• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Clover manga gets anime adaptation by Studio Pierrot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be ok if it didn't get another adaptation if it ended with the Mangas Yaga Babas Castle arc with a "to be continued in the manga" instead of what we got. I was looking so forward to more kilik and the final Black Star vs Mifune fight:(.
But why? The anime and manga are near exactly the same until they head to the island IIRC. What would be the point of remaking the part that already works rather than remaking the part that isn't in the manga which is what I'd assume most viewers would want considering how much cooler it gets.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
But why? The anime and manga are near exactly the same until they head to the island IIRC. What would be the point of remaking the part that already works rather than remaking the part that isn't in the manga which is what I'd assume most viewers would want considering how much cooler it gets.
The ending is quite shit though I did quite like Black Stars general arc though the series. The manga version of Black star Star vs Mifund is certainly the high point as well had his subsequent character development.

The ending is quite shit though I did quite like Black Stars general arc though the series. The manga version of Black star Star vs Mifund is certainly the high point as well had his subsequent character development.
I think everyone knows that, which again, another reason why they should remake it to match the manga. Would literally donate a kidney.

Strimei

I honestly don't remember that much of Soul Eater's ending in the manga but I remember finding the very last chapter itself to be bleh, so dunno how well that'd turn out.

Giant Moon Titty anyone? And everyone obsessed with boobs because of it and Crona giving off some vibe from it or something.

The
Book of Eibon chapters
part was kinda neat though.

I suck at communicating, and it doesn't help that English isn't my first language, but what I meant to say is that if the Soul Eater anime didn't end with an original ending and instead ended at the end of Yaga Baba Castle arc with a "To be continued at the manga" like some anime do I'd be ok if we didn't get a anime continuation. Instead we ended with giant robot fight and weapon Maka that makes we wish Soul Eater gets the FMA Brotherhood treatment.

I honestly don't remember that much of Soul Eater's ending in the manga but I remember finding the very last chapter itself to be bleh, so dunno how well that'd turn out.

Giant Moon Titty anyone? And everyone obsessed with boobs because of it and Crona giving off some vibe from it or something.

The
Book of Eibon chapters
part was kinda neat though.
Ugh, and that's why I would've been happy with an incomplete series, after Yaga Baba Castle arc I lose interest. The manga still has cool parts like Kilik on a mission with his weapons and the Thompson sisters, the tease that Patty would have been a temporary Miester until the rescue of Kid and part of the book of Eibon, but overall it ended weak.
And WTF, Maka and Black Star can just fly to the moon?!

Strimei

Ugh, and that's why I would've been happy with an incomplete series, after Yaga Baba Castle arc I lose interest. The manga still has cool parts like Kilik on a mission with his weapons and the Thompson sisters, the tease that Patty would have been a temporary Miester until the rescue of Kid and part of the book of Eibon, but overall it ended weak.
And WTF, Maka and Black Star can just fly to the moon?!

I was also kind of expecting more about the whole "great old ones" thing that was hinted at, with Death, that cthulhu thing, even Excalibur being them, but memory serves it didn't really go anywhere. And yeah the moon thing was a bit odd though I didn't pay it much mind since that whole world is weird.

I would much rather Pierrot made more Polar Bear Cafe

This is an acceptable proposition.

I don't know if I'm getting too old for Shounen but almost nothing they put out appeals to me. Besides One Piece. I still love me some One Piece.

lol I couldn't even tell you what magazine the manga I read are in. Seems very limiting to me to attach yourself to a magazine and be like "When will something big come to this?" Just look somewhere else. The amount of good manga out there is fucking astonishing.

lol I couldn't even tell you what magazine the manga I read are in. Seems very limiting to me to attach yourself to a magazine and be like "When will something big come to this?" Just look somewhere else. The amount of good manga out there is fucking astonishing.

This seems like an assumption on your part, mate.

WSJ is by far the biggest manga anthology in circulation, which is why most people that read manga are aware of it, if not outright invested in its offerings week by week, but that doesn't exclude interest in other, smaller anthologies out there.

I've been reading this for a bit and I actually think it is worse than even the newest Fairy Tail chapters. The humor is dreadful and the pacing is so rushed they did a tournament arc in the second chapter.

EDIT: And lol at when they made such a big deal of the protag blocking a fireball with the flat part of his sword like it was some godly tactic.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I've been reading this for a bit and I actually think it is worse than even the newest Fairy Tail chapters. The humor is dreadful and the pacing is so rushed they did a tournament arc in the second chapter.

EDIT: And lol at when they made such a big deal of the protag blocking a fireball with the flat part of his sword like it was some godly tactic.

I do wonder at times if the series is really meant to be satire on generic Shonen

But I doubt it...

This seems like an assumption on your part, mate.

WSJ is by far the biggest manga anthology in circulation, which is why most people that read manga are aware of it, if not outright invested in its offerings week by week, but that doesn't exclude interest in other, smaller anthologies out there.

I just don't understand the investment. We have threads about "What's the big new Shonen Jump manga gonna be?!?!" and questions about filling the gap and what's gonna step up and all this hemming and hawing about what's the next Bleach and bemoaning the state of shonen and I just don't get it. It reads like console wars to me except without an opposing side which makes it even more confusing. Like, who cares? What does WSJ grabbing another hot new manga when there are thousands out there to read matter?

If people were asking due to having a subscription and feeling like they aren't getting their money's worth or the quality lessening makes it an unwise investment, sure, that's a conversation. But that's not really the topic.

Mik317

I just don't understand the investment. We have threads about "What's the big new Shonen Jump manga gonna be?!?!" and questions about filling the gap and what's gonna step up and all this hemming and hawing about what's the next Bleach and bemoaning the state of shonen and I just don't get it. It reads like console wars to me except without an opposing side which makes it even more confusing. Like, who cares? What does WSJ grabbing another hot new manga when there are thousands out there to read matter?

If people were asking due to having a subscription and feeling like they aren't getting their money's worth or the quality lessening makes it an unwise investment, sure, that's a conversation. But that's not really the topic.

because WSJ manga tend to get pushed and thus released worldwide, get anime, and the like?

Yeah there are tons of great manga out there but its not all super easy to get (legally).

There are actual benefits to WSJ finding the cool new thing

I do read a lot of other manga but for years the WSJ has been a big one for me because I loved the output. Now it just feels barren a bit.

I heard somebody complain that My Hero Academia was "assembly line" but this looks like somebody took every single Shonen trope and said "fuck it ship it now."

Qvoth

I heard somebody complain that My Hero Academia was "assembly line" but this looks like somebody took every single Shonen trope and said "fuck it ship it now."

my hero academia's generic-ness i guess are the main character's "power" and his setting (weak powerless bullied etc)
the world and everything else is quite special imo

This series is so damn generic it makes Fairy Tail seem original. Its like the author gave up on making a coherent story with good character development, but instead made this generic tripe.

Shonen Jump's new lineup is pretty damn mediocre that you're better off looking elsewhere for manga.

TheFlow

Banned
This series is so damn generic it makes Fairy Tail seem original. Its like the author gave up on making a coherent story with good character development, but instead made this generic tripe.

Shonen Jump's new lineup is pretty damn mediocre that you're better off looking elsewhere for manga.

this is the most laughable thing I have seen in regards to a manga series. this is coming from a guy who reads both.

you clearly only read like 4 chapters?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
this is the most laughable thing I have seen in regards to a manga series. this is coming from a guy who reads both.

you clearly only read like 4 chapters?

They are both very very generic, difference is FT is aggressively bad wheres the worst you can say of BC is that it's extremely mediocre.

TheFlow

Banned
They are both very very generic, difference is FT is aggressively bad wheres the worst you can say of BC is that it's extremely mediocre.

both suffer from shonen tropes that are present in a lot of manga but the action panels, character designs, and powers are ace.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
both suffer from shonen tropes that are present in a lot of manga but the action panels, character designs, and powers are ace.

True but th flow and build up is none existant in BC. Events just seems to happen for the sake of it and then escalate greatly for the sake of it. Granted th escalation makes it bit more interestng otherwise the paperthin plot tying it all would have made me drop it but nothing feels earned. I get very little geniune excitement reading it because there's not even an attempt to give you that investment in the plot.

It stands out because Hinomaru Zumou the other newer shounen jump manga I read is the exact opposite. The events character arcs and development that are ocuring currently have been built up since the begining of the manga and pretty much all the major side characters is fully fleshed out with their own planned arcs.

TheFlow

Banned
True but th flow and build up is none existant in BC. Events just seems to happen for the sake of it and then escalate greatly for the sake of it. Granted th escalation makes it bit more interestng otherwise the paperthin plot tying it all would have made me drop it but nothing feels earned. I get very little geniune excitement reading it because there's not even an attempt to give you that investment in the plot.

I don't mind the escalation. it is a giant kingdom warring with its neighbor. shit is going to happen. The battle panels are always great, so I don't mind lackluster plot. rather not see another bleach or tokyo ghoul messy story for a bit. keep it clean and simple.

more training and stuff before a powerup would be nice, but that tends to happen in a lot of battle manga. always off screen and ect.

Hinomaru Zumou is awesome because being a sports manga it basically has to have characters overcome strife and grow to become better. plus the training stuff in that manga are awesome. latest chapters feel kinda rushed so I kinda stopped reading.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't mind the escalation. it is a giant kingdom warring with its neighbor. shit is going to happen. The battle panels are always great, so I don't mind lackluster plot. rather not see another bleach or tokyo ghoul messy story for a bit. keep it clean and simple.

more training and stuff before a powerup would be nice, but that tends to happen in a lot of battle manga. always off screen and ect.

Hinomaru Zumou is awesome because being a sports manga it basically has to have characters overcome strife and grow to become better. plus the training stuff in that manga are awesome. latest chapters feel kinda rushed so I kinda stopped reading.
It always seems to convenient, Take for example the war with the witches that hadn''t seem to happen before despite the location even considering present circumstances. The fact Aster had never even heard of the diamond kingdom despite being so large and waging wars so casually. The fat there doesn't seem to be any sort of planning or organisation to any of these large confrontations. Where the fuck are the scouts it's not even like they bother to hide themselves most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom