• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Two Souls is coming on PS4 if we trust Gameblog.fr

eFKac

A GoW collection in fall 2016 followed by GoW4 in Spring '17 would have been great. GoW3 by itself is definitely an odd one.

Sure I'd understand that.

As it stands we're getting the last game of a quadrology, a 5 year old game at that, with a sequel not even clearly a direct successor, somewhere far on the horizon. It's really bizzare, except for being a empty space filler, which imo is the most dirty use of a remaster.

Also lol, seems a lot of people did not read the OP and are not aware this is a 9 month bump.

Rupe

Neo Member
This one was undeniably the low point of their release catalogue so far though, admittedly.

Wait this was worse than Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy)? Yikes. Fahrenheit still holds as one of my favorite openings ever, but dear god, that story went so far off the rails, to this day I have no idea how I was able to finish.

The game was a commercial success though?

If I'm not mistaken it broke the 1M barrier, but was probably far from Sony's expectations.

SerTapTap

I'm not against remasters, but of all the games available, this certainly seems like an odd choice. I'd rather they find something else to remaster.

This is like one of the best choices for a remaster IMO.

1) Assets are perfectly fine, so a remaster is acceptable rather than a major remake
2) It is majorly harmed by the resolution and to a lesser extent the framerate of it's PS3 version. The game is jaggie-city and at least in the desert the framerate is a problem even for a 30FPS game
3) It is a PS3 exclusive and like half of PS4 owners didn't have a PS3
4) even if you did have a PS3, many PS4 owners may have sold them and may have not been avid buyers of late last-gen content
5) Again, it being PS3 exclusive (or console exclusive in general) means there's no PC version to run natively (or modded) at higher res or otherwise preserve

If this game isn't fit for a remaster I'm not really sure what is.

The game was a commercial success though?

A million in 3 months, probably a success considering long tail + >$60m in sales for a <$60 million game (Wikipedia claims $27m for the game $18m in marketing)

Has anyone heard anything more on this? My girlfriend has been bugging me to buy it on PS3 but I'd sooner have it on the PS4 instead.

You can get it for $16 on amazon, I'd just buy it. "worst" case, it's remastered as a budget release on PS4 and you can trade in your PS3 copy if you even want to replay, and if it's not a budget release on PS4 I really can't recommend it. I enjoyed the game, but it's clearly experimental and a $20 price tag is right about perfect for it.

Percy

Banned
Not really.

I'm just going by the fact the only press I can recall ever reading about the game's reception has claimed it was successful. I never followed any actual sales figures for it at the time though, so fair enough if I got it wrong.

Edit: ^^^ Ah, that's clearer. Thanks for the info, Sir Taptap.

Pilgrimzero

Loved Beyond, one of my fave games of the previous gen.

Which is surprising because I haven't liked any of this companies previous games.

I'm just going by the fact the only press I can recall ever reading about the game's reception has claimed it was successful. I never followed any actual sales figures for it at the time though, so fair enough if I got it wrong.

Edit: ^^^ Ah, that's clearer. Thanks for the info, Sir Taptap.

The game was going for $20 a few months after release and if you paid attention to the charts it was obvious the game underperformed.
I doubt sony is happy with sales in the 1-1.5 million range considering the game's production values and the fact that it sold less than Heavy Rain. Considering their efforts in giving Cage what he wanted, even going as far as recruiting Hollywood talent, I think it's safe to assume they were hoping for growth after HR's unexpected success and figured that type of game had an audience worth pursuing.
On the other hand, a remaster could be a way to squeeze a few more dollars out of it.

Going by this tweet it doesn't sound like Yoshida was too impressed with the game either.

Top Bottom