• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock only time exclusive?

Uncle

Razoric said:
That article means nothing... all it said was he wouldnt deconfirm any other Bioshock. Well MS went ahead and did it for him.

According to the norwegian article, the producer didn't say anything concering exclusivity, Take 2 did. Most likely the journalist asked before the press release got out, or he asked the wrong PR person.

REV 09

SnakeXs said:
I'll ****ing boycott SC5 if it's still a port em down (or up). If you're gonna make a ****ing next gen SC, do it. If the ****ing next-gen one is held back, even by 1 pixel, I quit.

Also, put a decent ****ing team on it, Ubi.
i'm still a little confused on the whole Splinter Cell thing myself. The way i took it, is that Double Agent is pc, ps2, xbox, and 360. But the next SC after that "Conviction" is just 360, or was it 360 and PC? or do i have it all wrong?

Surely they'll build the next one ground up for next gen.

fse

Bioshock is only for 360/PC.

people can't read it seems or want to understand. IGN also confirmed it again.

jlh

inthezone said:
Im sure it is timed exclusive. Peter Moore said Oblivion was exclusive, we all know how that turned out.

What is it about EXCLUSIVE and NO PS3 VERSION do you not understand. I mean it would be one thing if it hadn't been confirmed or was one of those "wink, wink, nod, nod exclusives" but this has been confirmed over and over again. At some point I think it really comes down to believing what you want to believe regardless of the reality of the situation.

PleoMax

Banned
HEre's what, Bioshock is exclusive when it debuts the coming spring. Wich means, its timed exclusive.

SC5 on the other hand, is 360/Pc only, and i mean only, and its well...developed by Montreal.

Bioshock is like Kane and Lynch.

Splinter Cell 5 is not like those.

fse

:lol I thought IGN cleared it up for everyone but... oh no, some still don't want to believe it really is exclusive.

GhaleonEB

Billy Rygar said:
HAY GUYZ I WONDER IF BIOSHACK IS COMING TO SONY CONSOLE
it is. didn't you read the thread? 2K issued a press release about it.

KGKK said:
Didn't Moore also say at E3 that GTAIV will be exclusive too?:lol
No, he never ever said that.

He said it will ship for the 360 "the first date it's available", and have exclusive downloadable content after. Which is still true.

----

Banned
neogaf1.gif

REV 09

Mooreberg said:
This is why nobody takes what he says seriously.
:lol :lol he didnt' even say that though. this is what happens when people don't get their facts straight before posting.

Mooreberg

REV 09 said:
:lol :lol he didnt' even say that though. this is what happens when people don't get their facts straight before posting.

I'm not talking about BioShock or denying what Take 2 or Ken Levine has said about it. I'm talking about Peter Moore having a GTAIV tatoo on his arm.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Mooreberg said:
I'm not talking about BioShock or denying what Take 2 or Ken Levine has said about it. I'm talking about Peter Moore having a GTAIV tatoo on his arm.

Peter Moore hasn't ever had any credibility, especially since he started talking about "lucid dreams becoming reality" on xbox 360 or some other such nonsense.

.... that being said, he never said anything about GTAIV being exclusive. He explicitly said "exclusive downloadable content" and "available on xbox 360 from day 1", some moron bloggers ran with it as "omg GTA exclusive to xbox 360" and the world nearly erupted. This is why they don't let idiot moron bloggers into E3 anymore (kind of).

GhaleonEB

typhonsentra said:
He also said Bioshock will launch exclusively this spring. You have to wonder why he'd word it that way, don't you?
Or, "Bioshock will lauch exclusively for the 360, this spring." That comma means a lot. And the press release....bah **** it.

REV 09

Mooreberg said:
so am i, and i'm saying that he never once said that GTAIV was exclusive. He said that it would be available on day 1 on the Xbox 360 and he said that the 360 version would get some form of exclusive content.

Mooreberg

GhaleonEB said:
I'll tell you what it didn't say: "GTAIV is 360 exclusive". You're spouting bullshit.

That certainly explains the 2000+ post thread in May. :lol

Did a Euro. rep not say FIFA and PES were exclusive for a year only to have that information corrected later? I'm not even arguing about BioShock which being confirmed by the people working the game. But it is not surprising to see such staunch defense of senseless PR blather going by your post history.

REV 09

GhaleonEB said:
Or, "Bioshock will lauch exclusively for the 360, this spring." That comma means a lot. And the press release....bah **** it.
Gears of War ships exclusively for the 360 november 12

OMG PS3 version confirmed, why else would it be worded like that? we all doubted epic, but the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT was right before us the entire time.

Drek

Well, with Oblivion now a PS3 launch game I suppose something had to step up as the new "worst kept secret" in gaming. :lol

Odysseus

Banned
Mooreberg said:
That certainly explains the 2000+ post thread in May. :lol

You know, it would be real easy for you to verify this for yourself by just watching the Microsoft E3 press conference. Spoiler warning: He didn't say GTA4 was exclusive.

GhaleonEB

Mooreberg said:
That certainly explains the 2000+ post thread in May.

If you watch the video of the conference, which anyone can do, you can see what Peter Moore says. ONE blogger got it wrong, and that caused the thread. The thread title was corrected and the correction came into the thread a few posts later. So there goes that.

Did a Euro. rep not say FIFA and PES were exclusive for a year only to have that information corrected later?

No, he said it was a next-gen exclusive. Which it still is.

keep trying. or rather, don't.

sangreal

KGKK said:
Didn't Moore also say at E3 that GTAIV will be exclusive too?:lol

Nope

So what I'd like to show you... is my new edition. Microsoft and Rockstar Games are bringing GTA4 the next generation of the wildly successful GTA series to X360 on October 16 2007 in North America and October 19 in 2007 EU the first date it is available.

Mojovonio

Banned
No, the worst kept secret now is that Saint's Row is going to PS3.

As of now, Bioshock is exclusive and if you want to play it, here are your options

a)Get a 360
b)Get it on PC (may need upgrading)
c)Keep speculating for a PS3 version to come out and just wait for that one. It may be a while.

"HEI GUYZ! I DID'T SEE TEH CONF BUT MOOR SAID GTA4 EXCLUSIVE! LOL! I READ IT ON A BLOG!"

Luckyman

Banned
Would a big western publisher sign to anything more than a timed release? I think not, but Bioshock is still a huge coup for MS.

Odysseus

Banned
Luckyman said:
Would any big western publisher sign to anything more than a timed release? I think not, but Bioshock is still a huge coup for MS.

They add months to the deal each time the platform holder adds a zero.

Mojovonio

Banned
Luckyman said:
Would any big western publisher sign to anything more than a timed release? I think not, but Bioshock is still a huge coup for MS.

Motorsotrm 360 confirmed? Or is that first party?

IJoel

Is this type of thread going to be the norm for every anticipated 3rd party game that's announced exclusive to a platform? Pity if that's the case.

GhaleonEB

Mooreberg said:
Note that the URL you used in the first source is banned on GAF? Because it's a source of continual errors and general bullshit? Nice source. :lol

And keep the personal attacks out of this.

Mojovonio

Banned
IJoel said:
Is this type of thread going to be the norm for every anticipated 3rd party game that's announced exclusive to a platform? Pity if that's the case.

yeah, that's pretty much how it works around here.

"(game) is exclusive on PS3!"
"So when is it coming out on 360?"

Mooreberg

GhaleonEB said:
Note that the URL you used in the first source is banned on GAF? Because it's a source of continual errors and general bullshit? Nice source. :lol

So is Gamespot general bullshit now too?

Next-gen FIFA, Pro Evo 360-exclusive for 12 months

[UPDATE] Konami has since denied that Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 will be next-gen exclusive to the Xbox 360.[END UPDATE]

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/fifasoccer07/news.html?sid=6156250

Top Bottom