• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best box art of 2009?

B.K.

51rjJvWL9vL.jpg

bengraven

The Void has a fantastic cover...now I suddenly regret not buying it during the deal the other day.

Noogy said:
I'm still surprised at the amount of love the Borderlands cover receives. Really, people?

It's brilliant.

Nothing has really hit me this year but demons souls is nice.

By far my favourite this gen has been this:

51VYKln7a-L._SS400_.jpg

Would have been perfect if it had no logo's or anything on it other than Bioshock, I just think its awesome, hope Bioshock 2 is similar

Threi

notag
maybe it's me but I don't know if "random photoshopped group of people staring in different directions but not at the front" constitutes as good.

Threi said:
maybe it's me but I don't know if "random photoshopped group of people staring in different directions but not at the front" constitutes as good.
You'll have to be more specific, that refers to most video game and movie covers.

Graf Nudu said:
re5.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2hgqstv.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.online-reisefuehrer.com/basebilder/landkarte-afrika.jpg[/IMG]

Especially the teeth where the north-eastern part of South Africa is and the missing of Somalia, to make it look more like a skull.

reaching

Lucc

the neogaf blazblue europe box art winner

6enlu8.jpg

epic if we get that cover..

besids i really liked the introduction of the japanese end of eternity box art
156_ja_ps3.jpg

and heavy rain:
2vcjql1.jpg

theluma

lordoftherink said:
And, if we're counting boxarts released in 2009, rather than just the game, this is the runaway winner:
62004_MassEffect2CollectorsEditionB.jpg

Funny how the normal boxart is absolutely horrible, really takes everything that makes Mass Effect look uninteresting to me and times it by 10.

1204551-mass_effect_2_boxart_super.jpg

On the other hand the collectors one looks great. Is this some kind of marketing scheme? Make the normal cover crap so people will be more likely to buy the SE?

Good boxarts:

Our Spirit Tracks one is great of course
MadWorld is awesome

342224ps_500h.jpg

rrquinta-albums-pictures-reviews-articles-etc-2-picture4490-bowsers-inside-story-box-art.jpg

Japanese Okami Box Art (without the Wii border)
29451tw.jpg

343449ps_500h.jpg

14797.jpg

Also really like the Metroid Prime Trilogy Box art, even though we didn't get the tin.

Neuromancer said:
I saw a thread for the worst but not for the best.

borderlandsboxart.jpg

Awesome concept and execution, best of the year in my opinion.

What are your picks for best box art of the year?
the winner by far

twenty1

Banned
Bamihap said:
new-super-mario-bros-wii-box-art-419x590.jpg

It will always be new.

I think this box art covers the nature of the game more than any other this year. There you have it. 4 people playing together having a fun time. There are enemies & powerups and pipes. And it's NEW!

I can agree.....it just oozes fun and says "This is a game"

GWX

MadWorld, Muramasa, A Boy and his Blob and The Saboteur for me.
HotD:Overkill is quite nice, too.

2s8r6lc.jpg

trk_rkd

Banned
Don't own a wii and know fuck all about the game but i agree that the sin & punishment cover is pretty damn nice.

nobody has posted the euro steelbox of kz2, that was by far the best of the kz2 covers. the picture was *completely* drained of colour bar the eyes... i definitely wouldn't say it was the best cover art of the year (love the game though) but i just thought it was worth mentioning given that a couple of people have mentioned the standard US KZ2 cover.

...and i had no idea there was a sky crawlers game. damn, i frickin love that movie (and im not a huge anime geek or anything. is it any good?

Im loving a lot of these actually. I dont like the overly cartoony ones posted but everything else I can find something I like in it.

Danielsan

Never got the appeal of that Borderlands cover.
Looks horrendous to me.

Love the CE/Asian version of Demon's Souls and that Sin and Punishment one looks gorgeous.

endlessflood said:
I think The Saboteur had the best box art of 2009. A very bold design and in a noir style appropriate to the game:

1602pt6943321.jpg

Honourable mentions:
Dragon_Age.jpg

EA really loves that splatter and grunge look since they it in all their games.

And...

585c.jpg

Dennis

Banned
The Dragon Age cover is great and so is the Mass Effect 2 CE one.

But goddamn, that X Blades ass cover is embarassing :lol . I would feel ashamed buying that in a shop.

Don't get the love for the borderlands cover either, and not just because of Penis Face.

Dennis

Banned
BrokenSymmetry said:
Keeping to the same theme:

Magna Carta II
See, I dont understand this. Is that supposed to get sales? From whom? Even the 12 year old me would have found that embarassingly bad.

Top Bottom