• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best and worst alternative superhero costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Superheroes often switch costumes, due to utility, major story events, or just keeping up with the latest fashions. Let's talk about ALTERNATE costumes that they only wore for a short time.

Let's get the obvious one out of the way: SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN

Symbiote_Spidey.jpg

Everyone loves this thing. With all the grimdark reboots in the 90s, Spidey's costume change is strikingly different from his original color scheme, yet still minimalistic enough to be appreciated today. Fun fact, the symbiote suit was originally supposed to be red and black. I don't think that would have looked nearly as cool.

House of M Spidey was also pretty cool. I like how the red blends in on the front and back.
spider-man-2012-20110113035236714.jpg

For worst, maybe anything Kyle Rayner wore. I don't keep up with GL so I don't know which ones were considered alternative, but I didn't like any of them.

Also Zebra Batman. Yes, this is a real thing.
Zebra%20Batman.jpg

Wolfe

Of course the OP has the black Spider-Man outfit :p (Edit: like the dude above said black spidey was the 80's bro!)

Brown Wolverine is also one of the best for sure, always liked it better than that tacky (although classic) blue and yellow.

Lol at that shitty ass looking zebra Batman too, holy shit haha.

Wolfe

I always liked the Ben Reilly outfit take on the costume, also Spider-Man 2099 is pretty cool, always liked the way they did the web kinda half cape deal.

Sojgat

One of my favourites is the Eric Masterson Thor costume.

f26d8cb6.jpg

The differences are subtle, but I think it's cool. Infinitely better than

33502-5055-37411-1-thunderstrike.jpg

Savitar

Green Lantern Kyle Rayner:

Green_Lantern_(Kyle_Rayner)_013.jpg

Big change from the old costumes and quite original. I wish they had stuck with it. Had a distinct look and that Invincibles movie with their costumes always reminded me of it.

Hal Jordan as Parallax:
3606036-4531774801-paral.jpg

It was a damn good costume and before the whole stupid fear bug thing they later did. A hero gone bad in the DC universe could have had so much to it but of course it didn't take long for them to blow it after a few years. He could have been DC's Magneto.

Aja's modern take on the Immortal Iron Fist:

immortal-iron-fist.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, didn't really read the OP. This isn't an "alternate" as such, although they did seem to go back to the original (for unknown reasons) after the Immortal Iron Fist run was finished.

Always loved this alternate.

http://postimage.org/

This one is almost a co-primary to me. It was his costume during the relaunch, it was his costume for the cartoon, and it was his costume in the first action figure of him (at least the first that I can recall). Sure, it came second, so I guess it's still an alternate, but it's more associated with the character than practically any other alternate superhero costume.

stn

Batman - Injustice
Deathstroke - Arkham Origins
Iron-Man - '90's armor (don't know what it was called)

Slayven

Spiderman makes everythng look good. Except Spiderman 2211, they should strip his franchise from him. Dude fucks up the name

Drakeon

Captain America's Steve Rogers: Super Soldier uniform

steve_rogers.jpg

Have-they-finally-landed-on-the-right-costume-for-Cap.jpg

Having went back to watch the Avengers recently, this costume is SO MUCH better than his one in Avengers. They cannot go back to his Avengers uniform in Avengers 2, it has to be this one. Never have I seen such an amazing turnaround on costume from one movie to the next.

Seriously, Cap 2 was fan-fucking-tastic on pretty much all levels.

Hagi

Avengers Cap is an affront to decency, Coulson deserved a knife through the heart and a trip to Tahiti for that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom