• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biker gang shoot out in Waco, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
A gun fight between two (potentially three) different motorcycle gangs erupted in the middle of a Twin Peaks restaurant during lunch hours today (May 17) in Waco, TX. This is on the scale of dozens of gang members going at it at once. According to police nothing on this scale has ever been seen in the region before (up to 100 weapons from gang members have been found at the scene so far). EMS and law enforcement has been called in from several adjacent counties to assist.

Gangs have called for back up and it seems that additional gang members from other states are moving in as we speak. It's unclear if, when or where a second confrontation might happen.

7797187_G.jpg

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Waco-Shooting-Near-Twin-Peaks-In-Waco-304043711.html

WACO: (May 17, 2015) Waco police Sunday afternoon, assisted by Hewitt officers and deputies from the McLennan County Sheriff's Office were surrounding the Twin Peaks Restaurant, in the Central Texas Market Place after several people were reported shot during a rival motorcycle gang fight.

The fight broke out just after noon when two rival gangs got into a fight that erupted into gun fire.

A witness who was having lunch across the parking lot at Don Carlos Mexican Resaturant said he and his family had just finished eating and walked into the parking lot when they heard several gunshots and saw wounded being taken from the fight scene.

"We crouched down in front of our pick-up truck because that was the only cover we had," the man, who asked not to be identified, said.

Damn, sounds like some GTA shit.

Anyone in the area?

UPDATES:

+18 injured after hearing the local news

Associated Press:

http://www.abc40.com/story/29086554/police-9-dead-from-texas-shootout-among-rival-biker-gangs

"There are still bodies on the scene of the parking lot at Twin Peaks," he said. "There are bodies that are scattered throughout the parking lot of the next adjoining business."

There was a press conference not long ago with a lot of new info but I'll wait until the news sources are updated before relaying that info.

Local affiliate:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...s-reported-in-waco-restaurant-melee/27498095/

"They started shooting at our officers and our officers returned fire," he said.

The wounded were suffering from gunshot and stab wounds, Swanton said, and that the two most seriously injured individuals have already been transferred to other hospitals for advanced treatment.

"It is a pretty gruesome scene," Swanton said, adding that investigators from multiple agencies were dealing with dead bodies, shell casings, knives, clubs and other paraphernalia at the Central Texas Marketplace shopping center.

He said as many as 100 weapons have been recovered from the scene.

"In 34 years of law enforcement, this is the worst crime scene, the most violent crime scene that I have ever been involved in," he added.

Swanton said police had been monitoring a meeting between two gangs when the violence erupted.

No police officers or innocent civilians were injured.

Swanton said authorities were concerned that gang members were moving to other parts of the city to continue the confrontation elsewhere.

"We are getting intel that there may be additional biker gang members headed this way. We will deal with them as appropriate, if and when they do show up in our area," Swanton said.

He was also very critical of the management at Twin Peaks, saying they had failed to cooperate with law enforcement agencies trying to deal with biker gangs.

Livestream:

http://www.wfaa.com/videos/news/local/2014/08/26/14336082/

Link

The Autumn Wind
The fight broke out just after noon when two rival gangs got into a fight that erupted into gun fire.
These thugs need to be taught a less- wait... biker gangs? Nevermind, those patriots were just exercising their God-given freedoms.

choodi

Banned
If Sons of Anarchy taught us anything, they will fire at each other from 20 yards apart and not hit anything.

And Jaxus

Zaph

Police should arrest the gang leaders' mothers.

No doubt one of them caused the gunfight to protect themselves.

Skull_Splosion

Neo Member
LOL I live there. Apparently my uncle is right in the middle of it. And the two Gangs are the Banditos and the Cossacks. I live like litterally 5 min away from there.

Man, people must think we're crazy...

JGLS

LOL I live there. Apparently my uncle is right in the middle of it. And the two Gangs are the Banditos and the Cossacks. I live like litterally 5 min away from there.

Man, people must think we're crazy...

Nah, you've got Terrence Malick down there, it's an alright town in my book.

LQX

The media would have you believe biker gangs are the good gangs not worth much concern. Oh some have lawyers and doctors, see they are good guys. Even shows like 'Sons of Anarchy", though they show them as scum still manage to put them in a good light where you would think they are non-threatening.

Mobius 1

Are these legitimate biker gangs, or groups of midlife crisis chap-wearing middle-class overweight assholes that slow down traffic only on Sundays?

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Are these legitimate biker gangs, or groups of midlife crisis chap-wearing middle-class overweight assholes that slow down traffic only on Sundays?

I would imagine that a shootout leaving 9 dead isn't from weekend bikers.

TheJLC

They just had a shootout with 9 dead and there are hundreds coming in to wage war, think about it.

Last time there was a bike gang war there were shootouts, bombs, and deaths of law enforcement.

TheJLC

They called backup? I'd hate to be the cops to have the job of breaking up that fight.
Yeah it is going to be crazy if it turns to an all out war. Especially in these areas with small towns were law enforcement would easily be outnumbered and outgunned.

Nosgotham

Yeah I live here. Was driving in from Dallas and drove by the scene,which is right off the main interstate. and the entire shopping center is closed down and all nearby businesses .Tons of cops, armour and rifles everywhere.

My buddy saw a group of 50 bikers driving southbound from the Dallas area about an hour before the fight erupted. Waco isn't a huge biker town so I'm assuming we got some out of town groups involved and it just happens to be in Waco.

Btw: cops were there on the scene while shots erupted due to calls of concerned patrons. At that point police opened Fire.
Customers and employees hid in the walkin freezers and fridges

Mobius 1

I would imagine that a shootout leaving 9 dead isn't from weekend bikers.

They just had a shootout with 9 dead and there are hundreds coming in to wage war, think about it.

Last time there was a bike gang war there were shootouts, bombs, and deaths of law enforcement.

I had not opened the link, holy shit. Law enforcement must be itching to put their military-grade equipment to good use, though.

Hide yo kids hide yo wives et all that

Daria

people really thought biker gangs disappeared in good o' America? maybe once Harley stops producing motorcycles and firearms are banded. anyway.

are they any reports on if any of the nine deaths were at the hands of the cops who were positioned at the restaurant before the fight broke out and guns were drawn by either side? seems plausible that cops saw gunfire and proceeded to neutralize whoever it was to end the brawl.

Authorities had anticipated trouble and pre-positioned officers.

"There were at least three rival gang groups here this morning for whatever reason. As they were here, we had officers on scene. We expected issues," said Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton, a police spokesman.

The fight broke out at Twin Peaks restaurant and spilled into the parking lot. It quickly escalated from hands and feet, as weapons, to gunfire, Swanton said.

AxelFoley

They called backup? I'd hate to be the cops to have the job of breaking up that fight.

Damn that. Cops have no problems calling in armored backup to deal with peaceful protesters, so they should have no problems calling armored backup in to pop caps in these bikers' asses.

Yeah I live here. Was driving in from Dallas and drove by the scene,which is right off the main interstate. and the entire shopping center is closed down and all nearby businesses .Tons of cops, armour and rifles everywhere.

My buddy saw a group of 50 bikers driving southbound from the Dallas area about an hour before the fight erupted. Waco isn't a huge biker town so I'm assuming we got some out of town groups involved and it just happens to be in Waco.

Btw: cops were there on the scene while shots erupted due to calls of concerned patrons. At that point police opened Fire.
Customers and employees hid in the walkin freezers and fridges

It really does seem like an old fashioned western shootout.

Here's to hoping no bystanders hurt.

Nosgotham

people really thought biker gangs disappeared in good o' America? maybe once Harley stops producing motorcycles and firearms are banded. anyway.

are they any reports on if any of the nine deaths were at the hands of the cops who were positioned at the restaurant before the fight broke out and guns were drawn by either side? seems plausible that cops saw gunfire and proceeded to neutralize whoever it was to end the brawl.

That's exactly what happened according to the local press conference. Police opened fire to neutralize but there are no reports how much of the injuries or deaths are at the hands of officers vs bikers.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Guys, stop with the stupid ass race baiting.

I don't see anyone going easy on these guys.

1 percenters (before Occupy tried to still the term) are legit thugs you don't mess with.

These aren't your lawyers and doctors weekend motorcycle club members... there's legit real outlaw motorcycle clubs and they can cause some serious problems.

devilhawk

Guys, stop with the stupid ass race baiting.

I don't see anyone going easy on these guys.

1 percenters (before Occupy tried to still the term) are legit thugs you don't mess with.

These aren't your lawyers and doctors weekend motorcycle club members... there's legit real outlaw motorcycle clubs and they can cause some serious problems.
Well put.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom