• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonm1010

Banned
Man, I don´t know.

If GTA V just came out on current gen people here would try to convince everybody how it never could have been made on last gen.

And yet..
But gtav at its core is a last gen game. And it was held back by the limitations of the consoles considerably. It Just got very well polished for PC. And that was with hundreds or even thousands of people working on it.

Like another poster said, just remember the ram issue for skyrim on ps3. Or the people pointing out ways mgsv is being held back.

That game(skyrim) was essentially broken for a long time and still isn't worth praising. Now try doing the physically based rendering of witcher 3 that had to be downgraded considerably just for current gen on 512mb of ram and a 2007 GPU. The game would have to be scaled down in a lot of ways and designed differently in others. If you were aiming for a quality experience.

Euron

What are some examples of things developers didn't do in the next-gen version because of cross-gen?
One of my biggest complaints about Bethesda games has been environment repetition, the subway in Fallout 3 and the dungeons in Skyrim being the biggest offenders. With more RAM in current gen consoles, not only can developers make BIGGER worlds (probably the most notable advantage of not being cross gen) but they can create more diverse worlds since they have room for more textures and assets.

yX3FjLx.gif

PA system failure has occured.
Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.
Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

From the source.

Woffls

So glad I found my Gamecube memory card. Can't wait for this. Already cleared a shelf for the boxes of discs.

Ambient80

Someone on Reddit found this; code for pre-order stuff for PC, PS4 and X1. Nothing for last gen systems.

wLBSgiO.jpg

Black Ops 3 has the same thing tho right? Can only preorder for current gen but last gen is almost certainly going to exist. Not saying they're directly comparable but I wouldn't take this as a final truth of it being current gen only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom