• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bionic Commando 2D Remake: Preview and Vid

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Very very nice. I love 2.5D remakes (eg. Megaman Powered Up); thank you Capcom.

And yes to a new Blaster Master please.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
border said:
When is this coming out? :D

Well, at the end of the preview on IGN it says "and it's going to make a fine addition to both Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network when it hits this spring."
Unless you wanted something more specific? :p

rhino4evr

Even if Bionic Commando 3d comes out before this remake, I will wait to purchase until I unlock the new skin. I hate the design of the new character.

If only this was coming out like today.

hiryu

jet1911 said:
Might be a bit small though.

72srne0.gif

817q4cy.gif

8ffhvfb.gif

Stolen

If this is the kind of thing Sony is gonna be doing with that new initiative, we are gonna be some REALLY happy GAFers.

Looks incredible. I second the vote for Mega Man 2 Powered Up. Capcom is scoring left and right this gen - the best next-gen publisher by far to date.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
ThirstyFly said:
NES version. Unlockable?

Yeah definitely ask that. It could happen since the remake seems to stick closely to the source material, so maybe they'll want to include it in the package.

Looks good. This is a remake I can get behind since neither the original arcade or NES Bionic Commando hold up and would require such a remake to be good again. I'll miss Hitler's head exploding though.

border

Kiriku said:
Well, at the end of the preview on IGN it says "and it's going to make a fine addition to both Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network when it hits this spring."
Unless you wanted something more specific? :p
Yes please!

giggas

dlr_oh_my_god.jpg

This looks amazing. I think I'm looking more forward to this than the new 3D remake. Man, I would never have guessed 2008 would be the year of Bionic Commando.

supercake

Kiriku said:
I'm going to interview the creative director in a couple of days btw, if there's anything really important anyone wants to know, let me know and I'll ask him.

Are they going to use any elements from the Gameboy Color version? (Bionic Commando Elite Forces)

acabado

Banned
Tempy said:
Very very nice. I love 2.5D remakes (eg. Megaman Powered Up); thank you Capcom.

And yes to a new Blaster Master please.

I love too,for me seems much better than the other one.

O love KZ2 too :D (show more thing about it :D )

ToxicAdam

Too bad Capcom doesn't own the Kid Icarus property. Nintendo could easily create a 2D remake similar to this and sell half a million.

AntMurda

Too bad Capcom doesn't own the Kid Icarus property. Nintendo could easily create a 2D remake similar to this and sell half a million.

Too bad the Wii isn't an xbox 360 where i can download Kid Icarus Remake HD and Metroid HD etc.

God those would rock!

SPEA said:
Is the co-op mode online?

Originally, Bionic Commando Rearmed was developed to be a single player experience. The engine, tools, and programming were all built with this concept in mind. However, as production moved forward, developer Grin decided to try out adding a second player into the game. Not only did it work really well, but it added a lot of value to the game, so we started talking about adding online co-op. Unfortunately, by this time, the production had moved along too far and the entire game would have had to been rebuilt just to add this feature.

We know the fans will be disappointed by the lack of inclusion of online co-op but rather than adopting a policy of "what you don't know can't hurt you" by cutting the co-op altogether, we have kept it in the hope that fans will be able to appreciate the added content that wasn't even originally planned. Still, this game is supposed to be for the fans, so we have added in some very cool new modes that have yet to be revealed. Hopefully, when you see those, you'll realize just how great a bargain Bionic Commando Rearmed really is!

http://www.bioniccommando.com/en/blog_entries/view/42

Thats sounds like multiplayer modes confirmed to me.

Hunahan

Banned
Nice work, Capcom. You made my day.

Unlockable skin for the 3D version to appease the "nerds" was a smart decision as well.

Gogogo!

Space A Cobra said:
I'll miss Hitler's head exploding though.

How do you know it won't be in there? I have a feeling it will be. It'll be "Master D's" exploding head but it was still clearly Hitler in the US version and his head certainly exploded.

I'll never forget how cool it was as a youngster when I read "Master D" say "You Damn Fool!". It was the first curse word I ever saw in a video game.

Ceb

Blimblim said:
The lighting in these screens really reminds me of LBP's somehow, and that's a *very* good thing :)

I was just about to say, looks very LBPish. A bit weird in screens, but I have yet to see the video...

Enk

makes good threads.
pn18 said:
Needless to say, this is day fucking one.

There's few games on Live/PSN that I will buy before even touching the demo. This will be one of them. Hell I would buy the 3d game just for this one if that was the only way to get it (thankfully it's not, and don't get any bright ideas Capcom)

steve said:
If fcking Lego Star Wars can do drop-in and out co-op online play, why the hell can't anyone else seem to grasp the concept?! ><
But it took them YEARS to incorporate online co-op in LEGO Star Wars. The Complete Saga is the only one that includes it.

Kiriku said:
I'm going to interview the creative director in a couple of days btw, if there's anything really important anyone wants to know, let me know and I'll ask him.
Ask him why they won't make the co-op mode playable online. It's not as if Capcom doesn't have any experience in this area, especially because they're already making other XBLA / PSN games that do have this (Commando 3, Rocketmen).

Also ask them if they would add this through a patch, after the game's out.

KingJ2002

wow... now that's beautiful.

it's funny... these days i look forward to remakes than the new releases.

now capgod... please port megaman powered up / command hunter x to xbla/psn

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Doc Evils said:
For some reason, the visuals remind me of little big planet.
Not many 2.5D games have HDR lighting, but LBP and now Bionic Commando both do.

LBP goes for a more natural look, while BC has more caroony look to it though.

Rlan

MicVlaD said:
But it took them YEARS to incorporate online co-op in LEGO Star Wars. The Complete Saga is the only one that includes it.

Ask him why they won't make the co-op mode playable through Xbox Live / PSN. It's not as if Capcom doesn't have any experience in this area, especially because they're already making other XBLA / PSN games that do have this (Commando 3, Rocketmen).

Also ask them if they would add this through a patch, after the game's out.

Well they did mention why - the game was not initially created with Coop in mind, so with that in mind they didn't streamline the experience to work online. Heaps of optimization is required for a good online experience, and since it wasn't initially meant to have Coop, they never did that.

Commando 3 was made with Coop in mind as MERCS had 3 player modes, so it was there right off the bat.

yurinka

Capgod rules! Now Megaman Powered Up for PSN/XBLA, and also Megaman Powered Up 2.

And please, port Bionic Commando Rearmed to PSP (it was initially designed for it).

Teknoman

yurinka said:
Capgod rules! Now Megaman Powered Up for PSN/XBLA, and also Megaman Powered Up 2.

And please, port Bionic Commando Rearmed to PSP (it was initially designed for it).

It was? Now that I didnt know. Man they really need to get the ball rolling on some Megaman HD remake action.

Olivier

I will spend a certain sum of money towards the acquisition of this video game on the first day it is available for purchase.

Adama

Oh man I've been waiting for a remake of the NES BC since forevar!!! I'm buying both just to show mah love to Capcom. :D

Top Bottom