• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda sent a Starfield review copy to the Fallout 4 DLSS modder who will release a DLSS 2 and 3 mod at launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I love that hey is willing to do this, but people should not praise it at all. It shows that Bethesda just did a bad job going with AMD in this. I’m curious about Starfield, but im not gonna pay a modder for the shitty practice from Bethesda and AMD.

Tommi84

That's one way of never having any other deal with AMD.

Good job!

PS. Yes, this is shady AF.
PSS. Yes, having a deal with AMD and allowing this in the first place is shady AF, too

Last edited:

damidu

lol this guy will make bank, how much do they usually ask for these mods

also lol at fanboys trying to spin this as a save for bethesda. this is at best, them fucking over amd, on top players.
now i have to buy a graphic setting as my first dlc of the game. lucky me

Last edited:

KaiserBecks

Okay so Bethesda won't add DLSS because AMD gave them money, but are okay with a modder adding DLSS to their game who sells said mod for money?

How is any of this based? This is retarded as fuck.

It's almost like it's a rumor that's been denied already.

willothedog

Yeah, I'm sure poor little microsoft could barely scrap a couple of bucks to finish the game if it wasn't for some AMD sponsorship...

Fucking seriously lol...

Well, they do make their console APUs (AMD) so who knows what deal was struck...

Last edited:
Todd, you're a genius.
Todd, you're an idiot.

turntables GIF

Katatonic

So MS fucks the consumer by making the deal with AMD then fucks AMD by purposely sending an early copy of the game to a modder so he/she can add DLSS.

Yeah real class act.

Roni

Gold Member
I mean, I'm rocking a 6950, but I'm in the middle of another build with a 4090, but I agree.

Nevermind fuck AMD, fuck Bethesda and MS for even excepting such a deal. I'm sure my 6950 build will run the game just fine, everything ultra, but still...I hate the feeling of knowing getting a 4090 build up and running will have features missing based on some dumbass deal with AMD.

Keep in mind, I'm sure those with 4090s and shit will be just fine, still feel such deals should really be happening in the hardware space like this.
That's a lot of bad feelings... You sure that's not having an impact on your health?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
You need it and/or Frame Generation to run at 120fps with maxed setting.
120 fps with framegen ISN'T 120 fps. It doesn't have the benefits of input lag and it does produce some visual artifacts.

However, it is a nice feature, to help smooth out the motion. It basically does motion interpolation at the GPU level.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Do you think you need DLSS with a 4090 to run a game made to run on the Series S?

Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse
Based on how piss poor PC ports have been this year, I expect the performance to suck ass.

I am also expecting to be stuck at 60 fps max since Gamebryo engine games lock at 60.

But who knows? Maybe this will be THE game that MS finally has a solid launch. Releases relatively bug free with minor performance issues.

I wont be playing it on my XSX console because....fuck 30 fps.

Mister Wolf

120 fps with framegen ISN'T 120 fps. It doesn't have the benefits of input lag and it does produce some visual artifacts.

However, it is a nice feature, to help smooth out the motion. It basically does motion interpolation at the GPU level.

It is 120hz in motion on my display. Once I hit a framerate between 60-90fps native, conversations about input lag become pointless. I'm not playing Counter Strike. The people who downplay Frame Generation are people who do not have access to it. Sour grapes.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It is 120hz in motion on my display. Once I hit a framerate between 60-90fps native, conversations about input lag become pointless. The people who downplay Frame Generation are people who do not have access to it. Sour grapes.
I have a 4090. I do have access to it and it can be quirky at times. It broke the Witcher 3 next gen.

Mister Wolf

Yeah, it’s a finishing touch. I’d love to see it in conjunction with ULMB2

Baldurs Gate 3 could use it in those CPU heavy areas like the city. The Frame Generation mod served me well in Jedi Survivor. The game is damn near unplayable with raytracing without it. Very CPU limited in scenes.

Last edited:

Fbh

It's like the old saying
"If it ain't fixed, don't fix it because the community will".
Or something like that

Ar¢tos

By that stupid logic every mod should be paid. Lemme know how that would work out.
*sigh*
Defending the right of someone charging for their work doesn't mean every mod should be paid. It's up to mod creator to decide if he wants to charge or not for it.

The only thing I wonder about all this let it be true or false, are the legal implications if they really provided a copy for this specific situation.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
*sigh*
Defending the right of someone charging for their work doesn't mean every mod should be paid. It's up to mod creator to decide if he wants to charge or not for it.

By charging for a mod, you're setting up a precedent, not a good one. Defend it all you like, still scummy. I'd gladly donate money to someone doing fine work for free like the people that made reshade or flawless widescreen or the thousands of other modders that fixed Bethesda's games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom