• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best/Favorite Motorcycle Games!

Cidd

So much good times with this game.

1343040-extremeg2_us_n64_front.jpg

xgra_screen020.jpg

luka

Loves Robotech S1
everyone who loves road rash 32-bit should try to get the pc version.

q3FdTLO.jpg

640x480, highres sprites, and no slowdown. delectable.

BadAss2961

MotorStorm series all the way, especially since you can take a bike and race it against other types of vehicles with no rules. Felt awesome punching other dudes off their bikes too.

TJP

The best MotoGP game ever made and possibly greatest two wheel simulation racer ever:
1246708828-00.jpg

The best SBK game and Milestone's greatest game (thanks to EA's money):
UPD_6537_743.jpg

Shaneus

everyone who loves road rash 32-bit should try to get the pc version.

q3FdTLO.jpg

640x480, highres sprites, and no slowdown. delectable.
Soundgarden. You forgot Soundgarden.
From memory, it was the menu music? I need to track down the CD I had of it. OEM, paid $15 for it new when it came out, never *really* got into it. Love to try it again now to see how it's held up.

Must be a bitch to run in Windows now :/

The best MotoGP game ever made and possibly greatest two wheel simulation racer ever:
1246708828-00.jpg

UPD_6537_743.jpg
What's the first pic? That image is blocked :/ Second one... that's gonna be hard to find and get running on a modern PC, isn't it?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Soundgarden. You forgot Soundgarden.
From memory, it was the menu music? I need to track down the CD I had of it. OEM, paid $15 for it new when it came out, never *really* got into it. Love to try it again now to see how it's held up.

Must be a bitch to run in Windows now :/

Yeah, all the licensed music was in the menus. The pc version uses general midi so if you have a synthesizer (hard or soft) and a good soundfont you can make the in-game music sound a lot better than the console versions.

It's easy to get running if you're using 32-bit windows, but 64-bit users gotta jump through some hoops to install it. It involves extracting the demo files off the disc then copying the retail files over manually to bypass the 16-bit installer. The game runs fine after that but you have to kill the explorer process every time you run the game or you'll get color corruption.

I think the only motorcycle games I've ever really got into are Road Rash, Excitebike, Motorcross Maniacs on Gameboy, Joe Danger, and a bit of Trials.

Came in to mention Jesters Isle of Man game on the PS2. Surprised it took quite so many posts to be mentioned as it is one of the best out there. It really does capture the feel of a bike really well.

adelante

Other than the Road Rash series, Dirt Trax Fx was another motorcycle game I put tons of hours into. Pretty hard on later stages but I freakin LOVED this game:

lgJBMrx.jpg
LGxWtom.jpg
33AoXSh.jpg

Sintoid

Super Hang-On

This and Enduro Racer

Special mention for Motorstorm series - I love riding bikes on that hell of game :D

Edit

1246708828-00.jpg

UPD_6537_743.jpg

I feel bad for forgetting them, forgive me Superbike 2001

Ryuhza

Banned
I still have fond memories from MotorStorm, as my first PS3 game, and one of the earliest demos for PS3 I can recall wowing me.

MSMV%20Game%20Info.jpg

I also remember playing Moto Racer on PC way back in the day. Good times...

deim0s

Moto Racer is easily my favorite for the PC, Road Rash 1, and Harley Davidson Road to Sturgis for the lulz on DOS.

Arcade: Super Hang-On is awesome, the one with the red bike that you have to actually lean to steer.

TJP

What's the first pic? That image is blocked :/
GP500 from Melbourne House and published by MicroProse. Why is the game so good? One reason is the physics were developed by Kenny Roberts Jnr.

Second one... that's gonna be hard to find and get running on a modern PC, isn't it?
I have my PC CD Rom version with paper manual (remember those) in mint condition. Only way to get it now would be 2nd hand of eBay. It should run fine on a modern PC too.

Shaneus

GP500 from Melbourne House and published by MicroProse. Why is the game so good? One reason is the physics were developed by Kenny Roberts Jnr..
Oh wow. So was that done around the same time as Le Mans 24hr on Dreamcast (and later, PC and PS2)? If it's the same level of quality as that... I must have it. Kenny Roberts Jr. is a great name to have attached, too (one I haven't heard for YEARS!).

Kup

I thought the Climax developed MotoGP games were better, personally. I played a lot from MotoGP 2 up to MotoGP 2007 on Xbox 360. I lost interest when Capcom took over though.

Also, Joe Danger:

joe-danger3_1668154c.jpg

amar212

I really think there is no better motorcycle game then Tourist Trophy IMO.

It has gorgeous physics which works absolutely perfectly with the controller.

Prerequisite is usage of "full physics" model with separated brakes (front-rear), manual gearing, manual changing of the driver body-stance (straight back/leaned back) and analogue steering.

Once the full-physics controls are mastered the ride over Nurburgring becomes an unbelievable experience.

Also it has pretty decent career mode with great challenges. Only drawback is number of AI opponents, which is sadly only 3 (due to RAM constraints, heavy load of GT4 engine to RAM because of physics and lightning and fully animated drivers).

But IMO nothing even comes close to TT.

Top Bottom