• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Clover manga gets anime adaptation by Studio Pierrot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you to can experience the incredibly generic and mediocre series that is black clover in glorious sometimes moving animation. Join Asta and his adventures with Fairy Ta... I mean the black bulls magic knights. He'll become the Hokage... I mean Pirate King... I mean Wizard King

feels a little early, thou I've enjoyed the manga so far. might want to wait til they have more in the story before going for the anime adaptation.

Now you to can experience the incredibly generic and mediocre series that is black clover in glorious sometimes moving animation. Join Asta and his adventures with Fairy Ta... I mean the black bulls magic knights. He'll become the Hokage... I mean Pirate King... I mean Wizard King

not that I don't understand where you're coming from, but come on man.

Ray Down

Banned

Hey it's at least it's not as bad as Fairy Tail...but not as good as early Naruto.

One day?

latest

Chase17

Was planning on catching up on some series since I'm subscribing to the Viz WSJ. I guess I should pass on this?

Derwind

I think its Magic Emporer.

I'm enjoying the blandness so far, I can't get disappointed if I wasn't expecting much from it to begin with.

As generic and easily predictable BC is, it's great fun! likeable characters and great battles.

If studio Pierrot does things right, backed by an awesome OST, Black clover is perfect for an anime.

I think its Magic Emporer.

I'm enjoying the blandness so far, I can't get disappointed if I wasn't expecting much from it to begin with.
The official manga translation is Wizard King.

Hey it's at least it's not as bad as Fairy Tail...but not as good as early Naruto.

I mean, it's certainly not a bad series. It's just not a good one either. So as I said painfully mediocre. It's not doing anything particularly wrong, but it doesn't do anything special or unique. And Asta and Yuno are about as cookie cutter and bland as a shonen protagonist and rival get. I mean some of the side characters are interesting, but the leading two are not exactly compelling IMO

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

And such a diverse cast too
The rival who is so wooden that you might as well replace him with balsa wood and nobody would tell the difference
The tsundere
The Goku/Luffy eating machine that tries to be subversive by being a girl
The guy with stupid hair
The guy that really likes girls
Cana from Fairy Tail.
The tough teacher.
The guy with the overly creepy sister complex that I can't tell if it's trying to be funny.
Characters introduced in a completely separate novel that you couldn't give less of a fuck about.

This is somehow a hit in Japan!

It's over man, we're not getting the Blood War.

Strimei

The name Black Clover keeps making me think of something else but I can't figure out what. Hrm.

Anyway though it just started I hope Demon's Plan gets an adaptation at some point.

Busaiku

Isn't this only selling like 40k or something.
It's not even that popular. But then again, Weekly Jump hasn't really been able to launch a big property since World Trigger.

I mean, the manga is pretty much as flat and uninterestingly generic as you can get but it moves at a breakneck pace so it never rests on any of it's characters or plots or fights too long. As such, the decent art and fun powers can often carry you through the blandness.

It's not good but there's way worse stuff out there. It's just inoffensively whatever.

The fight with the Beast Magician was actually pretty boss tho.

I liken it to Fairy Tail that's not bogged down by 200 chapters that equate to nothing happening. Plus there's less creep factor.

It's inoffensively generic and isn't the worst out there.

A.J.

Banned
Well hopefully the anime staff is smart enough to give us some context to that ahead of time!
That's probably the reason it was written in the first place. The author realized he could write an arc as a novel parallel to the manga so their would be more content for the anime. The story could be fixed in post

Isn't this only selling like 40k or something. Isn't this only selling like 40k or something.
It's not even that popular.

Uhm, its volumes in the yearlies easily pass 220K, and just in 2016 it sold 1.3mln volumes. Saying its not popular is inaccurate.

But then again, Weekly Jump hasn't really been able to launch a big property since World Trigger.

This statement is also inaccurate. My Hero Academia started after World Trigger, is getting another anime season, and it also sold 5mln volumes in 2016.

Qvoth

this series is very generic
i'd be more hyped if hinomaru zumou or kimetsu no yaiba got the anime treatment
wtzgU.gif

Busaiku

Uhm, its volumes in the yearlies easily pass 220K, and just in 2016 it sold 1.3mln volumes. Saying its not popular is inaccurate.

This statement is also inaccurate. My Hero Academia started after World Trigger, is getting another anime season, and it also sold 5mln volumes in 2016.

Oh yeah, I forgot My Hero Academia started after, that was a big hit.
And it looks like sales did pick, I guess, I hadn't kept up. I remember they initially did like 20k-30k when the series started.

I always see this and World Trigger in Viz's WSJ but they've never seemed the least bit interesting to me.

Is there any appeal to it or...?

kewlmyc

Jump wants it to be.

Nearly everything I've heard about the series is "It's a worst Naruto, but with actual wizards now instead of wizards pretending to be ninjas". Apparently the art is nice though, but that won't translate to anime since it's Studio Pierrot.

At least My Hero Academia still seems to be going strong and doing the "we'll adapt what exists then go on break instead of doing filler" formula instead of going into Toei/Pierrot filler hell with their shounen.

Noirulus

I remember reading a bit of this a while back and while it's a bit bland and the plot moves and changes really fast (REALLY fast), it's not too bad imo. prolly wont watch it tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom