• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 5 Demo Thread (Players list, scores, etc.)

mittelos said:
Totally agree.

Got my japan gold account set up and my alarm set for 3am! I set my gamertag as mittelostokyo, which I feel is very clever. :lol If we are able to download this thing, will it run under our normal profile, or will you have to be signed-in to the japan account to play?

You can play it under any account. You just need to download it with a Japanese account. Unless they pull a Ninja Gaiden 2.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, a quick question about the 1 free month.
It gives you the 3 subscription options and below that the option "I don't want XboxLive gold"

Do I have to activate one of the subscriptions and then cancel the account before the free month is up? Or if I select I don't want a subscription will it just give me a free month since it's a new account?

The question/answer does not come up in dot50cal's thread.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Jtwo said:
Ok, a quick question about the 1 free month.
It gives you the 3 subscription options and below that the option "I don't want XboxLive gold"

Do I have to activate one of the subscriptions and then cancel the account before the free month is up? Or if I select I don't want a subscription will it just give me a free month since it's a new account?
Have you already made 4 accounts that are Xbox Live enabled on your console (regardless of region)?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Rez>You said:
Have you already made 4 accounts that are Xbox Live enabled on your console (regardless of region)?

No, I have not made any.
I'm just curious about which option gives you the free trial, I'd hate to have to sign up with my debit card for a sub and then cancel it before the free trial is over.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Jtwo said:
No, I have not made any.
I'm just curious about which option gives you the free trial, I'd hate to have to sign up with my debit card for a sub and then cancel it before the free trial is over.
I'd help but I can't remember how. I assumed all you had to do was make an Xbox Live Silver account.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
alr1ghtstart said:
you shouldn't have to put in any credit card info.
Ok, then I guess It's the latter option.
It's worded "i dont want a gold account" and that made me question whether or not would activate a free gold trial.

Jtwo said:
Ok, then I guess It's the latter option.
It's worded "i dont want a gold account" and that made me question whether or not would activate a free gold trial.

Yeah pick that option. It should show you the free trial before you confirm.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Alright yeah, it gives me the 1 month offer.
Ok one last question that wasn't covered in that other thread.
The phone number.. Can I use my cellphone number, or should I find a dominos based in tokyo?

Jtwo said:
The phone number.. Can I use my cellphone number, or should I find a dominos based in tokyo?

Use the Japanese one.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Coolio, I'm all set to go!
Thanks for the input.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So can I create another GT for a JPN account with it being gold?

Just got home and obviously haven't read the thread.

Jtwo said:

I'm at this step also. What phone number do I put in?

hitoshi

sublime085 said:
Set up a trial JP account. Ready to download.

:D

I don't know if they changed it since then but back when I've bought my 360 and set up my accounts (getting a gold trial with each one) I was not able to download anything marked for GOLD users despite the fact that in theory I was a gold user as well. The system knew that I'm only using a trial subscription. So don't be too surprised if this is still the case :\

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Barring any issues, it looks like we'll be getting the Biohazard 5 demo on the Japanese 360 Marketplace soon. So in preperation, I've set up a quick guide for how to create a Japanese 360 account.

1. Go here: http://www.passport.net/
2. Sign up a new account, Click
"No, sign me up for a free MSN Hotmail e-mail address"
3. Pick JAPAN for your country
Pick Tokyo-to as your Prefecture
150-2345 for your zipcode
4. Keep going, and then have it set you up with a @hotmail.com address.
5. Go to your 360, and create a new profile. Log in using your hotmail address on your 360, and it should set it to Japan.
6. If this is less than your 4th trial account you get gold free, So select "I don't want a gold membership and it will prompt you for a free 1 month trial.
7. Use the phone number 03-3377-8919‎ when prompted

Fixed.

Stoney Mason said:
I'm at this step also. What phone number do I put in?

Did I just get lucky or what? I didn't input a japan number or anything cept that my location was japan. I'm still on their marketplace though. So not sure why everyone is asking for the number? Or did I screw myself over? :lol

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Did I just get lucky or what? I didn't input a japan number or anything cept that my location was japan. I'm still on their marketplace though. So not sure why everyone is asking for the number? Or did I screw myself over? :lol
I'm sure you're fine.
It just seems like a better safe than sorry type of thing.

mittelos

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Same here- not sure how I missed that last step; but, it seems to be working- I'm definitely on the JPN marketplace.

vilmer_

slasher_thrasher21 said:

Same here. It never asked for a phone number, address, etc. I just selected Japan as my country :lol

Troidal

Darkman M said:
Has there even been a demo region block on live? Ive always been able to dl all demos i wanted on my jp account.

Yep there is on some games. It's always been like that for us Japanese users trying to DL a demo on the US marketplace....

Rez>You said:
It should be added to the OP that the demo will be able to be torrented and burnt to a DVD and still be playable on an unmodded 360.

Nice work OP, but I don't see why you have to hold off making a list of PSN IDs until release. You might as well just add them now. ;)

Can't that get us into a lot of trouble though?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Darkman M said:
Has there even been a demo region block on live? Ive always been able to dl all demos i wanted on my jp account.
Germany sez hai

A lot of US demos are blocked for us. We're lucky if they appear in the listing if we make a US account.

I think MS changed some region locking stuff circa August 08, there's a jump in region lock quality somewhere around that month.

And NXE most likely gave new options. They really WANT to lock that shit away.

When you register an account on XBL with your japanese hotmail account, will it automatically change the language to Japanese? Or will everything still be in English?

soco

Red_Ocelot said:
When you register an account on XBL with your japanese hotmail account, will it automatically change the language to Japanese? Or will everything still be in English?

hotmail has selectable languages.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Red_Ocelot said:
I mean will the xbox live text change to Japanese? Will I get lost in the menus? :lol
you WILL get lost....

2chn7z5.jpg

A final tip for you guys: download it as soon as possible. It is rated Mature so chances are that it will be IP blocked. At my experience downloading M content from other regions, MS filters sometimes go up one or tow hours after the release of the content. It is a hit or miss. Sometimes it is already locked at the release, but most of the time it stays free for some hours.

Top Bottom