• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Retro Collection (LRG) to be delisted within the next week

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Links in case anyone actually wants to buy this:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Maybe if it was cheaper but 10 bucks for some ancient NES games that probably aren't very good anyway?

fuck-no-robin-williams.gif

I'm okay with missing out on this.

Smether

I tried to find some reviews for this earlier, seems like none of the big outlets even took the time. I'm all for game preservation, but I think LRG gets a bit too niche sometimes.

simpatico

Maybe one day we can blend blockchain tech with Denuvo style DRM to make truly limited edition digital games that cannot be copied.

ManaByte

Gold Member
$10 is too much for two really shitty ROMs.

If they included the Lynx version I’d buy it on both PS5 and Switch.

I feel bad for anyone tricked into paying for this. This should have been delisted from the start. Just play the original games (physical or emulation) and be done with it.
I agree with this mentality. The only games worth scrambling to buy before they get delisted are actual original copies like the original GTA 3D trilogy, Prey original, Escape from Butcher Bay etc.

Mr Hyde

I just recently noticed that Forgotten Anne was delisted on PS4. Lucky for me I bought it but it's shitty that publishers just delist games like this. The digital future is scary.

Rayderism

Huh....the compilation wasn't even released a year ago. Odd that it's being delisted so soon. No big loss really. They were kind of classically bad games anyway.

Soodanim

Gold Member
OP missed out the vital context from one tweet up in the thread. It's not so much a "Welcome to the digital future" as if anything malicious has happened like when companies remove perfectly good games in order to replace with something worse, it's just the side-effect of digital distribution being that you don't get second hand copies.

Last edited:

Neff

Licensed games always have a finite shelf life, for legal reasons. At least we got a heads up as opposed to it simply vanishing.

Astray

Gold Member
Welcome to your all-digital future guys!

Dude wtf it didn't even last a year! Released in Feb 2023.

Licensed games always have a finite shelf life, for legal reasons. At least we got a heads up as opposed to it simply vanishing.
This strikes me as a pure FOMO tactic. Buy our game or you won't be able to anymore.

Otherwie, what kind of publisher doesn't get a license for more than a year?

Last edited:
Top Bottom