• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock only time exclusive?

Uncle

Wow. People have a really hard time understanding what they read.

sonycowboy said:
Actually, from the first post, which was AFTER the announced exclusivity, the producer of the title, specifically made the comments in the initial post.

The producer did not say anything about exclusivity.

sonycowboy said:
So, when Ken Levine said "a certain amount of time", what he meant was ALL TIME?

Where did Levine say this? Do you have another article you want to share?

sonycowboy said:
I guarantee he wasn't wrong or misspoke.

You are right. Because according to the OP and the linked article, he didn't actually say anything about this.

GhaleonEB said:
Right, I'm just saying - we've got one guy, albeit a very important guy - implying it might be timed.

No we don't.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
we've already established that :

1) all multiplatform games are better on PS3
2) that time isn't a factor - people would rather wait
3) that all X360 games are going to PS3
4) games not on the PS3 won't sell anyways
5) there's always an off-camera "wink" after exclusive statements when the X360 is concerned

so i'm not sure what is to discuss here - Bioshock will be on PS3 in about 10 months time and it will be the superior version. Xbots should sell their X360s whilst they still have some value, do the right thing this Xmas period - don't back the 'wrong horse'

But after talking with Microsoft reps, we did learn that Kane and Lynch and Crossfire are legitimate exclusives. Splinter Cell will appear on the PS2, PC and original Xbox. Banjo-and-Kazooie is now a first-party title anyway, a natural exclusive. And BioShock will be exclusive to 360 and Games for Windows and, according to Microsoft at a quaint dinner in the hills of Barcelona, will not appear on the PS3. PS3 owners, if it's any consolation, can watch Spiderman 2 on Blu-Ray.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/736/736050p1.html

Raistlin

laceystorm said:
But after talking with Microsoft reps, we did learn that Kane and Lynch and Crossfire are legitimate exclusives. Splinter Cell will appear on the PS2, PC and original Xbox. Banjo-and-Kazooie is now a first-party title anyway, a natural exclusive. And BioShock will be exclusive to 360 and Games for Windows and, according to Microsoft at a quaint dinner in the hills of Barcelona, will not appear on the PS3. PS3 owners, if it's any consolation, can watch Spiderman 2 on Blu-Ray.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/736/736050p1.html

I don't want to be involved in this discussion ...

... but unless you heard it from the devs or owners of the title ... don't automatically believe it.

This wouldn't be the first time a game was claimed to be exclusive by a console rep, and later the dev 'fixed' the statement ... or simply said nothing and released the game.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Moderation Unlimited said:
Well, if it's exclusive...it's exclusive. Maybe Microsoft is publishing the title.

2K is sorta the publisher. That's how it works. There's a developer, and a publisher. Both already exist. Not much room for MS in that equation.

I will play Bioshock on PS3. I will. I WILL!!!

babycrying9530.jpg

Top Bottom