• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best PC Game MODS

eot

Banned
The Nameless Mod is a fantastic Deus Ex mod. Story and voice acting might put people off, but the unique world and top-notch Deus Ex gameplay make it amazing in my eyes. It has two different paths with some different missions, encouraging a second playthrough. Also like Deus Ex, the attention to detail and the player's actions I feel surpasses the original game.

Definitely. It's up there among the best total conversions I've played.

Half-Life

- They Hunger
- Counter Strike 1.6 (it counts bro)
- Afraid of Monsters Director's Cut

Half-Life 2

- MINERVA: Metastasis
- Research and Development
- Precursor
- Mission Improbable

Keep in mind I've played MANY Half-Life mods. But these sven ;) are the best of the best for me.

EDIT: And wow how could I forget Black Mesa Source. Yeah...play Black Mesa Source.

Another great HL2 mod is Black Snow. A first person point and click style horror game in the Amnesia vein. The ending is shitty and abrupt, but the rest of it is awesome.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/black-snow

diamount

Banned
Morrowind's graphical overhaul, makes an extremely dated game playable and enjoyable. Don't think there is something to make the combat more enjoyable though.

Pikelet

I've loved many a mod over the years, Counterstrike, Dota, Natural Selection, Desert Combat, but the one that i feel is criminally underrepresented is Fall from Heaven II for Civilisation 4. It's a fantasy themed mod that is probably my favorite strategy game of all time. There are so many ways to play this game it's ridiculous, i have put in over 150 hours and am still discovering new strategies.

One game i rushed towards researching werewolves who can convert enemies to my side, resulting in an incredible snowball effect across the map. Another game i spawned near a significant amount of mana resources and spent the whole game training up an army of fireball wielding mages. There's an elf race, a pirate race, a vampire race, and heaps more, all allowing for really unique play styles.

There is a magic system, a hero/rpg system, an entirely expanded religious and morality system, an item system... Heck, there is even a god-damn optional card game inserted in there, all built on top of the extremely solid civilization 4 base mechanics.

I found it to be so much more interesting than civilisation 5, and it didn't cost me a cent.

Dr.Acula

Banned
gmDoom

gmDoom is a partial source port of Doom integrated into Garry's Mod 13. Assets are loaded from an IWAD, and no binary modules are required! This addon will be available through the Steam Workshop once bug testing is complete, which should be in only a few days.

Video looks sick! First half is DoomGuy in HL2, second half is Gordon Freeman fighting Doom Demons in HL2. And the last part of the video is mix-and-match.

Seems like a super fun way to replay HL2!

Top Bottom