• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Collection boxart leaked

GulAtiCa

Great cover. Will buy for sure.

I'd love to re-live Rapture.

I actually liked Infinite. Story was interesting to me, and characters as well. But.... I also only played it as a PS+ title..

ShutterMunster

I hope this got the proper remaster treatment. I know I can't expect Gears of War Ultimate-tier stuff, but I hope it's well done. I cannot wait to replay Bioshock.

In a series known for having its head up its ass (which is not necessarily a bad thing, mind you: some of the most entertaining stuff I've seen/read has been the same way), Infinite is so far up there it's licking its own lungs. If the gameplay wasn't nearly as gutted as it was (early trailers vs final product) it would've been more tolerable. Still, it looks nice. And I liked the songbird.

I may pick this up if Minerva's Den is included.

MiguelItUp

Probably the best cover art I've seen so far for a "collection" title. Curious to see what the improvements are if any. That being said, for anyone that hasn't played any of the games, don't fall for the negativity around 2 and Infinite. It tends to be a bit over dramatic IMO, I'd definitely recommend still checking them out.

Loxley

Infinite is a good game. It may not be the best but it's definitely not garbage. Thisisneogaf.gif

Infinite gets a lot of help from the fact that it has some of the best art direction and music from the 7th generation. I would almost go so far as to call those aspects of the game flawless.

E92 M3

Let me clarify this, I prefer Rapture myself. I have since a child loved underwater sea labs and cities (even to the point when I was a kid I would write down it as my dream home when asked the question on those kind of early childhood questionnaires), so obviously something like Rapture is going to be right up my alley. Mix that with the underwater city being set with 1950s aesthetics and themes, plus a crumbling society that's twisted and mutated, and you have an absolutely fascinating world.

But I still think Infinite has a charm to it that's different and engaging from the other BioShock's. Of course, the setting now is a very bright sky city full of 1910s stylizings, and in a city that's currently thriving rather than slowly dying, But the steampunk flair matched with the flashy 'show floor' (making attractive showpieces out of the boom of growing technology and enthusiasm for the show and arts, ranging from 'World of Wonder' attractions, extravagant mansions, old-styled diners, propaganda museums, and more), with a very attractive color schematic and many people to listen in on, objects to interact with, gift shops with hidden underground market departments to find, among many other things, I found to be a blast.

My argument isn't that I think BioShock Infinite is the better game, I think people completely blow its problems out of the water (pun intended) and will treat the game like all its composed of is its problems. I think part of that may just be people being bitter at it for some reason, maybe because they weren't as enthralled by it as BioShock, but I don't think Infinite is some bad game, and found it to be a very engaging world to be explored.

I never said infinite is a "bad" game, but don't underestimate the importance of setting and atmosphere to me. The first 2 absolutely nailed it. I am not a fan of steampunk and prefer a dystopia to a thriving city. Infinite is a well-made game, but the first game (especially) truly resonated with me and has become one of my favorite games of all time.

That's just how I think of it.

You are absolutely in for a treat then. Honestly one of the tightest dlc's ive ever played. It's the core of what makes Bioshock unique and is really really fun.

oh yes i've already played it on ps3, amazing dlc, but i meant i don't own it on steam. so if the pc version of this rumoured bioshock collection is just a compilation, then i wouldn't really be interested.

Surprised at the PC release, what could they realistically add? It's not without precedent though I guess, Deus Ex HR, Sleeping Dogs, State of Decay, Dark souls 2. I just hope that they don't de-list the original versions after a few months.

Kholdy

Neo Member
Box is pretty cool, I'm kinda surprised by it to be honest.
Wanted to replay all of them for sometime now, if performance is solid will get it in a flash.

That's a ridiculous statement.

Oh wait, that's right, there's that Rapture DLC I skipped because Infinite made me not really care about their storytelling anymore. That was supposed to be good.

I'm not going to paste my thoughts about Infinite in this thread since I think I've done that in like 3 threads so far and even I'm sick of hearing myself talk about it.

Oh wait, that's right, there's that Rapture DLC I skipped because Infinite made me not really care about their storytelling anymore. That was supposed to be good.

I'm not going to paste my thoughts about Infinite in this thread since I think I've done that in like 3 threads so far and even I'm sick of hearing myself talk about it.
But infinite did a great job telling the story, and went into even greater detail if you discovered and followed all the audio logs. I'm surprised by how many people I see that difficulty following the narrative. I was floored when I finished that game.

exoddus21

Neo Member
I just hope they include the extras from the ps3 version (survival mode, new game+). I almost buy bioshock for ps3 from the sales but the dlc that adds that is 7€, never discounted :/ If that's the case I'm in for ps4 as I already own all of them on PC (unless they add more to that platform which wasn't available)

But infinite did a great job telling the story, and went into even greater detail if you discovered and followed all the audio logs. I'm surprised by how many people I see that difficulty following the narrative. I was floored when I finished that game.

I followed the narrative just fine. It would have made a mildly memorable episode of Deep Space Nine, and probably would have been better condensed to 45 minutes. Let's just agree to disagree on the quality of the storytelling and characterizations, because I don't feel like repeating myself while having to avoid spoilers.

My intent was really just to express that I liked the box art despite not liking Infinite :p

rrs

I wonder if it comes with better textures for the first bioshock and all the former DLC, because I'd be in for an even prettier bioshock.

also since everyone is talking about infinite: the limited gun system felt way out of sync with the action setpieces, along with the game feeling like some disney theme park about how america was bad

Novocaine

I'm more interested if someone who likes the game (which there are plenty of in this thread) could explain this side story. Please refrain from telling others to stop when you don't like what they have to say it's kind of rude.

There are plenty of threads discussing why people like and/or dislike the story on this very message board. This is a thread about a box art leak and you have a post on almost every page up to my post shitting on Infinite and you have the gall to suggest that I'm the rude one?

H3xum

The orig was and still is the only game I 100% achieved in. It wasn't intentional, I just loved every single thing about that game.

I wonder if I can still remember all of the audio diary locations.

Can't wait to 100% it again

Zophar

I'm down. Platinum'd Bio 1 twice and I never played 2 or Infinite's DLCs (because I didn't enjoy Infinite much) but I'll go through it all again if the price is right.

Top Bottom