• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT, GUTS IS THE GOAT - Berserk #363 22/01/2021

Chittagong

Gold Member
So I am pretty early, but did I get this right, the protagonist is so angry and violent because

His father figure Gambino sold him to a brute who forcibly fucked him in the ass as a kid

Mista

Banned
Five days left!

berserk GIF

Paltheos

What's the quality been like for the Mori chapters, btw? In good hands?

On par with modern Berserk imo. I haven't been enraptured by the story for years (decades is probably more accurate for Berserk), but I don't think I've seen anything noticeably worse. The artwork is still fantastic, can't say I notice a difference in the panel layout.

I've seen some people say it's worse but I couldn't tell you whether that's blind pessimism or there's a legitimate grievance behind it.

so, looks like someone is trying to give a 2D Berserk anime another go. nothing solid or anything, but interesting project to keep an eye on I suppose.

Cool. So this will resume where the horrendous adaptation stopped?
What's the quality been like for the Mori chapters, btw? In good hands?
The art quality is undeniably great, I would say 95% on par with Miura, the panel composition has some weird choices but overall very solid, as for the story I feel it's still too early to judge it, maybe in a dozen chapters or so there will be a clearer picture of the quality of writing.

GermanZepp

Hello folks. Last winter I watched Evangelion and Berserk 97 anime for the first time. Both I really really liked. So I'm currently at number 8 of 14 in the Evangelion Deluxe manga and I got a good deal for all the Berserk collection. I'm eager to begin and to discover all the other story arcs. I'm avoiding absolutely everything to not spoil myself. Need to get the 40th volume. Looking forward to catch all the influence to Dark Souls.

5BezLa2.jpg

Paltheos

Hello folks. Last winter I watched Evangelion and Berserk 97 anime for the first time. Both I really really liked. So I'm currently at number 8 of 14 in the Evangelion Deluxe manga and I got a good deal for all the Berserk collection. I'm eager to begin and to discover all the other story arcs. I'm avoiding absolutely everything to not spoil myself. Need to get the 40th volume. Looking forward to catch all the influence to Dark Souls.

There is one moment, one image, seared into my brain that has me thinking 'that's the most Dark Souls thing I've ever seen'. And I read Berserk first; it's a connection I formed after playing Dark Souls. I hope you enjoy it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Got all but the final book which is due to drop soon I guess. They are going with me to French Polynesia. My plan is that we have Guesthouse A (Akira) and Guesthouse B (Berserk). I wonder what we will call rooms C and D.

jXz3ymP.jpg

Top Bottom