• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best/Favorite Motorcycle Games!

GrayFoxPL

I really only played very few and mostly the very first Moto GP on PS2.
MOTO GP 1(Namco)
i9SR4CMZnqjA7.jpg

ibj0nL3ARShgDc.jpg

ibh1OvtZkAcY27.jpg

The game started as a simple Namco arcade port but it got incredibly beefed up both graphically and in content when it landed on PS2.
This game blew me away graphically 12 years ago. It looked amazing, especially the realistic replays.
Gameplay was addictive like crack. It had that "One more time" feeling and couldn't let you go. Also had sharp and ultra responsive controls in both arcade and simulation modes.
One of my old time favorites.

I don't know why I never bought any of the billion sequels. Maybe I felt I'll get disappointed.

Later I only played low budget Riding Spirits on PS2. It's not too great. Hard as hell and bikes controlled like tanks.
I read the sequel is much better.
RIDING SPIRITS (Spike)
ibsfW8GVYDMxHA.jpg

ipRbrmoQkuw0k.jpg

Last bike game I never seriously played as a kid but did now was good old Super Hang On Sega recently re-released on psn/xbla. Very fun. Needs remake.(No not the Saturn one)
Menaged to score in top 10 on the leaderboards even ;).

I forgot I briefly played Moto Racer 1&2 on PS1 and few ancient ones on C64 and that's it.

What are your picks, guys? Post screens if you can.

Btw Are there any recent fun motorbike games on PS3?

HoosTrax

Road Rash would be my pick, but I was just reminded that there doesn't seem to be much in the way of prominent hardcore motorcycle racing sims. Certainly, we don't have any specialized motorcycle racing controllers like the many racing wheels (up to $500 even) out there. I guess leaning just plays too much of a role in the real world to be properly simulated with just a gamepad.

Grayman

Tourist Trophy was my favourite. I would love to see Bikes show up in one of the street car style sims again.

No More Heroes 2 had it, too, but it involved the worst boss fight ever created.

Madworld had a motorbike level and boss too. wasn't great.

Ketch

Excite bike 64. Forgotten classic? Controlled great and it had a track editor if I remember correctly. I wish they'd make a another one already.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Supercycle was my first real motorbike game I played. It was a Commodore 64 game and a clone of Hang On.
I was going to post an image but hotlinking etc etc.

CYbWAsZl.jpg

All the good ones have been listed, but I'd like to throw in FUEL. Not the best regarding handling, but nothing quite beats roaring across the vast landscape on a post-apocalyptic motorcross bike.

onQ123

I'm glade you made this thread because I been wondering how was the Moto GP games on the PS2 looking so good near the end of the PS2 era then the new Moto GP games came out on the PS3 & Xbox 360 & they just never had that Wow Factor that the games had on the PS2/Xbox.

Satchel

Banned
Trials HD
Road Rash
Mannx TT Superbike

There was on an old Motocross game in the arcades I adored. Like Mannx TT you rode on a real bike and lifted and turned to play. 2D rear view.

Shaneus

Moto Racer, Motorcross Madness, Road Rash... all awesome games!
I like your style.

Moto Racer was the first one I put significant time into (and enjoyed). And there was a decent one I had on Xbox, but can't remember the name... I just remembered there was a cheat where it would change all the engine sounds to that "deng deng" voice (that was before that fucking frog used it).

Top Bottom