• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Nasser

So, what songs from Juana you all think Gaga is going to perform during the SB? I am leaning towards a short ver. of Perfect Illusion, A-Yo and/or Dancing in Circles but I can totally see her including Come to Mama.

She has 12 minutes to perform Just Dance and Bad Romance twice

Ahasverus

So, what songs from Juana you all think Gaga is going to perform during the SB? I am leaning towards a short ver. of Perfect Illusion, A-Yo and/or Dancing in Circles but I can totally see her including Come to Mama.
Diamond Heart, John Wayne and Dancing in Circles, the album commercial trinity. Great songs btw.
Yeah, he is a very handsome fella... too bad his music belong in the garbage bin =
Addicted though.

I just checked and Joanne is actually shorter than TFM.

I think what I dislike most about this album is how disingenuous a lot of it feels. lyrics as if she's lived in Texas her whole life when we know it's literally just been new york for her lmao

Vazduh

I just checked and Joanne is actually shorter than TFM.

WTF, how is that even possible?

bqdYUV9.gif

JUST ANOTHER DAY

Omg this song is pure love. A complete ode to Stefani's roots. My wig is OFF

she probably scrapped whatever lg5 was when she heard Daddy Issues by Beyonce and decided to make Joanne

Every country-twanged song on Joanne is superior to Daddy Issues, but I appreciate King Bey for trying.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So I re-listened to Gaga's albums today after being bored and ranked them as so:

TFM>TF=Joanne>BTW=ARTPOP

Honestly Joanne is great and I'm so glad she finally released a mostly acoustic/country-lite album. I don't think she can or wants to re-create the type of amazingness that The Fame and The Fame Monster ever again. It was a pure fun pop album that had nothing to say except "have fun," while Born This Way & Artpop was to appeal to her "little monsters," and they were both not very good, apart from a handful of songs. I think the only question we have now is to ask what direction is she going to go next?

rhandino

Banned
So I re-listened to Gaga's albums today after being bored and ranked them as so:

TFM>TF=Joanne>BTW=ARTPOP
I endorse this correct opinion

fJjIjHy.gif

After listening to Joanne (will make my Review on GIf's after work) I still feel that TF and TFM where hes best work because the songs and visuals where for the most part a big "Have fun and happy time" which I adore in most of the pop music I consume while most of her latter work lacked that special something except for 1 or 2 songs in each of them while the rest was bogged down by her trying tew much.

Ummmm, while writing this I think that after a few more listens I could put Joanne = BTW in my personal ranking... let me go back and listen to John Wayne and Dancin in Circles once again.

He reminds me of myself when Britney Jean came out. Literary 2 weeks later I realized it was TRASH, just like Joanne

Umm, if you want to compare my personal lows to Britney's basket of deplorable LPs then you can look to my posts stanning Lotus when it dropped. I'll never live that one down tbh. But nice try lumping Joanne into all that.

rhandino

Banned
To be fair Lady Gaga's Lotus/Britney Jean/MDNA is ARTPOP and the less we talk about it the better for all of us.

And speaking of career ending flops where is Xtincta Vitaguilera? Even Britney Spears managed to make a semi-successful comeback so i am sure she can try too.

kHHC9Mj.gif

Yado

The only album of hers worse than Joanne is The Fame tbh. Joanne isn't pleasing to the ear but The Fame is so basic it hurts.

Nasser

Umm, if you want to compare my personal lows to Britney's basket of deplorable LPs then you can look to my posts stanning Lotus when it dropped. I'll never live that one down tbh. But nice try lumping Joanne into all that.

Joanne reviews are coming in now, and it looks like it's gonna be critically panned. Sad to see Gaga isn't able to release one original and good album after TFM

Slant Magazine gave ARTPOP a 70

soooooooooooo

Artpop is better obviously. Anything is better than that GARBAGE

Joanne reviews are coming in now, and it looks like it's gonna be critically panned. Sad to see Gaga isn't able to release one original and good album after TFM

Artpop is better obviously. Anything is better than that GARBAGE

Take a breath, go listen to Glory sis

Anyway, looks like Gaga's releasing a behind-the-scenes miniseries called "Making Joanne," presumably about the making of Joanne. Part 1 drops tomorrow. Hoping it's more than a 4 minute Gagavision incarnate 🙏🏽

Joanne is not as good as ARTPOP. It has some good tracks but they're the ones where Gaga isn't pretending that she grew up in Tennessee and votes for the R candidate every election.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Joanne is not as good as ARTPOP. It has some good tracks but they're the ones where Gaga isn't pretending that she grew up in Tennessee and votes for the R candidate every election.

Agreed. It's interesting to see everyone coming around on ARTPOP now that Joanne is looking like a critical and commercial flop. I'd say Rebel Heart is better than Joanne too.

Such a shame. Gaga's 2015 Sound of Music tribute, where she proved herself to have surpassed Mariah in her prime vocally, had me so excited for her new album. Her tributes, acting award, and prerelease buzz was really hyping up something amazing and then this...😳 She could have farted in a sound booth for 45 minutes and pressed the sounds to a disc and it would have been more exciting than Joanne.

Oh well, at least we'll always have Born This Way, which will remain her best album for the foreseeable future.

Floridian

Lady Gaga has arrived unadorned before; over the last couple of years, it has become something of a default mode: her collaboration with Tony Bennett on the album “Cheek to Cheek,” which won the Grammy for best traditional pop vocal album last year, or her “Sound of Music” tribute at the Oscars the same year. These performances were ostentatious in a different way — nude makeup, but makeup nonetheless.

So, on “Joanne,” she goes on a fishing expedition for inspiration. No pop album in recent memory has featured such a wide array of collaborations that strip those collaborators of their particular charms. Mark Ronson appears throughout this album, as a songwriter and producer, but there’s precious little of his reliable funk. “Dancin’ in Circles,” a songwriting collaboration with Beck, sounds like a No Doubt demo. Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age plays guitar on a handful of songs, but none with anything close to his usual ferocity. The Florence Welch duet “Hey Girl” sounds like Motown, but Ms. Welch’s singing isn’t nearly as brazen as it ordinarily is (though it easily outclasses Lady Gaga’s).

As a result, her music can seem like an old memory, not a recent one. And pop moves quickly: Note her recent tiff with the club-pop dopes in the Chainsmokers, who said in an interview that they didn’t enjoy “Perfect Illusion.” She responded, coolly, on Twitter, in what felt like a mother dismissing an impudent child.

Which is fair: The Chainsmokers don’t see dance music as avant-garde theater or sociopolitical provocation. They see it as quick-stepping pop, which, though it’s fuzzy in the rearview, is also part of Lady Gaga’s legacy. That they were allergic to “Perfect Illusion” makes sense. But instead of taking offense and tossing off a tweet, she should maybe give them a call.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/20/arts/music/review-lady-gaga-joanne.html

Joanne only getting mixed reviews like this. Jeez.

rhandino

Banned
lda;lskdja;lskdsa;ld at Mark Ronson and Lady Gaga steam [PRESSED] at Patrick Carney for his criticism towards Perfect Illusion.

I am pretty sure that all involved expected this era to flop commercially but at least they would get that precious critical acclaim but that plan is already going bust as we speak if the mixed reviews keep pouring.

bqdYUV9.gif

rhandino

Banned
In a side note I hope you all are percheD for Donald v Hillary that is going to happen in a few hours.

If anyone told me early that the guests for this debate would include Obama muslim half-brother, Bill Clinton alleged bastard son, the mother of Benjamin Ghazi and Sarah Palin I would have died of laughter on the spot.

tumblr_n9rdvzLqbr1qe1yb5o1_400.gif

B-Dex

American Politics are a joke. When will your country leader get a spread in Vogue? Take pictures with pandas? March in pride parades across the nation? Legalize weed countrywide?

Nope. Instead we get to read about their children wanting to see "mulatto cocks" and dragging former illicit lovers to debates.

Top Bottom