• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda sent a Starfield review copy to the Fallout 4 DLSS modder who will release a DLSS 2 and 3 mod at launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

This is going to the be the mod that they use to try and coax us back towards paid mods (that Bethesda get a cut of) isn't it?

By charging for a mod, you're setting up a precedent, not a good one. Defend it all you like, still scummy. I'd gladly donate money to someone doing fine work for free like the people that made reshade or flawless widescreen or the thousands of other modders that fixed Bethesda's games.

It's the kind of precedent that Bethesda and Microsoft would love to set, especially judging by their past behaviour.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Do you think you need DLSS with a 4090 to run a game made to run on the Series S?

Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

lol nahhh, i've never suggested anything like that, merely that its fucked up they did this deal with AMD

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Baldurs Gate 3 could use it in those CPU heavy areas like the city. The Frame Generation mod served me well in Jedi Survivor. The game is damn near unplayable with raytracing without it. Very CPU limited in scenes.
I turned ray tracing off. I didn't notice enough of a difference for the performance cost.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Same way it works for literally every other good on the planet? Does the customer find it valuable? Yes? Buy. No? Don't buy. Revolutionary, huh?
Unless you live on other planets not all goods are paid. Also:
By charging for a mod, you're setting up a precedent, not a good one. Defend it all you like, still scummy. I'd gladly donate money to someone doing fine work for free like the people that made reshade or flawless widescreen or the thousands of other modders that fixed Bethesda's games.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I like where this discussion has gone. This shouldn't be a thing we're paying for regardless of welcoming it. I won't be paying, that's for sure. It's just going to make people want to get it free elsewhere.

Vox Machina

Banned
I like where this discussion has gone. This shouldn't be a thing we're paying for regardless of welcoming it. I won't be paying, that's for sure. It's just going to make people want to get it free elsewhere.

In this particular case I think it would be nice if the developer added it, but I was talking more about content with custom assets, writing, voice acting, etc.

Last edited:

GHG

Same way it works for literally every other good on the planet? Does the customer find it valuable? Yes? Buy. No? Don't buy. Revolutionary, huh?

$MSFT

Ah so they are going to try and reintroduce paid mods via this game.

Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom