• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bink 2 runs faster on PS4 GPU than XB1 GPU, but same on either CPU

Eusis

BTW, Xbox price was dropped a few months after launch to match PS2.
Microsoft was pretty much in full on suicide charge mode then. Send grunts to break through for the elite soldiers to bust through. Except for some reason the elite soldiers were prone to heart attacks.

Though it probably didn't help that the PS2 started to surge like fucking crazy, 2001 was a damn good endcap to the first full year.

That's fine, but the issue is really then the price, not the power.

Point being, it wouldn't matter what price the Wii U was because at any price the hardware is too weak to run games that are competitive or comparable to PS4. If you want PS4/XBO quality of games/graphics you're not going to buy a Wii U.

BTW, Xbox price was dropped a few months after launch to match PS2.

I do most certainly think that price is far more XB1's/MS problem than power ever will be but it's not surprising to see the responses the XB1 has gotten for having the objectively less powerful hardware while maintaining a $100 higher price with all the multiplatform game disparity.

I fully expect a price drop this year to get the XB1 in line with the PS4 price so history will likely repeat itself. Should help the XB1 considerably I would say

zackiel

Neo Member
Article has been updated, same time on both consoles:
It is really fast - it can play 4K video frames (3840x2160) in 4 ms (PCs) and 11 ms (Sony PS4 or Xbox One) using the CPU only (or 1.4 ms PC and 2.3 ms PS4/Xbox using GPU acceleration)!

[

ib2c1k6093zR1O.gif

What do you expect without the power of the cloud?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Lets say that in a magic land that the new SDK can produce better performance such as 1080/60.

Would this be for future titles or could current releases be patched for improvements? Some PS4 titles have right?

There is next to no reprieve for Xbox boys this gen. No tolerance, just all the time negative.

I'm a Xbox fan, personally I think they deserve some of the negativity thrown at them. Sacrificing specs for a camera and charging more than the more capable competition is one thing that bugs me, there are other things too but I won't go into a list.

Basically if they are to make a successor to XB1 I hope it has different people with different mind sets developing it.

Domdev

Banned
I'm fascinated with the obsession here about specs. The ps4 will always have better visuals. The ps4 hardware is more powerful. It's quite simple.

pooptest

You don't even want to know how many people believe this shit.

On reddit there are loads of people who think every game will be 1080p60 after this new magical SDK hits.

It's quite sad to watch.

32mb, 3D stacked, dual-sided eSRAM = 128mb eSRAM. Confirmed by insider via Misterxmedia. 1080p/60 all future Xbone games with Ray Tracing. Even 4k games soon! Possible 6 TFlops performance from Xbone GPU

Also, the new SDK unlocks the usage of the dGPU.

/s

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they meant PS2. I think that Summoner (PS2) game had that D&D clip that was an ad for Bink video. I could be wrong, though. Super funny, by the way.
Or maybe they just left the Bink video watermark on at the end of it. Meh...

rokkerkory

I'm a Xbox fan, personally I think they deserve some of the negativity thrown at them. Sacrificing specs for a camera and charging more than the more capable competition is one thing that bugs me, there are other things too but I won't go into a list.

Basically if they are to make a successor to XB1 I hope it has different people with different mind sets developing it.

Agreed here. I am glad some of the suits are out though.

Consoles should be designed by gamers and designers over suits and finance dept

RoKKeR

Agreed with this, it's disappointing and things need to change going forward.

Even still, I'm a fan of the ecosystem, exclusives, and my friends are on Xbox. There's enough to be excited about with this system personally, despite the negativity.

chrislowe

The human eye cannot see the difference of 1.4 or 2.3 ms anyway. And the xbox is more balanced Between cpu and gpu time .

J/k

Well this should mean cpuclock of xbox and ps4 should be the same?

Yes. But strider is greatly superior on xbox one.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make? I assumes you're lampooning the talk, but discussion about tech superiority wouldn't have lasted if we were talking about AF, they are talked about because it has been 1080p vs 720p, 60fps vs 30 fps.

RexNovis

Banned
Actually somewhat interesting in that it reveals they run the same on the CPU.

Yea. I guess the Microsoft upclock just evened out the playing field and didn't actually give them an advantage like they claimed. Curiouser and curiouser.

AmyS

Nothing to do with CPU / GPU performance, but what is Sony's official stance on having PS4 playback 4K Ultra HD videos? I remember something about still pictures last year but that's it.

Also, are Blu-Ray Disks capable of holding a full length movie at 4K ?

statham

I don't understand the point you're trying to make? I assumes you're lampooning the talk, but discussion about tech superiority wouldn't have lasted if we were talking about AF, they are talked about because it has been 1080p vs 720p, 60fps vs 30 fps.
my man, over your head. It was a joke. Everyone and there momma knows the ps4 is stronger.

Top Bottom