• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda E3 2015 Showcase Thread: Please Stand By

How will ZeniMax/Bethesda's conference go?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I thought the conference was ok. Doom looked kind of boring. I appreciate they are going for a fast pace but those melee kills were already being repeated in that short demo and I know they'll get super boring playing for real.

Battlecry looks extremely boring and has since its announcement. Basically nothing was said about ESO, just looked like a trailer for the game which is pretty mediocre. That card game, wow. Time and place I guess but I think it's going to look pretty silly a year down the line when no one is playing it. Disappointed that Dishonoured 2 was just a CG trailer, I really liked the first game and would loved to have seen gameplay for this. Oh well.

Fallout 4 actually really impressed me, I didn't like 3 and don't tend to like recent Elder Scrolls titles but I came away really pleased with what they are doing to Fallout. I just hope the main gameplay loop is improved over FO3.

Fallout Shelter stole the show for me. I played a little bit of it after the show wrapped and man what a neat game. It's a really fantastic little game with a decent monetization model. Really didn't think a Bethesda mobile game would be the highlight of the show for me.

people loved the conference here Sydney at the Bethesda's event
here a picture of me and a friend

11430158_982992298419066_5707977086118617894_o.jpg

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Really enjoyed the DOOM presentation and was happy to see not only Dishonored II announced but the definitive edition for Dishonored coming later this year for XB1 and PS4.

I liked some of Fallout 4 but to be honest I wasn't that impressed with it. I suppose though its one of those games you need to play for days or weeks to see what its really like.

After Nintendo kicked off E3 with the incredible Nintendo World Championships, Bethesda had a tall order ahead of it.

Luckily for them, it came out pretty well. It won't win any awards, but it stayed afloat, mostly buoyed by a great Fallout 4 segment.

+ Fallout 4 looked mostly great. (See negatives for exceptions)

+ Fallout 4 looks fully mod-compatible, which is the most important thing about the game.

+ That mobile game looks great. Can't wait for it to come to Android.

+ SnapMap looks cool.

- Fallout 4's dialogue looks horrendously bad and a massive leap backward for the franchise.

- Bethesda still doesn't know how to do animations. (FO4)

- Dishonored 2 CG trailer... who cares. I love the franchise but CG trailers are meaningless to me.

- Battlecry... yikes.

- "Is Blizzard doing it? Then we are too!" shenanigans.

- I'm already bored of the chainsaw in DOOM, and the game isn't even out

MaxiLive

Just finished watching the conference. That was a really great conference, fantastic start to E3 2015.

Me too, I thought it was great! really well executed, casual and with lots of games plus information. What else could you ask for?! :D

I'm not even all that excited for Bethesda games but it was a great showing and it really does look like they have evolved the Fallout franchise to have even more freedom.

Doom also looked fantastic! It also looks like a Doom game which I'm excited for as it doesn't look like its trying to change it's gameplay or features to fit the modern FPS scene. The map maker seemed really interesting as well and hopefully it is something that can broaden Doom's multiplayer appeal.

After Nintendo kicked off E3 with the incredible Nintendo World Championships, Bethesda had a tall order ahead of it.

Luckily for them, it came out pretty well. It won't win any awards, but it stayed afloat, mostly buoyed by a great Fallout 4 segment.

+ Fallout 4 looked mostly great. (See negatives for exceptions)

+ Fallout 4 looks fully mod-compatible, which is the most important thing about the game.

+ That mobile game looks great. Can't wait for it to come to Android.

+ SnapMap looks cool.

- Fallout 4's dialogue looks horrendously bad and a massive leap backward for the franchise.

- Bethesda still doesn't know how to do animations.
(FO4)

- Dishonored 2 CG trailer... who cares. I love the franchise but CG trailers are meaningless to me.

- Battlecry... yikes.

- "Is Blizzard doing it? Then we are too!" shenanigans.

- I'm already bored of the chainsaw in DOOM, and the game isn't even out

Agreed. I had the feeling that they had decided internally that other big RPG companies were advancing on the story and character front, and it just wasn't where they wanted to compete. Setting it in Boston instead of somewhere more unique for the series is a marker of this too I think.

It's like: People like fiddling with open ended systems, we don't get much of that in big RPGs, let's give them Fallout Minecraft edition.

I had mixed feelings on FO3 and Skyrim, and this seems to be going in the wrong direction for me, but obviously lots of folks will love it.

I'll probably give DOOM a shot, been a while since I played the classic, never got around to Wolfenstein despite that I used to play the original back in High School. DOOM kinda reminded me that it's a bloodier gore(ier)? version of Dead Space... which shouldn't be a bad thing right?

As for Dishonored, I really, really tried to get into the game when I got it for free on the 360. It felt a bit too "on-rails" for me to enjoy it, and couldn't wrap my head around the stealth system. When the game finally opened up a little bit, it was too late and my interest was shot.

It's going to be hard to get the Fallout4 collectors edition. Knowing my luck it'll release when I'm at work and sold out by the time I'll get home and watch the scalpers place it on Ebay for $10,000. At least the app will work without the pip-boy, just like some mods made it appear.

Always has been. He's great in interviews and presents very well. Feels like he's just talking to a bunch of his peers.

I really wish eg. Sony had speakers like this instead of boring suits. He really came across well, clearly loves games but also talked about what games could be in an idealistic sense which I think is what this industry needs if it's going to grow.

Drazgul

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...cluding-fallout-4-panel-with-todd-howard.aspx

The publisher will be hosting a live stage show at its booth, featuring creator panels and interviews. Here's the full schedule:

Tuesday, June 16

1 p.m. Pacific - Doom
A look at Doom with Marty Stratton (executive producer, iD Software) and Hugo Martin (art director, iD Software)

2:30 p.m. - Fallout 4
Interview with game director Todd Howard

Wednesday, June 17

11:00 a.m. - Doom
Roundtable panel with Marty Stratton (executive producer), Hugo Martin (art director), Garrett Young (general manager), and Robert Duffy (chief technical officer)

1:00 p.m. - Fallout 4
Panel discussion with Todd Howard (game director), Emil Pagliarulo (lead designer), Istvan Pely (lead artist), and Jeff Gardiner (lead producer)

4:00 p.m. - Battlecry
A look at Battlecry with Lucas Davis (design director, Battlecry Studios) and Rich Vogel (executive producer, Battlecry Studios)

Thursday, June 18

11:00 a.m. - Doom
Interview with Marty Stratton (executive producer) on the Doom community and how players will get involved

1:00 p.m. - Bethesda Softworks
Pete Hines (vice president, PR and marketing) recaps E3 and talks about the future

3:00 p.m. - Battlecry
Deep dive into character classes with Victor Antonov (visual design director, Zenimax), Lucas Davis (design director, Battlecry Studios), and Rich Vogel (executive producer, Battlecry Studios)

We've reached out to Bethesda to inquire about whether these will be streamed. We'll update should we receive a response.

Update: Bethesda tells us these sessions will not be streamed.

As per the update, I know they won't be streamed, but does anyone know whether they'll be recorded and uploaded later, or is someone at least liveblogging about them? That Fallout panel tomorrow with the lead devs sounds interesting.

Top Bottom