't think Nintendo is able to do anything in terms of raising the amount of consoles being sold. The main thing they need to focus on is getting a lot of people who own the Wii U to buy the games they are publishing. Support the Wii U until 2016/2017 and than release their Hybrid Console. The main thing I feel is going to be that they continue having backwards compatibility and allow games developed for their handheld to be rendered for their Console. Thus consolidating their efforts as opposed to having to develop games and generate support for two different devices.
I think they need to focus on support games like they have done for Mario Kart 8, one DLC every 6 months for games like Splatoon, Start Fox, Zelda U, SSB would ensure additional revenue. Making DLC like the one for Mario Kart 8 on Splatoon for example would be fantasic - adding modes for the game or new stages/weapons/characters/customization.

How long till they reach saturation on another platform ? Right now to get MK8/SSB/Zelda other flagship titles you need to buy their platform, when you have their platform every additional piece of software you purchase there - they mkae money. They have their Market place - where they can advertise their own titles. Right now they can sell games from previous consoles and handhelds on this market place.

How much would a re-release of a title like Metroid cost on Steam right now or a few years from now? Not very much, because of the over saturation the Steam platform and expectation about pricing from users. Nintendo by being a platform holder can release such games on their new platform at the price they choose.

How long before because of over-saturation they lose control over price even for their main IPs ? Right now MK8 is full price, it will likely be full price by the end of Wii U's life and beyond. On a different platform they need to sell more copies and thus would need to Promote their games much more, best way to promote a game is price cuts.

There is just too many consideration about being in control of a market place for Nintendo to step away right now, in fact creating a unified market place for their next Hybrid Console might be their main focus right now.

Couldn't comment on this previously - so here is my speculation on the NX

The Mobile(handheld) NX Unit would be released in 2016 as well as the new account system DeNa is building with Nintendo.
Majority of handheld games released should be later available on the new console. The console I expect to be released in 2017, likely until than Nintendo might be releasing certain handheld games upscaled on the Wii U. Zelda U might actually be hybrid release - MobileNX/Wii U.
Games that are currently in development for the handheld will be backwards compatible with Wii U until the release of their next console. There would be additional development required and major patch when imported on the NX console(from handheld).
So in essence the big hitters on the NX Handheld/Mobile will also be upscaled for console. There would also be smaller games that are released just for the NX Handheld as wells as Mobile Devices. You would still need to buy Mobile versions separately or link your phone with your new Nintendo Account System App.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=182309465&highlight=hybrid+nintendo#post182309465

Nintendo are pretty easy to predict - when making the right decisions

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
They haven't properly unveiled any games so I'm not sure how you've landed on it being a tragedy software-wise...we'll know for sure come January 12.

Or the preview is significative (and we can desume how they want to target it: core gamers that should be attracted by wiiu ports and old western third party games)

Or the preview isnt indicative and this would show another marketing mismanagement by nintendo after the wiiu one

Sorry but so far the advantages of the hybrid have been only imagined by us

I hope the first year lineup will change my mind

spekkeh

Banned
As long as the console and the 3rd party games sell, we will get support. Wii got COD3, COD4, WaW, BO, and MW3.
Sure they were butchered versions only a few people bought and pretty much the only big third party games that got ported, but it was at least better than the Wii u situation, true.

It seems pretty clear to me from the talk about how it will have less than half xbone GFLOPs, standard carts of 12gb, low ram and little internal storage

There is no "talk" about GFlops, only rumors. Technically Switch could have NES GFlops or PS4Pro GFlops. There is no evidence for one or another at the moment. The same applies to the amount of RAM.

Internal storage is virtually endlessly expandable with SD cards.

The "standard" gaming cards will have 16GB, and the costs for higher capacity gaming cards are negligible.

Obviously Switch has a lot of potential, the casual gaming crowd (CoD, Fifa, Madden & Co.) seems very interested in this thing, the same applies to gamers who were not interested in the WiiU. Switch is very big among gamers in social media.

TheMoon

Sure they were butchered versions only a few people bought and pretty much the only big third party games that got ported, but it was at least better than the Wii u situation, true.

"butchered version" no. they couldn't compete visually but wiped the HD versions ass in terms of controls.

Unless Sony can magically make Vita Remote Play perfect, I don't see there's much they can do. They can't just whip up a significantly smaller and more power-efficient Xbone with a screen and battery attached, and they won't rush out their own hybrid system that replaces their current machines.

nynt9

Dungeon of Zaar, the very first kickstarter for a Nintendo Switch game was financed a few minutes ago.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...r-fast-paced-tactical-multiplayer/description
It's a Tactical-RPG made by French people, planned for PC/Mac and Switch, due to release by mid-2017.

I would be extremely wary of investing in a game promising to come to a platform we know nothing about. We've seen too many kickstarters cancel their support for tertiary platforms (usually vita or wiiu) and that was when those systems were known quantities.

Oregano

Unless Sony can magically make Vita Remote Play perfect, I don't see there's much they can do. They can't just whip up a significantly smaller and more power-efficient Xbone with a screen and battery attached, and they won't rush out their own hybrid system that replaces their current machines.

Microsoft could easily put out a Windows 10 handheld though, especially when you consider the Play Anywhere initiative. Also the Surface line is somewhat similar to Switch.

Microsoft could easily put out a Windows 10 handheld though, especially when you consider the Play Anywhere initiative. Also the Surface line is somewhat similar to Switch.
But unless it's a Win10 machine capable of playing Halo 6 and Forza 10 or whatever, it's not really the same proposition as Switch.

Dalibor68

Banned
To me this thing is already dead in the water. Reasons why:

1) The console will be underpowered, thus ports will always be the weakest performance-wise. Showing a 5yo game at the first presentation(Skyrim) is so bad it's hilarious again. Which will also lead to

2) Third-party support lasting about as long for the WiiU, meaning a very short time. If the leaks are true about it being roughly 3/4 of a X1 performance-wise then there will simply be a technical barrier very soon. And even if they were almost equal, most people still already have a PC/PS4/X1 and play with their friends there, so they are not going to get the inferior version just because. We've seen it with the failed WiiU ports of ME3 and Watch Dogs.

3) Realistically there won't be a GTA or FIFA/CoD (for more than 1-2 years/with full functionality) on the console, thus basically eliminating it already for casuals.

4) The whole "play on the go" thing is nothing but a gimmick and a hilariously bad one at that, incase the rumors of 3h battery life are true. Nobody meets up at a basketball court just to then play virtual basketball instead. And nobody (as in not anywhere near enough people for it to be relevant) are going to play a hardcore game on a 30min bus ride.

5) Price is probably 300-350€ while at the same time you will probably be able to get a nice PS4slim bundle for 250-300€ already.

I believe the only people buying this console will be the same people who bought the WiiU + some handheld outliers. Meaning it will be the usual "play-nintendo-firstparty-games-and-nothing-else"-machine.

To me this thing is already dead in the water. Reasons why:

1) The console will be underpowered, thus ports will always be the weakest performance-wise. Showing a 5yo game at the first presentation(Skyrim) is so bad it's hilarious again. Which will also lead to

Perspective is everything.
The ports will be the most amazing handheld ports of games that cannot be played elsewhere on a handheld.
PS4 and XBO are weak performance-wise compared to a PC.
Switch is not weak and will not be weak. It uses the most cutting edge mobile tech there is.

2) Third-party support lasting about as long for the WiiU, meaning a very short time. If the leaks are true about it being roughly 3/4 of a X1 performance-wise then there will simply be a technical barrier very soon. And even if they were almost equal, most people still already have a PC/PS4/X1 and play with their friends there, so they are not going to get the inferior version just because. We've seen it with the failed WiiU ports of ME3 and Watch Dogs.

Being able to play with your friends locally and online, maybe at the same time, is something PS4 and XBO cannot boast. Trying to tell the future based on the past is a fools errand. There is no trend. Each console release is a clean slate and has no impact on the past/future. Wii success was unpredictable. Wii U failure was equally so. The truth is we cannot know until we know.

3) Realistically there won't be a GTA or FIFA/CoD (for more than 1-2 years/with full functionality) on the console, thus basically eliminating it already for casuals.

If so, it won't be due to technical limitations. GTA V is a last-gen game and could easily run on the Switch. GTA VI isn't coming for a long time. The "casuals" you list are only a subset of casuals. There is Madden, and Nintendo has their own fair bit of casuals who don't play PS4 or XBO.

4) The whole "play on the go" thing is nothing but a gimmick and a hilariously bad one at that, incase the rumors of 3h battery life are true. Nobody meets up at a basketball court just to then play virtual basketball instead. And nobody (as in not anywhere near enough people for it to be relevant) are going to play a hardcore game on a 30min bus ride.

Breath of the Wild is a hardcore game. A lot of people, more than enough to be relevant will be playing it on the go. Portability is not a gimmick. It is a very desirable feature for games. Don't believe me. Look at mobile. Mobile cannot boast Skyrim-like games, but Switch can, making it completely unique in the marketplace. Learn the difference between a "gimmick" and a feature.

5) Price is probably 300-350€ while at the same time you will probably be able to get a nice PS4slim bundle for 250-300€ already.

Can I play a PS4 slim on the go? No, I didn't think so. Can I play Nintendo games on it? No, I didn't think so. What good is a PS4 slim without these key features in my life?

I believe the only people buying this console will be the same people who bought the WiiU + some handheld outliers. Meaning it will be the usual "play-nintendo-firstparty-games-and-nothing-else"-machine.

"handheld outliers"? You mean like the 60+ million 3DS systems sold? Those "handheld outliers"?

In all honesty, I plan on playing exclusively on the Switch. I hope the Playstation Japanese devs like NIS, Atlus, etc. bring their games to Switch because I will buy them up. If Switch gets a port from the other consoles, the Switch version will be my main and preferred version (if I get them on the other consoles at all).

The Nintendo Switch is my future main console. As a parent and someone with a busy schedule, it is the perfect machine to lay in bed or anywhere in my home or during my lunch break at work.

ozfunghi

Where do you get this info? If the info of the GPU being on 16nm then it would be 750GF, which is more than half of the XBO. It is also not taking into account fp16, which can provide an additional +/-30% boost.

Standard cards are 16GB, not 12, and standard just means standard. Not the only option, not the maximum size... Actually we have an insider and an actual dev stating the hardware will not be the reason if 3rd party games/ports do not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom