• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT, GUTS IS THE GOAT - Berserk #363 22/01/2021

TheTurboFD

I think I've officially accepted the fact that I will die before Miura finishes Berserk at this point. I'll never understand making another manga series before finishing the one you started already.

TheTurboFD

So I just read it. Now the wait continues ;-;

Hopefully august LOL

giphy.gif

Last edited:

sunnysideup

Banned
Fuck anime. Anime is almost always crap. More often than not its like a incomprehensible trailer for the manga with horrible japanese overacting, and these days ugly as shit computer generated animation.

Manga/comics are soooo much better.

Elcid

Banned
I got to volume 8 but stopped reading cause I want a damn ending. I don’t want to catchup and wait 8 years for a sequel.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Does anyone here have one of those huge sideshow Berserk statues? I saw one dude on facebook who had one and it looked fucking epic. I just wish I had over a grand to blow on a statue lol.

Nixonomics

Despite not being an anime fan I was talked into watching the '97 anime with some fanatical friends last week and goddamn was it cool. Those final few episodes in particular really sealed the deal. Absolutely loved it. We discussed watching the movies next and possibly the newest show if we still have the itch - but the general opinion was the newest series wasn't nearly as good (or at least the artwork wasn't). Is that a common stance? Debating picking up some of the manga to get more of the "dark swordsmen" arc but I'm still on the fence.

Despite not being an anime fan I was talked into watching the '97 anime with some fanatical friends last week and goddamn was it cool. Those final few episodes in particular really sealed the deal. Absolutely loved it. We discussed watching the movies next and possibly the newest show if we still have the itch - but the general opinion was the newest series wasn't nearly as good (or at least the artwork wasn't). Is that a common stance? Debating picking up some of the manga to get more of the "dark swordsmen" arc but I'm still on the fence.
The new anime isn't worth watching imo, the direction, animation are terrible. It's a shame because the voice acting is very enjoyable. You can watch the movies, which just recap the old anime, and move on to the manga.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Yoooo this chapter was lit, have a feeling the next one will go into a lot of lore revolving the Skull Knight

its literally confirmed that King Gaiseric is the Skull Knight And confirms soooo much more
King Gaiseric and the god hand member Void were either friends or acquaintances
My opinion is King G found out that Void was having an affair with the kings wife (the woman king was holding in the berserk armour in the flashback) and improsoned him and had him tortured endlessly (this voids sewn shut eyes etc)
Void eventually somehow got an eclipse to happen and sacrificed his lover aka King G's wife to become part of the Godhand
Pissed off King G fought tirelessly and endlessly trying to kill and or hunt Void that he perished in the berserker armour only to somehow have the elves revive him in his new armour to somehow fix and repent his previous sins

Last edited:

thefool

That was a legendary chapter.

Just read the manga. You've already watched the best anime adaptation of berserk. The rest is mostly garbage.

Last edited:

Helios

Last chapter was amazing.
Yoooo this chapter was lit, have a feeling the next one will go into a lot of lore revolving the Skull Knight

its literally confirmed that King Gaiseric is the Skull Knight And confirms soooo much more
King Gaiseric and the god hand member Void were either friends or acquaintances
My opinion is King G found out that Void was having an affair with the kings wife (the woman king was holding in the berserk armour in the flashback) and improsoned him and had him tortured endlessly (this voids sewn shut eyes etc)
Void eventually somehow got an eclipse to happen and sacrificed his lover aka King G's wife to become part of the Godhand
Pissed off King G fought tirelessly and endlessly trying to kill and or hunt Void that he perished in the berserker armour only to somehow have the elves revive him in his new armour to somehow fix and repent his previous sins
The wife looks a bit like Slan.

thefool

Episode 2 of the fanmade motion comic has been released!
Haven't seen it yet, but the first episode was a gem.

Last edited:

Herr Edgy

The new anime isn't worth watching imo, the direction, animation are terrible. It's a shame because the voice acting is very enjoyable. You can watch the movies, which just recap the old anime, and move on to the manga.
In addition it gave us Hai Yo, so it was worth it already

Top Bottom