• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best fighting game stages. Post pics.

no one posting SvC Chaos stages? let me fix that!

SVCnudeplace.gif

23_animatedstages06.gif

XaJTNoj.gif
These are really just incredible. Wow.

gelf

Zable/Lord Raptors stage from Darkstakers.
27_stage04.jpg

I really wanted to find a gif version of this with the ghosts in the background that are completely missing from this pic but I cant find one.

21XX

Banned
Not a great picture, but I love love love the snow stage in the first Tekken Tag. I get a flood of so many good memories just from seeing it.

latest

Primal Rage backgrounds captured the post-apocalyptic setting quite well

primal-s15.jpg

primal-rage-20081125064032233_640w.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
Oh, so you're the other guy who bought Primal Rage. I thought you were just a myth.

Yeah, I totally agree. The backgrounds, while not nearly SNK quality, were quite good. The character models helped with that quite a bit.

streetfighterii-worldwarrior-japanehonda.png

E. Honda's Bath House from Street Fighter II

I wish this is remade for SFV. That and the Sagat stage from SF2.

Does anyone else mourn the fact that most fighting games today, especially street fighter, don't have a stage per character? I know it's because stages today are pretty elaborate and it's not cost to effective to have those stages, but to me a character's... well, character... is his or her stage and accompanying theme song. Playing the CPU means traveling to each character's "home" and getting a glimpse of them and their character. Having characters with no stage to me feels like having half-finished characters.

Yes. I love each character getting their own stage. I wish SFV had this, however I understand why they don't do that. It's unfortunate.

The bad thing is that ever since Ono has been in charge, SF has had a lot of silly characters in the background doing silly things. In the older stages, no matter who was in the background, they did not try to steal the attention away from the fight. I hope the dlc stages in SFV try to decrease the amount of silliness going on in the background.

Flysquare

Soul Calibur 3 Lost Cathedral

Maybe a bit too flashy for some but it's a nice setting for a final battle.

Lost-Cathedral.jpg

Soul Calibur 3 graphical enhancements really rely on how much better than 2 the stages were...

I've always liked the simple concept of Mortal Kombat's The Pit I

mk1-lui-kang-pit-fatality-o.gif

Two fighters battling in a small bridge above a deadly pit. It's so great.

It reminds me of the Devil's Toilet in Dragon Ball

latest

Top Bottom