• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Two Souls is coming on PS4 if we trust Gameblog.fr

Famassu

PlayStation Europe boss Jim Ryan says remaking certain PS3 games like The Last of Us for the PS4 audience is "just common sense", but the firm must take care not to let the old generation define the new one.

"But I think it's got to be looked at very holistically, you can't have too many of these things otherwise next-gen just looks like rehashed last-gen and we certainly don't want that."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=876254
Two remasters from the last year of PS3 before PS4 is hardly "too many"

grimmiq

Two remasters from the last year of PS3 before PS4 is hardly "too many"

TLOU, Tomb Raider, Beyond Two Souls, GTA V, Metro/Last Light, Sleeping Dogs. I know most aren't exclusives..but that is a lot of remasters.

With a new Mass Effect in development, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Mass Effect HD trilogy, I think we'll definitely see an Uncharted trilogy..knowing SE's need to get a quick buck, we'll probably see a FFXIII trilogy.

Jawmuncher

Hopefully it's true which would be good news for everyone.
Recently played through on PS3 and absolutely loved it. Wanted to play more but decided to hold off in case they do something like this.

Famassu

TLOU, Tomb Raider, Beyond Two Souls, GTA V, Metro/Last Light, Sleeping Dogs. I know most aren't exclusives..but that is a lot of remasters.

With a new Mass Effect in development, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Mass Effect HD trilogy, I think we'll definitely see an Uncharted trilogy..knowing SE's need to get a quick buck, we'll probably see a FFXIII trilogy.
That Sony exec was obviously talking about Sony themselves, mostly. Having TLOU and a few smaller PSN titles brought over to PS4 is hardly overblow. And six HD remasters overall is hardly all that bad either, especially when it's games like GTAV and Metro that suffered from being on dated hardware like PS360.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

All are considering newer games as well ( TloU= 2013, Metro LL=2013,Metro=2010, Beyond= 2013, Sleeping Dogs=2012) that is another issue here with this gen remasters. as I said before if publishers really want to remaster they should go for some older titles from 2005~2010 (especially on PS3 since it was very expensive and many people didn't get it back then and missed the early exclusives games)

All are considering newer games as well ( TloU= 2013, Metro LL=2013,Metro=2010, Beyond= 2013, Sleeping Dogs=2012) that is another issue here with this gen remasters. as I said before if publishers really want to remaster they should go for some older titles from 2005~2010 (especially on PS3 since it was very expensive and many people didn't get it back then and missed the early exclusives games)
I know you just want Folklore :D

Only one of those is a Sony game though.

I know you just want Folklore :D

Ah man, that game was so friggen awesome.

GavinUK86

I would buy this day one. One of my favourite games of last gen.

I wish they would include a way of playing in chronological order though.

SerTapTap

I'd throw down $60 for a PS4 Folklore with the DLC built in. The lightbar and speaker would go PERFECTLY when yanking the souls out of creatures.

Omigawd it'd be perfect. And WTF, Wipeout and Warhawk HAVE to be on PS4. Even just remasters. Warhawk especially deserves a second chance.

Famassu

There's as much reason & logic to bringing newer games to new platforms as there is to old games. 1) people save for new console generations and miss some late generation games, 2) late generation games push the platforms past their limits, resulting in less than ideal performance, 3) a lot of people shift from one platform holder's console to another's during generational shifts, people who will not have played past exclusives, 4) a lot of games like the Metro games & Sleeping Dogs weren't superhuge sellers' so bringing them to the new generation during their first couple of years brings them more visibility, 5) a lot of the older games you want are more or less dead and buried, but Sleeping Dogs, Metro etc.will have sequels on PS4Bone, so building their fan base will be extremely important because game development ain't getting any cheaper6) some people get kind of tired of consoles at some point if their lifespan and lose interest in buying a lot of games for old consoles, also leading them to miss some gems late in console's life

ClearData

The game is a revival marvel, I think. The visuals they achieved on PS3 were top notch. If the give the game a resolution bump and perhaps a better control scheme then it'd be a good remaster. Cage's writing is hit or miss with a lot of people though. So it's definitely a matter of preference.

Ahzrei

Banned
Actually loved this game. Will totally buy on PS4, especially if it's a "director's cut" like the rumors say.

Wasn't a good game so i don't see the point.

Seems to me that heavy rain would be a better candidate since it at least got good reviews.

This game, along with Puppeteer, I can see being likely remasters. They were released on the tail end of the PS3's life cycle and didn't get the recognition they deserved.

It seems Beyond 2 Souls is a hit or miss for many people though. I personally loved it mainly because of the strong performances by Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe. Didn't like how the story jumped around in time because I completed the game over multiple play sessions, but I appreciated the game itself (yea even the Navajo weirdness). Would be amazing if this remaster is done in the Dark Sorcerer demo tech.

20cent

Banned
Well I'm french and this is an advice.

Never trust Gameblog.fr for anything.

Okay, maybe for Quantic games at least

Bad troll.
You have the right to not like their tone or contents but they always came up with rumors that became true eventually (RE / AC / console SKUs related). As for Quantic Games, they always have exclusive interviews/Cage's blog entries/etc..

I love QD games and i even wanted to buy beyond two souls , however for some reason i couldn't buy it.
( if only the digital version on PSn was cheaper ) .

I really want to play it , because i loves every QD game so far.. so if true i guess i'll wait for a PS4 version

Suddenly im really excited

The domain singularityps4.com was registered by QD in Nov 2013
click for Kotaku article about this
It's worth noting that "David Cage acknowledged futurist Ray Kurzweil's recent book The Singularity is Near as a chief influence on Quantic Dream's "Kara" tech demo"

domain registration:
Domain Name: singularityps4.com
Registry Domain ID: 1757149276_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.gandi.net
Registrar URL: http://www.gandi.net
Updated Date: 2013-10-23T18:56:46Z
Creation Date: 2012-11-05T09:01:58Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-11-05T09:01:58Z
Registrar: GANDI SAS
Registrar IANA ID: 81
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@support.gandi.net
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +33.170377661
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status:
Domain Status:
Domain Status:
Domain Status:
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: None None
Registrant Organization: QUANTIC DREAM SA
Registrant Street: 56, boulevard DAVOUT
Registrant City: Paris
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: 75020
Registrant Country: FR
Registrant Phone: +33.144640090
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +33.144640089
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: e3768479a80b2c8f379491290c6d1864-305664@contact.gandi.net
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: None None
Admin Organization: QUANTIC DREAM SA
Admin Street: 56, boulevard DAVOUT
Admin City: Paris
Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code: 75020
Admin Country: FR
Admin Phone: +33.144640090
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +33.144640089
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: e3768479a80b2c8f379491290c6d1864-305664@contact.gandi.net
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: None None
Tech Organization: QUANTIC DREAM SA
Tech Street: 56, boulevard DAVOUT
Tech City: Paris
Tech State/Province:
Tech Postal Code: 75020
Tech Country: FR
Tech Phone: +33.144640090
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +33.144640089
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: e3768479a80b2c8f379491290c6d1864-305664@contact.gandi.net
Name Server: A.DNS.GANDI.NET
Name Server: B.DNS.GANDI.NET
Name Server: C.DNS.GANDI.NET
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
DNSSEC: Unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-08-28T13:40:01Z <<<

SAiLO

Guess I'll have to bite. The demo on last year's EGX looked very impressive but then PS4 came out and there was no point in buying another game for the good old PS3.

La Poisse

Neo Member
I am expecting a Dark Souls 2: "Prepare to Die Edition" with the Season pass and all DLC included. It would be dumb as fuck to to release it plus it also got spotted on Tesco awhile ago.

Wouldn't that be redundant, with Bloodborne on the horizon ? It seems to me like they should have all the focus on their shiny new game, but I guess there's still quite a bit of time until then.

As for the subject at hand, I didn't dislike Beyond : Two Souls, but I strongly preferred Heavy Rain. I guess I like more realistic settings, and the twist/reveal was much better thought-out than in Beyond. I still cried like a schoolgirl a few times, though.

You hope the game didn't sell because you didn't like it? That's one of the most ignorant statements I've heard on here in a long time.

Well that's a nice attitude to have. Just because you did not personally like something you want it to fail?

I worded my post pretty badly, sorry.

What I meant (somehow) was that this game was riding on Heavy Rain's coattails, and from the start (to me) it always looked pretty average or even a little dire if I'm honest. There are many more games that deserve a fix up over this. I feel like they want to re-release it because it probably didn't match its budget and they need to squeeze that extra £$€ out of it to make it profitable.

DieH@rd

Banned
Awesome game. But same as Heavy Rain, I don't want to play it again to spoil the great adventure I had when I originally played them.

I will maybe replay it toward end of PS4 lifecycle. In the meantime Sony will release both Until Dawn and Singularity, so that long wait wont be too hard. :)

camo

Has anyone heard anything more on this? My girlfriend has been bugging me to buy it on PS3 but I'd sooner have it on the PS4 instead.

Top Bottom