• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie Sanders endorses Hillary Clinton for president

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc_

I understand the state of the Supreme Court would be fucked, I just can't vote for Hillary. I'd rather aim for the possibility of a revolution to change things rather than keep the slow bleeding.

Listen, I'm all for the LGBT community. I have always supported them. And I'm not Pro Trump, even if Amit-Hillary points me in that direction. I'm more political revolution. Shock and disgust for who we have in office. Hillary just hides her ugliness better.

Hell, not too long ago Hillary opposed gay rights. Then flippity flip.

I just wanna say that after the past week with BLM, the idea that this country could stomach a revolution is absolutely hysterical to me.

It really sucks that Hillary will be president.

In eight years she'll have instigated atleast one needless war and the income gap between the wealthy and the middle class will grow tremendously.

We made the wrong choice.

She's less bad than the Trump, but make no mistake, she'll be terrible.

CnMeF3VVIAAZmbo.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I thought since the old man has finally decided to put his support towards Clinton you sane people would unite and be friends now in order to face the real challenge, the Trump monstrosity.

And yet it seems like many are you are still slinging muds towards each other. Makes me think what is really that you're supporting, the candidate/what they actually represent or your own sense of perceived moral superiority over another.

Saaaad.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Like it or not they are the biggest online news show.

Have you heard of democracy spring or Wolfpac? Their influence far beyond news..

If you or the establishment are not paying attention it's at their peril.

It's not like tyt is anything particularly special. They are just filling a void.

Most of the people I know who check in on TYT do so to laugh at people like Jimmy.

boiled goose

good with gravy
I'm in the camp that we will see only minimal if any progress with Clinton.. but Trump will send us back decades..
L
Dude said "what's wrong with internment camps and torture?"

Most of the people I know who check in on TYT do so to laugh at people like Jimmy.

Your anecdotes are relevant how?

Ms.Galaxy

I'm in the camp that we will see only minimal if any progress with Clinton.. but Trump will send us back decades..

Same. I believe the house will be locked red until 2020. There's no way Clinton will get a lot of real progress done as Republicans sit there obstructing everything. That said, liberal majority supreme court will ensure their bullshit is prevent for decades to come.

I don't blame him. That's a long list of insults to fling somebody just because they aren't a Hillary supporter.

Reading comprehension is clearly one of your flaws.

My entire long post wasn't about not voting Hillary. It was about voting trump.

Why would I respond to that? You obviously have your mind made up about me already, so no reason to waste finger strokes trying to change it.

I obviously haven't contributed anything good to the thread, so I'll go now. Deal?

I know my words can be harsh, but you seem to be missing my point.

If you say "I'm not going to vote for Hillary, because...." I might disagree with your choice but I can at least understand where you are coming from.

But when you say "I'm not going to vote for Hillary; in fact I'm going to vote for Trump" you lose all moral ground for the reasons I stated.

Now you still have time to redeem yourself, and frankly all you need to do to November to be a decent human being is to NOT VOTE TRUMP. If you can't stomach Hillary, fine. But actually voting for Trump makes you a bad person because that means that you are voting for a man that has done/said that long list I gave you.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Prediction time!
Will President Hillary reverse once more on TPP and sign a TPP law during her presidency?

I predict.. Yes!

Under the guise of compromise with Republicans of course.

SpacLock

Reading comprehension is clearly one of your flaws.

My entire long post wasn't about not voting Hillary. It was about voting trump.

You're just insulting everyone today, huh?

You ever think about taking a different approach in response to something you disagree with?

itschris

Prediction time!
Will President Hillary reverse once more on TPP and sign a TPP law during her presidency?

I predict.. Yes!

Alternative prediction: Congress will pass it and Obama will sign it during the lame duck session, after the election but before Hillary takes office.

Ms.Galaxy

Prediction time!

I predict.. Yes!

I'm gonna say no, because it will lose her chance to win 2020. Not a wise move honestly, plus the Democratic base know how foolish it is to even bother compromising with Republicans after the amount of obstruction they did with Obama.

Alternative prediction: Congress will pass it and Obama will sign it during the lame duck session, after the election but before Hillary takes office.

Alternatively, yeah, I could see this happening too.

You ever think about taking a different approach in response to something you disagree with?

If that's an insult, then what I've gotten over the years is physical assault.

pigeon

Banned
Prediction time!

I predict.. Yes!

Obama's going to pass it during the lame duck with GOP votes and a few Democratic votes.

I don't see any positive progression with either Hillary or Trump. To top it off, theyre both dishonest pieces of shit, in my opinion. At least with Trump I believe there will be a possibility of chaos that might change the election process in a positive way before the next cycle. Maybe by then we can get some real candidates in the running. But who knows.

Chaos? Seriously?

pigeon

Banned

In eight years she'll have instigated atleast one needless war and the income gap between the wealthy and the middle class will grow tremendously.

I will avatar bet you that this doesn't happen, but you have to still be reading GAF in eight years for it to be relevant I guess.

First off, reread my post, because I edited it to address another post of yours.

Second, telling someone that they have reading comprehension issues isn't a major insult. I didn't call him retarded. I didn't even call him illiterate.

Edit:

Third, I have actually thought about how to respond to people I disagree with lately. In fact it's entirely the reason I have started posting a lot more than I used to.

I don't see any positive progression with either Hillary or Trump. To top it off, theyre both dishonest pieces of shit, in my opinion. At least with Trump I believe there will be a possibility of chaos that might change the election process in a positive way before the next cycle. Maybe by then we can get some real candidates in the running. But who knows.

This seriously sickens me. You throw around words like revolution and chaos like its nothing. What a privileged life you must live.

Xe4

Banned

No, she won't have. She's not Bush, she has no reason to and never indicated she would. A situation like Lybia does not count.

I understand the state of the Supreme Court would be fucked, I just can't vote for Hillary. I'd rather aim for the possibility of a revolution to change things rather than keep the slow bleeding.

Listen, I'm all for the LGBT community. I have always supported them. And I'm not Pro Trump, even if Amit-Hillary points me in that direction. I'm more political revolution. Shock and disgust for who we have in office. Hillary just hides her ugliness better.

Look if you're really for the LGBT community, then you won't vote for Trump. Did you not see the thread where the GOP is debating their platform? Total Anti LGBT.

Look if you're really for the LGBT community, then you won't vote for Trump. Did you not see the thread where the GOP is debating their platform? Total Anti LGBT.

Exactly. I know there are posters that are trying to convince him to vote Hillary, but the most important thing is simply whether or not he votes for Trump.

If he wants to vote for Gary Johnson or Jill Stein because he can't stand Hillary so much, then whatever. But there is no good argument for voting Trump.

Neoweee

Iran sanctions have been one of the most important diplomatic successes in modern history, and has taken the issue of Iran essentially off the table for the this election, compared to the "Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran" chants of 2008. She's not some insane war-monger.

hawk2025

Prediction time!

I predict.. Yes!

I hope so.

Listening to populist backlash against something people barely understand would be terrible and has been the low mark of her campaign so far.

People calling for revolution and shit make me think of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF7e2rgzsrU

This is more of my jam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLGzRXY5Bw

If you want the "every opinion is precious and equal with no actual debate" approach after posting drivel, this isn't the board to do it. People aren't just disagreeing with you -- they are dismantling your broken logic.

Ms.Galaxy

But I want more of the like... dance dance sort of revolution.

Ha ha, funny. I'm going to get my rights revoked, possibly get killed, while my boyfriend is going to be profiled as a possible "radical islamist" and possibly deported back to Mexico because he's the child of an illegal immigrant if we had your way.

Meanwhile, what you want is never gonna happen and what's likely going to happen is that young white liberals are going to tweet on their faceagrams about how bad it all is and miss voting midterms... again...

Minorities are going to have to step their game, but, well, we're going to be targeted and get killed because we're going to be seen as terrorists even if we're peaceful. Plus there's gonna be a lot of fringe bigots whose gonna kill us off because they feel vindicated.

Ha... funny...

pigeon

Banned

I mean, this isn't the Wii U we're talking about here. If your position is disgusting and immoral, you should probably expect some pretty strident responses.

Human Rights Campaign scorecard for Hillary Clinton

2001-2003 100%
2003-2005 88%
2005-2007 89%
2007-2009 95%

lol?

She's always been on the left of LGBT issues. The left shifted and then she did too. Sanders did the same thing, lobbying Vermont legislators not to pass gay marriage in 06 only to come around and endorse it in 09 once they had the votes.

SpacLock

If you want the "every opinion is precious and equal with no actual debate" approach after posting drivel, this isn't the board to do it. People aren't just disagreeing with you -- they are dismantling your broken logic.

That was incredibly rude.

Ms.Galaxy

That was incredibly rude.

You call that rude?

You know, maybe you should vote for Trump, you're just as thin skinned as he is.

Jokes aside though, you need a better counter than that. What he said isn't rude, but the reality of the situation. Your logic doesn't match reality that well.

Azzanadra

No, she won't have. She's not Bush, she has no reason to and never indicated she would. A situation like Lybia does not count.

Just to play devil's advocate, what if your Palestinian? Sanders and (ironically) Trump have had the most progressive stances on the issue barring third parties, but your kind of stuck in a rock and a hard place with this one. Genuine question, how to Hillary supporters justify this? Bibi is what Trump wishes he could be, yet he will surely have Clinton's full support in whatever he feels like doing.

I thought since the old man has finally decided to put his support towards Clinton you sane people would unite and be friends now in order to face the real challenge, the Trump monstrosity.

And yet it seems like many are you are still slinging muds towards each other. Makes me think what is really that you're supporting, the candidate/what they actually represent or your own sense of perceived moral superiority over another.

Saaaad.

Liberals are their own worse enemy.

Just to play devil's advocate, what if your Palestinian? Sanders and (ironically) Trump have had the most progressive stances on the issue barring third parties, but your kind of stuck in a rock and a hard place with this one. Genuine question, how to Hillary supporters justify this? Bibi is what Trump wishes he could be, yet he will surely have Clinton's full support in whatever he feels like doing.

As a Hillary supporter, my way of justifying it is that unfortunately there is no way for a platform that calls Isreal to task to actually win in the US right now.

Even the Iran Deal only went through because there weren't enough Democrats willing to vote against it to override a presidential veto. But there still were a lot of democrats that voted to undermine the president just because the Iran Deal was not favored by Isreal.

Not too long ago, California opposed gay rights.

Using historical positions on gay marriage as a litmus test for who is and isn't "truly" in support of gay rights is a really weird curiosity that mostly comes from the same confusion that believes the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage means all other issues are fixed.

The gay community itself had a lot of internal strife over where in terms of priority gay marriage should be. If you struck off all gay rights activists who were against gay marriage early on, you'd truncate the list considerably.

SpacLock

I wish you'd actually try and argue your point, rather than saying people are being mean to you, and ignoring everything they say.

Hey, I stopped in to share my feelings towards the endorsement, people asked a few questions that I answered, and then I seen where things were heading. Am I going to change your opinion and who you vote for? Do you want me to argue my points so you can try to change my mind?

It's not going to happen. I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine. Sorry about that.

pigeon

Banned
Using historical positions on gay marriage as a litmus test for who is and isn't "truly" in support of gay rights is a really weird curiosity that mostly comes from the same confusion that believes the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage means all other issues are fixed.

The gay community itself had a lot of internal strife over where in terms of priority gay marriage should be. If you struck off all gay rights activists who were against gay marriage early on, you'd truncate the list considerably.

I'm comfortable with the argument that Andy Sullivan is the only liberal, except that he sucks so bad on race.

Branduil

You do realize that a revolution would involve a huge number of a people dying, with no more guarantee of actual progress than incremental change, right?

pigeon

Banned
Hey, I stopped in to share my feelings towards the endorsement, people asked a few questions that I answered, and then I seen where things were heading. Am I going to change your opinion and who you vote for? Do you want me to argue my points so you can try to change my mind?

It's not going to happen. I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine. Sorry about that.

So, I mean, what were you hoping to get exactly from your posts? Hugs?

Aceun

Perhaps my friend it's not about changing your mind, but rather understanding it.

That would actually lead to a real dialogue that we can all benefit from, which is unlikely because you have already taken the defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom