• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben & Jerry's new Pint Slices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuukan

slices-header-logo.desktop.png

Introducing NEW Ben & Jerry’s Pint Slices!
Get ready for a totally new (and totally amazing) way to enjoy your favorite Ben & Jerry’s flavors! Introducing Ben & Jerry’s Pint Slices, thick slices of four of your favorite flavors, smothered in a dark chocolatey coating.

basically klondike bars but with better ice cream

At launch, Pint Slices are available in four flavors: Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Vanilla Peanut Butter Cup, and Americone Dream.

source via brandeating

Redders

Chocolate Fudge Brownie for me!

Wonder how long they will take to showin the UK? Although I am in the US in June so will need to find some when I'm there.

DeBurgo

they used to have really good brownie bars way back in the day -- ice cream sandwiches made of nut-brownie. I want them to bring those back.

Vengrim

I tried them. They're good but didn't seem like the same quality ice cream as their normal stuff and consequently not worth the $4.40 I paid for 3 of them (that adds up to less than a 3/4 of a pint of the regular stuff.)

They just want you to buy chocolate fudge brownie and cookie dough and stuff them both in your mouth at the same time

Hmmmmmm

The chocolate fudge brownie pints use better brownies than half baked, but I like the chocolate chip cookie dough in half baked way more than the basic cookie dough pints.

Might have to try it anyway and get really fucking fat. Worth it though.

YOOOOOOO! Sounds delicious; they aren't actually a pint of ice cream right? Because dear god, my waistline...

Nah, I think they get their name because there was a 'foodhack' trend where people would buy a pint of ice cream, and then slice it into circular slices while it was still in the cardboard. Then they'd just unwrap the cardboard and drop the perfect ice cream slice between two fresh cookies and BAM... Ice Cream Sammich.

Derwind

That's a really awesome idea involving really lame flavors.

I don't know, I've always been partial to the Vanilla peanut butter cup, so I'm satisfied at least.

Edit; Oh man they're huge if it's actually the size of a pint of ice cream. Might need to knife and fork it...

The box art showing Colbert holding one of them tells me it's not small... unless I'm being mislead by advertisers.

Redders

Nah, I think they get their name because there was a 'foodhack' trend where people would buy a pint of ice cream, and then slice it into circular slices while it was still in the cardboard. Then they'd just unwrap the cardboard and drop the perfect ice cream slice between two fresh cookies and BAM... Ice Cream Sammich.

On the Ben & Jerry's website there is an advert where it has a tub being cut into the 3 with the middle slice having the cardboard peeled off afterwards so I would say that's correct.

Link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yesEeDYGMY

Edit. Just noticed the page was posted as the first source link.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I can't wait to stare at these lustfully in the supermarket this summer before forcing myself to have self control and walk away.

Ahhh, so it you who make up the consumer base for the worst B&J flavor that encroaches the freezer space in my local super market. Good to know where we stand!

Hey guess what

Go fuck yourself :)

Also most supermarkets and targets near me are almost always out of half baked when I go so I'm pretty sure you're in the minority there.

nilbog21

Banned
im gona die before they release mini cups of phish food. RIP

they need to discontinue americone dream since colbert abandoned us

Chris R

I don't know, I've always been partial to the Vanilla peanut butter cup, so I'm satisfied at least.

Edit; Oh man they're huge if it's actually the size of a pint of ice cream. Might need to knife and fork it...

The box art showing Colbert holding one of them tells me it's not small... unless I'm being mislead by advertisers.

I'd guess they aren't the size of a pint, but rather 1/4 a pint, the typical serving size of B&J Ice Cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom