• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for FREE with purchase of $15 prepaid phone this week.

Thanks. Now to figure out what to do since they are lacking cards. I found the place for them. I assume it's a generic sky. Wonder if I could take the sticker up there...

If it helps, the GCU membership does have a standard SKU which is 3081375. The cashier should be able to enter it instead of scanning a card to grant you 2 years of GCU

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Set until 2020. Thanks to this and some cheap phone stuff. Donates $10 to St. Judes each transaction.

BlindRage

Thanks! Got it. Bought the SIM card.
If you are a volition dev, I just wanna say thanks. I love all the SR's. I hope you guys toss around the idea of bringing PTP back eventually. (Put hundreds of hours into that mode and would do it in a heartbeat again if I could)

Glad everyone is getting in on the GCU deal. Prolly gonna grab 2 SIM card deals tomorrow to be good until 2030

Darklor01

If you are a volition dev, I just wanna say thanks. I love all the SR's. I hope you guys toss around the idea of bringing PTP back eventually. (Put hundreds of hours into that mode and would do it in a heartbeat again if I could)

Glad everyone is getting in on the GCU deal. Prolly gonna grab 2 SIM card deals tomorrow to be good until 2030

2030? Damn, well, you're covered u til the next console launches. Another will launch .. maybe

BlindRage

2030? Damn, well, you're covered u til the next console launches. Another will launch .. maybe
Only if I can grab a couple more. Just used the lg440 so far and got to 2026, I'm debating if I should even add more. But I really really doubt we will ever see it this cheap again.

Darknight

Wish someone would have told me where the hell the Virgin Mobile Paylo $3 was. Fucking hell, ended up getting the Net10 Sims. Thanx alot GAF, you jerks could of saved me some more $$$.

Darklor01

Wish someone would have told me where the hell the Virgin Mobile Paylo $3 was. Fucking hell, ended up getting the Net10 Sims. Thanx alot GAF, you jerks could of saved me some more $$$.

I spent 20 minutes looking with in store help. Online site said the sstore had them, tthe store inventory showed 0. At least it was fun watching all the employees hop on line behind me to do the deal. Each pointing out it was cheaper than their employee discount.

JaseMath

So I took advantage of this...am I supposed to get a card or something? All I have is this weird flimsy thing with the terms and price on it.

Darklor01

So I took advantage of this...am I supposed to get a card or something? All I have is this weird flimsy thing with the terms and price on it.

Go to the Best Buy Website. Login. Go to your rewards. Click overview. You'll see your expiration date. Everything is tied to your rewards account itself for both in store and online.

JaseMath

Go to the Best Buy Website. Login. Go to your rewards. Click overview. You'll see your expiration date. Everything is tied to your rewards account itself for both in store and online.
Right on, thanks. I'm going to assume it'll take a day or so to show.

20141107_121455.jpg

This is what I used for mine since they were out of the 2.99 phones. Thanks Lum1n3s!!!

Now what can I do with this? I have no idea what it's for, lol.

Carib2g

Banned
Bought Bloodborne Limited Edition as soon as my Game Club was unlocked. Worth it.

How exactly do you order limited/collector's editions in-store?

I only ever see the pre-order cards for the regular editions....

Are there separate pre-order cards for the limited editions (when applicable)?

How exactly do you order limited/collector's editions in-store?

I only ever see the pre-order cards for the regular editions....

Are there separate pre-order cards for the limited editions (when applicable)?

If you're intent on pre-ordering it in store, go to the touchscreen kiosk and look up the collector's edition. You can then print off a pre-order receipt thingy from the kiosk and take that to the register to complete your pre-order for the CE in store.

GCU benefits work online too if you'd rather pre-order it that way, otherwise just use the kiosk thingy

Kiosk looks like this

Xamdou

If you're intent on pre-ordering it in store, go to the touchscreen kiosk and look up the collector's edition. You can then print off a pre-order receipt thingy from the kiosk and take that to the register to complete your pre-order for the CE in store.

GCU benefits work online too if you'd rather pre-order it that way, otherwise just use the kiosk thingy

Do you have to pay it in full or partial payment for instore pre-order?

Do you have to pay it in full or partial payment for instore pre-order?

Default pre-order amount in-store is $5

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/In-store-Pre-order-FAQs/td-p/636272

How much can I put down on a video game pre-order?
You can pay any deposit amount from $5 up to the total cost of the item plus tax.

But you can also just choose to pay the full amount if you want to

So does it still not say the year of when the GCU expires in rewards > overview for others?

It still doesn't show the expiration date for me even though it used to.

That being said, skimming the best buy forums it seems to be a general problem with GCU so not sure we should be too worried

majik13

Wait do you have to pay full price when you preorder online or only when it ships? I need to know this like Xam.

If you pre order online they will put a hold on the money, full amount, that day, until it ships. Basically like a pending charge I beleive.

Carib2g

Banned

Kiosk looks like this

Well this is interesting....

1. There are 3 BBs near where I live (NYC) and I've never seen one of those kiosks ever...
2. I almost always prefer to order/pre-order online...but for example, I want The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition, but it says "sold out online" so I was hoping I could still pre-order it somehow...
3. When I pre-order online, the entire amount of the product gets deducted from my checking account immediately (in comparison, Amazon only charges when shipped). Needless to say, I hate that! So, pre-ordering in-store may be the way to go for pre-orders....but it looks like I'll have to find myself one of those kiosks somewhere :/

Rurunaki

1. There are 3 BBs near where I live (NYC) and I've never seen one of those kiosks ever...
2. I almost always prefer to order/pre-order online...but for example, I want The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition, but it says "sold out online" so I was hoping I could still pre-order it somehow...
3. When I pre-order online, the entire amount of the product gets deducted from my checking account immediately (in comparison, Amazon only charges when shipped). Needless to say, I hate that! So, pre-ordering in-store may be the way to go for pre-orders....but it looks like I'll have to find myself one of those kiosks somewhere :/

The kiosks are usually near the gaming section if not the computers.

Huh weird that you don't have those kiosks 0_0

Do you have a gaming desk thingy? My bestbuy used to have a gaming desk area and the person behind the counter could do pre-orders and accept trade-ins and what not

Didn't realize that Bestbuy had such a poor online policy for pre-ordering. I just canceled something I pre-ordered online that I wouldn't get until February, no need for the charge to be holding on my credit card for that long

Ask in store and I'm sure they can figure it out for you

Tomorrow is the last day right? I want to extend my membership for another 2 years.

should be as I believe new weekly deals come into effect on sunday

Chris R

Holy crap. I got $22.40 for GTA V PS3.

I paid $47.99 for the PS4 version. I'm getting a $10 certificate when I pick it up.

$47.99 - $10.00 - $22.40 = $15.59 to upgrade from PS3 to PS4, better than a Steam sale. I'm totally going to game more on my consoles with this deal.

Darknight

If you pre order online they will put a hold on the money, full amount, that day, until it ships. Basically like a pending charge I beleive.

Thanx bud! Really sucks and now Im thinking of preordering in store and putting $5 down till it releases and pay the rest. I dont feel like having a $4x.xx payment or so pending.

Holy crap. I got $22.40 for GTA V PS3.

I paid $47.99 for the PS4 version. I'm getting a $10 certificate when I pick it up.

$47.99 - $10.00 - $22.40 = $15.59 to upgrade from PS3 to PS4, better than a Steam sale. I'm totally going to game more on my consoles with this deal.

Just wait till you start trading in PS4 games, getting about $40 for them, then turning around and buying brand new PS4 games for $48, with some having the $10 Rewards Certificate. You just keep trading in games straight up for newer ones, or have to pay a few bucks difference. Its pretty awesome.

Thanks gaf, with this thread I was able to find the last 6.99 SIM in my store. Couldn't find the Paylo phone, but no worries. The clerks face when the subtotal said $127, then went down to $7 was the highlight of the trip though.

Ended up using the Net10 kit, not a problem and already showing up on My Best Buy.

I was a little nervous because all the GCU cards I could find were labelled $119 - did this recently drop in price or is it about to go up?

Might go back and get another 2 years, the store I went to had the Wii Fit U meter for $8.

And if anyone lives in the Metairie, LA area, I went to the BB in Elmwood and they had a bunch of black Wii U pro controllers in clearance, but I didn't see a price. In case someone might be interested.

Promotion was just too good. I went back to add another two years via the Net10 kit because the price-matched phones were all cleared out. Got a bit annoyed that the cashier I got was new and wanted to ask a supervisor how to go about the transaction, but I managed to explain it to him. Worked out fine in the end.

Also, where my expiration date on my account had disappeared earlier, it reappeared with the updated date. Good until 2018. I will settle with four years, but I will definitely be looking out for more awesome promotions during those four years.

majik13

damn, tried a net10 simstarter kit, and it didnt work. Kept getting an error on the cashiers screen, saying they need an eligble item. Though it was ringing up as 00.00 on the seperate checkout price screen. He kept saying the deal had to be an actual phone.
They were also out of Tracfones, they said they no longer carried PayLo phones.
The cashier left his register in front and followed me back to the mobile depart too as I looked for other phones and such. Was hoping to try an have the mobile phone department try and ring up the net10 there just in case, but this guy kinda took over the area.
At least I already got 2 years earlier in the week.

Darknight

damn, tried a net10 simstarter kit, and it didnt work. Kept getting an error on the cashiers screen, saying they need an eligble item. Though it was ringing up as 00.00 on the seperate checkout price screen. He kept saying the deal had to be an actual phone.
They were also out of Tracfones, they said they no longer carried PayLo phones.
The cashier left his register in front and followed me back the mobile depart too as I lookes for other stuff. Was hoping to try an have the mobile phone depart try and rin it up juat in case, but this guy kinda took over the area.
At least I already got 2 years.
Shit dude I should have posted me experience! This happened to me too but it was the cashier's error.

So when they scan the Net10 item, it rings up as $6.99 but then another thing pops on their computer, they hit enter and then they scan the item for its IMIED number or something but the cashier has to actually move the mouse/cursor to the "ok" button or so near the bottom right because if they only hit ENTER in this screen, the item reverts to $0.00 or something.

The girl doing this had this issue and had to have this other person come and look so he explained it to her and I got mine done like that. After they enter the ID thing (forgot what its called, its like the phone's serial number but they just have to scan the Net10 card), they have to manual click on the bottom right button.

majik13

Shit dude I should have posted me experience! This happened to me too but it was the cashier's error.

So when they scan the Net10 item, it rings up as $6.99 but then another thing pops on their computer, they hit enter and then they scan the item for its IMIED number or something but the cashier has to actually move the mouse/cursor to the "ok" button or so near the bottom right because if they only hit ENTER in this screen, the item reverts to $0.00 or something.

The girl doing this had this issue and had to have this other person come and look so he explained it to her and I got mine done like that. After they enter the ID thing (forgot what its called, its like the phone's serial number but they just have to scan the Net10 card), they have to manual click on the bottom right button.

ah, not sure if this guy would have done it if I explained it, since he was being pretty adamant that it had to be a phone and kept telling me I didnt have a phone, it was just a sim card so it wouldnt work, etc. I wish I had got another cashier to run it.

I knew I shouldnt have gone to the front, and instead get the phone department to do it like last time. They would have likely done it right. Oh well.

I did trade in GTAV succesfully with 60% bonus. For like $23 credit

Not sure if this has been posted yet but you can get the deal with any sim starter kit. It doesn't have to be in any order as long as your membership is pulled up and everything is scanned the price will go down, this is the one I bought to get it for $10 bucks.

20141107_121455.jpg

This is what I used for mine since they were out of the 2.99 phones. Thanks Lum1n3s!!!

Now what can I do with this? I have no idea what it's for, lol.

Just came back from Best Buy and bought the same sim starter kit. I extended my GCU membership for another 4 years! Hopefully Best Buy will still exist in 2020. lol

Thanks!

You need to connect your MyBestBuy account to your Bestbuy.com account. Usually, they are different unless you connect them.

Easiest way is simply to create a brand new bestbuy.com account to purchase something with. Then, put in your MyBestBuy account ID number to connect to that new account. That simple!

Thanks, dude. Turns out this was my issue. Finally see my stuff showing up.

You should have just told them to scan them all. The computer does it automatically.

Go back tomorrow and go to another cashier.

I'm gonna go tomorrow and try again. She wouldn't even try scanning anything she pulled up the deal and said it won't work. Kinda annoying I had 20 games I was trading in and the GCU bonus was over $110 so I had to leave and and not get credit

I even got fed up and said let me buy a game and buy GCU for $30 and they said it won't do it and apply in time

For the stores that are sold out of phones, we should all just bring the ones we've already bought back to the store to buy them again. Wonder how confused the inventory system would get at checkout. Also, imagine explaining to loss prevention that you were trying to sneak products into the store so you could buy it again.

Delt31

For the stores that are sold out of phones, we should all just bring the ones we've already bought back to the store to buy them again. Wonder how confused the inventory system would get at checkout. Also, imagine explaining to loss prevention that you were trying to sneak products into the store so you could buy it again.

fucking hilarious

Imagine if these cards weren't tied to accounts but could be sold online? Wow - talk about chaos.

Top Bottom