• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda leaked information, its not looking good guys.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
You can still be a fan AND critical of a product, you know. I'll be buying the next Fallout and the next Elder Scrolls, you bet your arse. The only reason I didn't buy 76 wasn't because of the bugs, but because of the shoddy gameplay that was shown for ages beforehand. I wanted Fallout 4 with a buddy. I got the world of fallout 4, with no NPCs, and boring un-inspired quests. Bugs didn't factor into my lack of purchase.

Humdinger

Gold Member
What good's backlash and a wake up call if people are gonna pre-order and buy this stuff regardless of how awful their previous efforts have been?

I didn't buy Fallout 76. I'm not rewarding that.

In probably 4 years, I will buy Elder Scrolls 6. I don't see the point in punishing myself by depriving myself of one of my favorite franchises, just because they screwed up 4 years prior.

That doesn't even make sense behaviorally. The punishment has to be close in time to the behavior, or it isn't effective. For example, if your kid screws up, you don't wait 4 years to punish him and expect him to get it.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
In probably 4 years, I will buy Elder Scrolls 6. I don't see the point in punishing myself by depriving myself of one of my favorite franchises, just because they screwed up 4 years prior.

Just seems weird to admit that a company needs a wake-up call in improving the quality of its products, and then pledging allegiance to their next product regardless of what they do. Seems counterproductive. After FO4 and now this, Bethesda are a "definitely wait and see" company, but hey, that's just me.

Who knows if its real but I wouldn't care if it was. Bethesda Game Studios doesn't make good games anymore. Bethesda as a whole though has published some great games.

i will never take 4chan seriously but i truly hope it is true and that Bethesda crash and burn.

they can't do anything except Elder Scrolls or Fallout. The best ES game right now is ESO and that's not even developed by Bethesda LMFAO. Their games use an ancient engine and they refuse to change it or make a new one.

i'm sorry but it's time to face the truth that Bethesda are no longer what they used to be. Fallout 76 I think is waking people up to this. Unfortunately I think there are still plenty of idiots out there who will still buy the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls game out of sheer blind loyalty.
I can definitely see why nobody would take 4chan seriously
and I can't leave the damn place
but haven't rumors originating from 4chan been right in the past? Its an anonymous site that has no tie to users and emails so its an easy place to put information.

Humdinger

Gold Member
Just seems weird to admit that a company needs a wake-up call in improving the quality of its products, and then pledging allegiance to their next product regardless of what they do. Seems counterproductive. After FO4 and now this, Bethesda are a "definitely wait and see" company, but hey, that's just me.

That's fine. We see things differently. To me, these latest developments are a bad sign, an indicator that Bethesda is losing their way. Otoh, it mostly has to do with a game that never interested me that much to begin with (Fallout 76).

I've enjoyed the Elder Scrolls series so much (as I mentioned, Morrowind and Skyrim are among my favorite games of all time), there's no way I'm going to deprive myself of the next one, because of a need to punish Bethesda for earlier failures.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Of all studios, bethesda should just buy a UE4 license and be fucking done with it. UE4 can make any game they want, has great world building tools, has modding support and isn't made by them (a big plus). Bethesda has proven they cannot develop a properly operating game engine. There is nothing in creation engine that UE4 can't do as well or better.

Oh, and guess what....Multiplayer works in UE4 out of the box!

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
at this point it's hard to really care. you should want these bugs to be fixed because your standards for a game a higher. you know it should be better and you want that.

thing is, ever since Skyrim, the games themselves haven't really put that aspirational goal out there. it's just accepted there will be bugs. on some level i almost feel like it gives them cover, and then the rest of the game is content to reach the level of "mediocre".

Fallout 4's dumbing down of everything probably got far less press than "lol bugs", which if you are a youtuber or streamer, could actually even be a good thing. i wouldn't be surprised if internally they realized the marketability of the bugs.

yeah it sucks, so ill vote w my wallet. im just going to buy games by other companies.

Last edited:

Blam

I'll believe everything but this last one lmao. Very much doubt any of those people who founded BethSoft are part of BCCI lmao.

Regardless I can believe this about Maryland from what I've heard it's dysfunctional to say the least.

Last edited:

danielberg

Neophyte
Sounds all really fake but maybe its true who knows.. they have been right before for example basically leaked everything about the plot in FF15 along with a descritption of the chaos behind the scenes at SE.

Thiagosc777

Sounds fake AF, and if it's not fake it's coming from one of these Jim Sterling fan types who thinks communism will save gaming or something equally ridiculous...

The usual quasi-religious irrational hatred of government regulation. Is it "communistic" to have minimum security standards in cars or should we leave it to companies not to go cheap on security to drive down costs? Creating standards and regulations for things that threaten the environment or the well being of society makes sense. That's what governments are for.

danielberg

Neophyte
The usual quasi-religious irrational hatred of government regulation. Is it "communistic" to have minimum security standards in cars or should we leave it to companies not to go cheap on security to drive down costs? Creating standards and regulations for things that threaten the environment or the well being of society makes sense. That's what governments are for.
We are talking about video games your comparison is dishonest and there are legitimate reason to roll your eyes at jim sterling.
There is still a difference between creating fan outrage so EA backpedals on loot boxes vs literally begging the government the probably only entity that is worse than EA to get involved in the video game industry.
We fought the entire 80s and 90s to get government out of video games and even made up our own regulations to get them off our backs, it takes a true idiot to literally beg the government to come back into the industry to start banning and to hope they will stop when you want it.

Last edited:

Thiagosc777

We are talking about video games your comparison is dishonest and there are legitimate reason to roll your eyes at jim sterling.
There is still a difference between creating fan outrage so EA backpedals on loot boxes vs literally begging the government the probably only entity that is worse than EA to get involved in the video game industry. It takes a true fucking idiot to literally beg the government to start banning stuff in and around your hobby and who thinks or rather hopes they will stop when you want it.

Who's begging? People would like companies to behave in a rational way where everyone can benefit from, but they refuse to self-regulate and to acknowledge any problem. The only way for this to change is for the government to get involved and force them to change.

We ran out of options. It's the government or F2P mobile crap in every game forever.

danielberg

Neophyte
Who's begging? People would like companies to behave in a rational way where everyone can benefit from, but they refuse to self-regulate and to acknowledge any problem. The only way for this to change is for the government to get involved and force them to change.

We ran out of options. It's the government or F2P mobile crap in every game forever.
I consider what jim sterling does basically begging because people just eat it up and pressure politicians to please get involved in the video game industry again, which to me is just stupid.
I just hope they only do it for cheap votes and never find anything actually that tingles their balls into action because anyone that thinks the gov actual cares what a bunch of gamers think or cares about gambling clearly has never heard about the lottery, meaning the gov only cares about gambling in so far as to what they can get out of it how much money or votes.
Best case scenario is they spit on some lootboxes for cheap votes and piss off again.

Last edited:
Yeah, as much as I would want some of this to be true (namely the studio being in panic mode which ensures they don't push out shit like this again).... it reads like bullshit. The last part goes off the rails.

Last edited:
I believe it. Something has to have gone wrong with Starfield development. They've been talking about building this new IP forever. I still believe the 13 year roadmap leak from 1.5 years ago. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same person. Other than it getting a couple details on Fallout 76 and Starfield reveal wrong it seems to have been on the money.

And that CEO is shady.

I'm hoping that the massive backlash from 76 (overstated if you ask me) causes positive changes at BGS and not overbearing corporate level circling of the wagons so to speak.

I'll fault BGS all day for being lazy with their tech, game design improvements and polish but they have thrived from what seems like relatively little oversight, outputting games that still have an air of ambition to them, even if that's been streamlined with each release. I'd hate to see the likes of Robert Altman dictating how they do things from now on. That would be the ultimate monkey paw to the way-too-late BGS backlash.

BANGS

Banned
We... we're...

We're talking about video games...

We ran out of options.
No, you're just whining that not every game is tailor made to cater to you. You're option is simple, don't buy those games. Buy games that you like and don't buy games you don't, and like fucking magic there suddenly isn't a problem worth crying to daddy Trump about...

Last edited:

Filben

In probably 4 years, I will buy Elder Scrolls 6.
But you could at least wait a few days longer to see if TES VI is messed up (like F76) or not.

Why would Bethesda change even a bit when people blindly buy day one and pre-order? We're not asking to skip a title from your favourite franchise, we're asking to wait just a few days longer (to make up your mind) and don't support that kind of day-one mess. I'm not even saying that TES VI will have the same issues as F76, but since we simply cannot tell, I can only urge people to not give in. Hell, if you wanted to buy F76 and just waited three weeks, you could have gotten it for 25 EUR instead of 60 here. If that's not a reason when 'the cause' isn't one.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Don't see why a failure of a game like 76 (that they can still turn around) would cause panic, they can probably live comfortably off Skyrim profits for ages more. Maybe from Fallout Shelter also :p

Last edited:

Harlock

Parts look more true. And resembles Blizzard. Is like devs just can't make AAA games different from before and keep resenting in loop. For that, kudos to Guerrilla Games, for example, who was able to make Horizon. A very different game from Killzone.

Barakov

Could be real, could be fake. Hard to say. Given some of the crappy things Bethesda has done, as well as their history as a developer and what people know about the working conditions of the videogame industry at large, it's not that much of stretch to say some of this might be true. But anonymous rumors should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Raitoningu

Banned
Fake or not, their next turds are always going to be a generic outdated boring poorly animated bugs ridden shitfest, typically PC developers hallmark.

The pleb will happily bend over so why bother make a quality product.

Pallas

Considering it’s Bethesda, and that 4chan /v/ has been known at times to leak accurate information coupled with their CEO actually being in trouble with the law, it could be believable or an easily attached string of lies to be constructed from several unrelated truths.

It’s Bethesda though...

zeorhymer

i remember BCCI scandal a bunch of indian pakistanis scammers. how are they involved with Bethesda?
The CEO of Bethesda is the guy who helped do the filings for the bank takeover.

On another note, it could be the truth or it could be not. With what has been happening with the company, I'm leaning that it's the truth.

What good's backlash and a wake up call if people are gonna pre-order and buy this stuff regardless of how awful their previous efforts have been?

What, you don't think there is any backlash going on for Fallout 76? Wake up. The problem I see are internet dweebs who want the world to burn. They took a chance on an online Fallout, so what. Does that mean I should punish them for their next game if it's a good game I want to play? If people want to get sucked into pre-ordering games that's their problem trying to get collectables. I bet a lot of those people who do buy the limited editions are scalpers anyways, it explains why you can always find them online at a higher price.

I can believe this to an extent. As I really doubt the Creation Engine can do the things Starfield wants to do like Space Combat.

It's vague and plausible at the same time, can't make much out of it but it seems to line up with what we're seeing; long gaps between games with nothing to show, fallout 76, blades delayed, etc.

I wouldn't detract from what Bethesda has achieved in the past because, buggy or not, they take on massively ambitious projects with lots of moving parts and complexity that few other developers would attempt and they've made mostly playable games. Hoping they get things in order again.

Humdinger

Gold Member
But you could at least wait a few days longer to see if TES VI is messed up (like F76) or not.

Why would Bethesda change even a bit when people blindly buy day one and pre-order? We're not asking [you] to skip a title from your favourite franchise, we're asking [you] to wait just a few days longer (to make up your mind) and don't support that kind of day-one mess.

Maybe. I'll let you know my decision in 4 years.

Kreydo

Maybe. I'll let you know my decision in 4 years.
Just buy it day one! Better, pre-order the collector with the plastic toy in it! It will surely send a clear message to Bethesda in improving their game ;)

These supposed fans... responsible of their own demise are just relentless.

Last edited:

ZehDon

TautSomeBurro-size_restricted.gif

Top Bottom