• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Super Famicom games?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Gunsmoke said:
Translation Nation.

The Whirlpool

Here, check these two sites out.

All the work is done for you.

trans_dk4_02.gif

Good stuff. But in all seriousness, I adore the SNES-era of graphics. To me, it was the pinnacle of 2D gaming and probably the prime reason I love the GBA so much.

robot

The Dragon Ball Z fighting games are the first ones that come to mind. Oh, and I heard Rockman and Bass was really good (but never made it here on the snes, iirc).

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton, but I'd start off with:

Mario & Wario
Sutte Hakkun
Mario's Picross (and all subsequent volumes)
Lode Runner Twin (and, I assume, Power Lode Runner, but I haven't had a chance to get it yet)
Libble Rabble

edit: oh yeah, I was forgetting one of my favorites -- Do-Re-Mi Fantasy: Milon's Quest

http://gaijin.parodius.com/Doremi.htm

It's got one of my all-time favorite game soundtracks, to boot.

Violinist Of Hamlin (fantastic action/platform/puzzler)
Violinist_of_Hamlin-2.gif

Rendering Ranger (great game, Super Turrican 3 w/ added horizontal shooter levels)
Rendering_Ranger_R2-2.gif

Umihara Kawase (superb platform/puzzler)
Umi_Hara_Kawa_Se-2.gif

AniHawk

Well, it's an RPG, but it's an action RPG and not turn-based...

terr.jpg

...Still, I can't leave it out of a thread like this.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
rockman and forte
ganbare goemon 2 (3 is a bit difficult to play without japanese knowledge, dunno about 4)
macross: scrambled valkyrie
umihara kawase

the parodius games are terrific as well, but you'd do better to play them on psx or saturn.

edit: oh yeah, and super genjin 2! that game rocks.

How was Wrecking Crew '98 or Live a Live? I loved the original Wrecking Crew and Live a Live seems right up my alley (a collection of short RPG narratives).

Next week my mission is to find Super Famicom Wars. Also, wasn't there a Super Ballon Fight? I remember seeing it listed on N-sider.com's master list at one time. And those games someone listed with pics, I'm getting those too. They look surprisingly fun.

Top Bottom