• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best fightpad for PS4?

smurfx

get some go again
i'm waiting on the madcatz pad. hoping they finally nailed down the d-pad design. they have been improving on it so i have high hopes.

Rajang

I just ordered the Hori Fight Commander 4 for PS3/PS4, heard good things about it.

The Mad Catz SFV pad has a weird looking D-PAD. I would wait on reviews before buying that one.

smurfx

get some go again
I just ordered the Hori Fight Commander 4 for PS3/PS4, heard good things about it.

The Mad Catz SFV pad has a weird looking D-PAD. I would wait on reviews before buying that one.
the d-pad is actually very similar to the other madcatz pads if you see different angled shots.

Isn't that hori pad with the elongated left handle the old version? They don't even sell that here anymore, it was replaced with this. Unless this one is still just in Japan.

KdGHqya.jpg

I believe this has only been released in Japan/ Asia regions atm. Its also just named the "FIGHTING COMMANDER" too. I've been using it the past week or so and it's essentially the same as the FC4, albeit with the removal of the adjustable d-pad and extendable left grip. Hence the cheaper price point.
I'm preferring the newest model every so slightly to the FC4 due to the better form factor and not having to re-tighten the d-pad after a days play (which annoyed the fuck out of me but I don't know if anyone else had this issue with the FC4). PC switch for Xinput is a cool addition as well.

Vex_

Banned
I believe this has only been released in Japan/ Asia regions atm. Its also just named the "FIGHTING COMMANDER" too. I've been using it the past week or so and it's essentially the same as the FC4, albeit with the removal of the adjustable d-pad and extendable left grip. Hence the cheaper price point.
I'm preferring the newest model every so slightly to the FC4 due to the better form factor and not having to re-tighten the d-pad after a days play (which annoyed the fuck out of me but I don't know if anyone else had this issue with the FC4). PC switch for Xinput is a cool addition as well.

The fc4 looks like it has a larger dpad tho. My fingers are big, so I feel like that is great for me.

Right now, I'm debating fc4 vs fightpad pro.

i'm waiting on the madcatz pad. hoping they finally nailed down the d-pad design. they have been improving on it so i have high hopes.

Same I need something easier on my thumb joints and I like the look of the conclave D-pad. I had the chance try out an xbox elite controller and that d-pad reminds me a lot of the one on the elite controller. If its even remotely similar it'll be godly for fighting games.

Hyun Sai

Does this also keep the 4 buttons on the back and the switch like the FC4 ?

These changes sound great, I'll probably end up importing this if it doesn't come to the west (which I imagine it would). The only reason why I haven't picked up the FC4 was due to issues with the dpad staying loose.

Z..

Apologies for the slight necro bump, but it seemed pointless to rethread such recent waters.

I need a good one. I'm used to the saturn pad and that's what I like. Been using my old one since the PS2 days.
Or perhaps some sort of ps3 to ps4 adapter.

HotHamBoy

Apologies for the slight necro bump, but it seemed pointless to rethread such recent waters.

I need a good one. I'm used to the saturn pad and that's what I like. Been using my old one since the PS2 days.
Or perhaps some sort of ps3 to ps4 adapter.

I think the only viable adapter is the $60 Chronus Max, but that has input lag.

I think the Hori pad is what people recommend.

Again, I say make the jump to a stick because I think it's more fun and satisfying to play that way, but it's hard for people to retrain their brain for a couple weeks.

Z..

I think the only viable adapter is the $60 Chronus Max, but that has input lag.

I think the Hori pad is what people recommend.

Again, I say make the jump to a stick because I think it's more fun and satisfying to play that way, but it's hard for people to retrain their brain for a couple weeks.

I have had a couple of sticks over the years. 1 for Dreamcast and one for 360/PS3.
I love it to play around with but I'd rather use a Saturn Pad.

Hori's dpad I do not see working for me. I'd love it for everything else, but for shmups and fighting games I've gotta have my saturn style dpad. It's perfection.

I'm seeing alot of love (evo approved) for this brooks converter. Hmmm... I wonder if it'd work after patching my ps2 to ps3 adapter into it...

Top Bottom