• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda sent a Starfield review copy to the Fallout 4 DLSS modder who will release a DLSS 2 and 3 mod at launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Based on the following post taken from r/Starfield:

Lz0rO80.jpg

This seems intentional to avoid voiding the agreement with AMD

Last edited:

EDMIX

Fucking AMD and there shitty contracts.

I mean, I'm rocking a 6950, but I'm in the middle of another build with a 4090, but I agree.

Nevermind fuck AMD, fuck Bethesda and MS for even excepting such a deal. I'm sure my 6950 build will run the game just fine, everything ultra, but still...I hate the feeling of knowing getting a 4090 build up and running will have features missing based on some dumbass deal with AMD.

Keep in mind, I'm sure those with 4090s and shit will be just fine, still feel such deals should really be happening in the hardware space like this.

hlm666

Hope the review copy was not a steam only one, would be amusing if the final twist was the dlss mod not working on the microsoft store/gamepass version.

Esppiral

Can someone explain me how that modder was implementing DLSS 3 to starfield before having access to the game? Thanks.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
FYI, he’s stated on Reddit that he didn’t get a code, but his comments that he’d have the mod ready day one is because he already has the workflow complete for adding it to dx12 games.

He’s also said on Discord the mod won’t be free.

hoP9wpZ.jpg
This should be added to OP. Eveyone can stop praising the greedy modder and Bethesda now. Mods should be free yet he asks for money. Scumbag.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Big brain move to capitalize on the controversy.

Leader-Marvel-Comics-Hulk-Stern.jpg

Is he getting paid for doing an ungodly amount of programming work for the largest software company on earth?

His mods arent free, so he will be getting money either which way.
And hes done this mod so many times most of the code is totally reusable.
Its not an ungodly amount of programming.

I mean, I'm rocking a 6950, but I'm in the middle of another build with a 4090, but I agree.

Nevermind fuck AMD, fuck Bethesda and MS for even excepting such a deal. I'm sure my 6950 build will run the game just fine, everything ultra, but still...I hate the feeling of knowing getting a 4090 build up and running will have features missing based on some dumbass deal with AMD.

Keep in mind, I'm sure those with 4090s and shit will be just fine, still feel such deals should really be happening in the hardware space like this.
Do you think you need DLSS with a 4090 to run a game made to run on the Series S?

Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom