• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy online has Switch (both kinds)

Don't worry, they just got a $430 Switch available for you :p

xDTrEt0.png

Scalpers could not have demand for it if a larger audience didn't already have that same, if not greater, demand.

Tubie

I posted this in the other thread, but Best Buy got a big restock for today.

My local store had over 30 people waiting in line before it opened and a lot more were coming in in the time it took me to pick up my MK8 preorder, and even then it seemed like they still had some left to sell at that point.

I saw a lot of Neons too, first time I ever see them in person.

Check your local store, you might get lucky.

dEvAnGeL

for those looking for a switch in NJ, these Walmart stores have a very healthy inventory, this is how i got mine last week, good luck hunting one down!

i checked this 1 minute before posting this so is up to date.
Owtc.png

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Switch owners starved for games and there's something like a half-dozen at retail. Not terribly surprising.

I mean when you consider there's 60 million PS4 out there, 30 million Xb1's and like 3-4 million switches, it is kinda surprising regardless of how you look at it.

Snagged one of the last two my local Best Buy had. I had to go on my lunch break. Finally I had some good luck and they weren't all gone by the time I got there, 2.5 hours after the store opened. No neons though but no biggy all the same.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Well it's been highly charting for a month. But yeah if Zelda already has a 100% attach rate, what does that mean for Mario Kart lol.

Mario kart is a system seller I wouldn't be surprised with the extra stocking for it's launch that the switches install base has substantially went up.

yyr

Looking at the $500 GameStop bundles linked on page 1.

If you actually were intending to buy Zelda, its Expansion Pass, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at full price, and you don't have a big microSD card lying around, you could do worse than these bundles. Way better than paying a scalper.

The Walmart down the road from me has 2 in stock. I really want to go check after this class to see if they have it. But the area by it has very high crime rate and robbery rate. Someone in the GameStop next door was killed over a pair of Air Jordans, kid you not.

kewlmyc

Got one ordered on Amazon, but when I went to pick up Zelda, I saw that they had a bunch more in stock. Decided to just get one in person instead. Got the Neon one, which wasn't an option on Amazon.

Instro

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/

Mario Kart 8 physical and digital killing it on Amazon right now.

And for the month: https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017-04/videogames/

Also passed Zelda for the year: https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames/

Game is gonna be huge.

To be fair Zelda is split between WiiU and Switch, and I'm sure Amazon doesnt have the best numbers in comparison to B&M retailers given their lack of Switch stock. Regardless though, MK is definitely going to surpass Zelda in short order and put up big numbers.

I just got back from my local BB to pick up MK8 Deluxe and they still had Switches in the case for sale. So check your local stores if you want one.

TS-08

Nice. Just tried and was able to add the neon to the cart so no instant sell out like last time. The Mario Kart restock is obviously pretty huge.

Gamestop has two ridiculous bundles available.

http://m.gamestop.com/pages/storefront/switch

Dude that 499$ bundles gets you the system, Zelda, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a 128 GB Micro SD card, and Zelda Breath of the Wild Season Pass!

I wish I waited and gotten that bundle instead if my launch system.

That's one of the best bundles I've seen.

Edit: I bought all the above items separately and paid considerably more.

Edit 2: NVM. I had a lapse in memory and forgot the price of the Switch. Disregard the above.

Vice

Dude that 499$ bundles gets you the system, Zelda, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a 128 GB Micro SD card, and Zelda Breath of the Wild Season Pass!

I wish I waited and gotten that bundle instead if my launch system.

That's one of the best bundles I've seen.
It's more expensive than buying them separately if you can snag the card for less than $60 and have anything like GCU or prime.

It's more expensive than buying them separately if you can snag the card for less than $60 and have anything like GCU or prime.

Shit, you're right. I don't know why I was thinking the Switch was 399$. Yeah, I paid 40$ for the same memory card.

gagecube

Banned
I went to Best Buy in my city today to get an Amiibo (I wanted the Samus costume in MK8D) and they had what seemed to be a large shipment and about 20 people in line to buy the switch

Interfectum

I went to Best Buy in my city today to get an Amiibo (I wanted the Samus costume in MK8D) and they had what seemed to be a large shipment and about 20 people in line to buy the switch

All scalpers most likely. Even the ones with kids wearing Mario t-shirts.

VLEXP

I really thought by the time Mario Kart came out I would be able to walk into the store and get a switch from the selves, guess I was wrong. Should have gotten it at launch when I had it in my cart.

Top Bottom