• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best videogame music for the gym?!?

mcjmetroid

I'm getting really bored of my usual Spotify of usual artists and sometimes I like to just go down and listen to stuff without words and I'm looking to expand my gym playlist and I had a gaming gym Youtube Playlist list but I'm looking for lively enough stuff outside of my comfort zone.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Some of my recent finds but honestly I'm game for anything. If you could stick to Youtube that would be great.

Ya you'd think that. For me anything thats upbeat will pretty much work. Great choice by the way this will work!
Here is another one, it's a sick ass hip hop beat with no lyrics but it's not video game music. However, I've used this at the gym many times. When the beat and tone changes that is the best part. Let me know what you think of it, it switches around the 2 minute mark.

Sleepwalker

Came to post F zero but OP already took care of it.

Robert Redford Nod GIF

mcjmetroid

lol that is random, never thought of hearing vg music at the gym.
I guess it's not specifically videogames as much as it is... not hearing someone singing when you're not in that zone. Like I'm game for movie soundtracks too but I think I largely have that down on my own.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

This has been my gym opener for the last 7 years. Gets me pumped up immediately. Then I usually mix up some random street fighter, Metroid, and various battle themes. I also sprinkle in a lot of 80s montage-esque pop songs.

violence

My go to’s. These videos are not in the order that I’m used to, but It’s the best I could find without ads.

Quake 2 soundtrack

Wipeout 1 or any songs by cold storage

Last edited:

GymWolf

Not for the gym, but the ost of killer instinct snes and castlevania sotn are always there when i do kick-boxe with the heavy bag.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Interesting thread. I haven’t listened to much videogame music at the gym, so I’m curious as to what’s recommended.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I would heartily recommend adding Frank Klepacki's solo & VGM work to your playlist, as well as some of the non-Doom songs by Mick Gordon. They all kick loads of ass.

Last edited:

YCoCg

When I can't find anything good in a playlist or like what the place is playing I usually default to the Tekken 3 soundtrack:

But recently I've been listening to this guys DnB Video Game mixes:

Top Bottom