• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Collection boxart leaked

I followed the narrative just fine. It would have made a mildly memorable episode of Deep Space Nine, and probably would have been better condensed to 45 minutes. Let's just agree to disagree on the quality of the storytelling and characterizations, because I don't feel like repeating myself while having to avoid spoilers.

My intent was really just to express that I liked the box art despite not liking Infinite :p
Yeah I'm sorry. Didnt intend to interrogate you. I just really loved Infinite and the whole series.

I loved Infinite and thought it was wonderful. The story blew my mind the first time around. It's one of my favorite games.

I am glad it is being included in the collection along with 2. 2 is another game that not everyone enjoyed but I enjoyed greatly. Can't wait for this collection and even though I can be cheap with games, I will be buying this day one!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Looks great. I hope the improvements go beyond just remastering the graphics. The first Bioshock at the very least could use a bit of tuning up in the combat department.

Gorgeous box art. I liked the first game, didn't play much of the second and mostly enjoyed Infinite. I'll probably get this down the line for a cheap price.

KRaZyAmmo

Gorgeous box art. I love the rapture bottom of the box going up to Columbia. But i will wait for performance reviews before purchasing. Does this include all the dlcs for all thr games?

ElRenoRaven

Day 1 purchase.

And Infinite has ots problems but is still fantastic. Never will I ever understand the hate it gets

You and me both. It's only around here too that I ever see it being shit on all the time. I guess it's because people always buy into the hype instead of judging it on what it is.

JWNSY

wow looks really nice.
Definately will pick up sometime in the future.
Loved 1 and infinite, haven't played 2 or any of the dlcs for any of them so I hope its all in there

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Can't argue with those saying Minerva's Den is the best DLC. For me it's not the best but it's in the upper echelon.

The best DLCs I have ever played (off the top of my head) are:
Old World Blues - Fallout New Vegas
The Dishonored DLC
Point Lookout - Fallout 3
Heart of Stone - Witcher 3

Ghazi

Minerva's Den was great, even after I had it spoiled for me before I got to play it. If this remaster has meaningful effort in it, I'll pick it up.

Bioshock and Infinite are two of my favorite games of all time so I will definitely be buying this on day one. I've been having an itch to replay the series but once the collection got leaked I decided to hold off until it comes out. Being able to get three more Platinum trophies will be a nice upside as well.

CHC

GREAT box art, I rarely say that, but it looks really nice.

Hopefully this is more than a quick and dirty remaster. I tend to think of the Bioshock games (especially the first one) as having aged REALLY poorly. They have that washed out, bloom-filled, low-res look that is so distinctive of early PS3 / 360 games. Hopefully they can tighten up some of the lacking elements and make it feel modern again.

you got a link to that?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1154978

Features of Irrational's New Game:
- Narrative First Person Shooter
- Hub-based (or maybe open world, but they list hub-based first)
- Features player abilities, loot tables, upgrade systems, resources, and cooldowns
- Unreal Engine 4
- Will release on PC/Steam at minimum
- Does not explicitly say it's a new IP
- A previous job postings mentioned something about online, but it's not in the current two so I can't comment on if it still seems to exist
- Keep in mind that this is (at least was) supposed to be a downloadable-ish scale project

jaypah

That cover art is everything. Infinite is one of my favorite games of last-gen. Top 5 probably. There. I said it.

I'm willing to bet it will be a new IP in the vein of SystemShock and BioShock. Probably named something Shock.
I would prefer that. Keep the mechanics and idea of a dystopia, but make a new location/story

I like how Infinite and the DLC wrapped things up for Bioshock, would prefer anything else to leave those games alone

BioShock 2 is a better video game that the first. Yes it didn't have the surprise and mystery exploring rapture for the first time or the high of the twist from first one, but it had the most consistent level design, an interesting story and much tighter gameplay with the dual wielding. It's an amazing sequel that far too many people kept yelling shouldn't of existed which was a bummer.

Top Bottom