• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best and worst alternative superhero costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalBalboa

Banned
Kingdom Come, Red Son, and Godfall Superman are all aces.

Superman_Godfall_TP.jpg

Justice_Society_of_America_v3_10_art.jpg

1204635-redson.jpg

Trying to go by the OP definition of alternate, in that they were only around for a relative short period of time. Something like the brown Wolverine costume...he wore that for the entire decade of the 80s, so I can't with that.

However, that does allow me to choose his X-Force outfit, which is basically the brown one but in BLACK and RED EYES cuz extreme assassination squad.

3411322-6414073017-33654.jpg

Hagi

I've always thought that the proposed and subsequently near universally hated Wonder Woman costume was a vast improvement.

I always liked this, such a shame. They should give it to Cass seeing how fucking terrible her Nu52 costume is.

Cptkrush

I've always preferred Ultimate Nick Fury's Sam Jackson look over the original Fury. Could just have to do with how much I enjoy Jackson's work though

G-Fex

Fighting crime in a sleeves less sweatshirt? Pft

He had a plain spider-man body suit but he decided he needed something else so he bought a spider-man merchandised sweater and ripped off the sleeves and put it on.

I'm not making this up.

Ultima_5

He had a plain spider-man body suit but he decided he needed something else so he bought a spider-man merchandised sweater and ripped off the sleeves and put it on.

I'm not making this up.

Why aren't you gfex anymore. I get banned for 2 months and everything's different

Ultima_5

YES!!! I saw a guy at Comic-con dressed like him and most people were like "what is up with this loser?" I went up to him and said "Spidey you are the greatest, can I take your photo?" Dude was so happy someone got it.

6fD7hHCl.jpg

How did people at comic con not recognize this?

shaowebb

Iron Fist's New Avengers look after recovering the Eye of Agamoto was nice.
also Fear Itself Iron Fist was pretty fun.

1J0Dq6M.png

Also on a fun note the last time I saw The Sentry he had been resurrected as one of the Four Horseman. Looked badass too.

dKM8hJC.jpg

Still prefer the original though...I love the concept of The Sentry. It had some rough execution, but superman level power (or more arguably) and its inside the shell of a Shizophrenic suffering from paranoia, manic depression, and split personality disorder as the result of fallout after sever psychic tampering that was done to put him out of commission. Great conflict in this guy.

jnC9RaX.jpg

I've always thought that the proposed and subsequently near universally hated Wonder Woman costume was a vast improvement.

plz, it hurts to be reminded. That outfit is so much better than her traditional wear that it's offensive people were upset. It could use more Amazonian elements, but even without them it's about a billion times better.

Philippo

Not really "alternative" costumes but whatever: Yellow Daredevil by Tim Sale and Alan Scott from Kingdom Come by Alex Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom