• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben & Jerry introduces new Core Ice Cream Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

elrsMH7.png

https://twitter.com/benandjerrys/status/438071249105719296/photo/1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/25/ben-jerrys-core-ice-cream_n_4854680.html

HuffPost said:
The new ice creams feature a column running down the middle of the pint that is a core center of fudge, caramel or raspberry jam. It's genius.

tPbtlkc.jpg
uR8B94r.jpg

Hazed and Confused (L) and That's My Jam (R)

HuffPost said:
Hazed and Confused is chocolate and hazelnut ice cream with fudge chips and a hazelnut fudge core that tastes like thick, creamy Nutella. If you're a Nutella fan, run, don't walk.

That's My Jam may give Hazed and Confused a run for its money, however. It's chocolate and raspberry ice cream on either side of a raspberry core that actually has seeds in it and tastes like the jam you wish you had spread on your toast this morning. It's crazy good.

rniwkKT.jpg
G9MO71y.jpg

Peanut Butter Fudge (L) and Salted Caramel (R)

HuffPost said:
On the other hand, if you're a peanut butter fan, Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is pretty good too. Chocolate and peanut butter ice cream with mini peanut butter cups and a peanut butter fudge core that has the exact consistency as peanut butter? You're going to want to try this one too. The fudgy center may stick to the roof of your mouth the same way peanut butter does, but you have the ice cream there to wash it off.

And the (obligatory?) Salted Caramel flavor is sweet cream ice cream with blonde brownies and a salted caramel core.

God. Damn. You, Ben & Jerry. I'm on my low-carb diet atm. But those Peanut Butter and Salted Caramel Core are so mine.

I really want some Imagine Whirled Peace now.

EDIT:

Hazed and Confused is chocolate and hazelnut ice cream with fudge chips and a hazelnut fudge core that tastes like thick, creamy Nutella. If you're a Nutella fan, run, don't walk.

Holy shit. When is this out? Now?

I hate B&J, but they always have great, marketable ideas. I still think their oatmeal cookie ice cream was great in shop though. Damn that was good stuff.

Love Ben and Jerry's. They just came out with some new flavors too

the good stuff said:

I've tried them all except cotton candy. I haven't been brave enough for that one yet. Scotchy tastes just like butterscotch candies, so if you like those it's a must have. Wasn't that impressed with Mississippi Mud Pie. Just seems like another take on their chocolate brownie ice cream to me.

Hazed and Confused sounds amazing. I need this.

Peanut Butter Fudge is tempting, but it honestly doesn't sound any better than Chubby Hubby, which is my longtime favorite.

Darren870

They have had this in Europe for a while now. In some places over a year.

Don't understand why it is just getting to the US now. Guess because thats what happens when you sell the company to someone overseas :p

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I almost cried tears of joy when I finally found Cinnamon Buns in stock at a store near me a couple weeks ago. Still the king.

I almost cried tears of joy when I finally found Cinnamon Buns in stock at a store near me a couple weeks ago. Still the king.

Is this one really that good? I always see it in the store, but I never have the balls to buy it once I see the sugar content:p

clav

If someone made Ben & Jerry's mixtures with haagen daz quality ingredients, then I would buy them.

B&J ice cream uses some really cheap low grade stuff. In fact, for any ice cream that has more toppings in it, the manufacturers cut a lot of corners to keep the price the same.

The ice cream basically becomes candy with extra sugar.

Crayolan

That's my Jam looks like a miniature birthday cake. I want it.

I've tried them all except cotton candy. I haven't been brave enough for that one yet.

Never had Ben & Jerry's Cotton Candy specifically, but in my experience with Cotton Candy Ice Cream, it's amazing. And this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of cotton candy.

I consider myself a core ice creamer so I'm all over these.

Anything peanut butter or caramel I'm all over, so I'm way into those second two. Salted caramel - even better.

Chubby Hubby is my fav so far. Also love the Late Night Snack (the one with chocolate covered potato chips).

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Is this one really that good? I always see it in the store, but I never have the balls to buy it once I see the sugar content:p
Ohhhh yes. It's incredibly, incredibly good. But it's definitely a sometimes food.

Thankfully the only place that stocks it near me now is Wal-Mart where I hate shopping. They used to have it at the grocery store half a block from my house. It was bad news.

Parfait

5B9t6Od.gif

This is the wrong time of night/year to have clicked on this thread holy shit i need a few of these immediately.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What the hell. It always bugged me on the rare occasion I would eat a sundae and get past all the good stuff on the top, leaving the bottom completely vanilla. A cone going down so there's always a mix is simple but really smart.

Might get the raspberry one when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom