• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biker gang shoot out in Waco, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkeband

Banned
Bullets to guns that fired them? Like every other homicide case?

They probably threw the guns they were carrying in barrels of acid and buried them out in the woods, or some other routine SoA hijinks.

But in all seriousness, it's probably because this guy was in charge of the case:

250px-WayneUnser.jpg

AJLma

lol.

I drove past that Twin Peaks on a drive across TX recently. No lights, no branding, It was pretty spooky knowing what took place there.

Hylian7

Not one murder charge? Not a single one? Load of bullshit. I know there were a ton of people, guns, and bullets fired, but it sounds ridiculous that they can't even charge one of them with murder.

Cool video. Is there a newspaper illustration that who shot who and caused the 9 deaths?

I imagine its a large Mexican Standoff gone wrong.

Kettch

Jesus christ @ the big guy with the pistol and Kevlar. There is your problem, America.

It's like a glimpse into the future that some people want, where everybody is armed in order to stop shooters. I'm gonna say it doesn't look desirable.

Yoritomo

I thought the majority of deaths were due to the police response opening fire.

It makes sense to not charge anyone if the deaths were due to the police opening fire. Also the original story was that the shootout started inside and spilled outside.

It seems based on the video footage that shooting started outside where there was already a police presence.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The America the NRA wants us all to live in, btw.

The more I think about it, the more this really can be what happens when so many people are armed in a small area. Which is pretty much what the NRA wants.

People are simply not trained for situations like that. Add in false confidence and things get even worse.

Whoa.. that is insane.

It really looks like an old western shoot out.

So.. who are the good guys in this context... I mean the defense attorney in the CNN video mentioned some of these guys were innocent... how exactly?

AndyD

aka andydumi
It's like a glimpse into the future that some people want, where everybody is armed in order to stop shooters. I'm gonna say it doesn't look desirable.

Yep.

That said I was expecting a lot more gunmen. It seems the vast majority ran away and the relatively few gunmen were in it to the end.

How many non-gunmen were injured/killed? Did they ever release any numbers and details?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom