• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert JP OBT is live- Facebook registration & English patch available

Qvoth

Well i am stuck at stage 1. I can't make the jp vpn work, i am able to connect to jp but i can't enter the official site or anything else and i have no idea why!

i have the same problem, i'm hearing it might be because of antivirus/firewall issues
basically use the vpngate, and go to their homepage @ http://www.vpngate.net/en/
if the page doesn't say you're in japan (if you chose a japanese server) then obviously something is wrong

Onyar

For the people at stuck at stage 1:
- did you downloaded the right Softether software? It must be one download with the tag like "SoftEther VPN Client + VPN Gate Client Plug-in".
-try to open the command prompt and write "ipconfig", you must see two or more interfaces, one of them must be the vpn.

Qvoth

ok it works now after i uninstalled avg
what a strange thing, it doesn't work even if i disabled avg, gotta uninstall it
try uninstalling your antiviruses if you have the problem of the client saying you're connected but it's not working

Brutalx2

ok it works now after i uninstalled avg
what a strange thing, it doesn't work even if i disabled avg, gotta uninstall it
try uninstalling your antiviruses if you have the problem of the client saying you're connected but it's not working

OH MY it's working! The AVG was the problem all along! thank you!

Keys

Didn't have much trouble on getting the game to run but the text in game is a bit blurry, is there any way to fix that? Do I've to install the japanese language pack for windows?

Eirulan

Okay now I'm in the game - I guess the easiest class to get started with is the giant?

... is there a hotkey to disable UI for screenshots..?

Brutalx2

Edit: my friend helped me with the translation but still even after getting everything working i am getting the error:
Dear Customer, it seems there is a network problem on your end. Please check your internet connection.

Okay now I'm in the game - I guess the easiest class to get started with is the giant?

... is there a hotkey to disable UI for screenshots..?

Control + U does this :)

ok...now i have a diff problem. I am getting this error (i believe it's an error) when i am trying to link my account to FB:
会員登録エラー
会員登録時にエラーが発生いたしました。
※お客様のネットワーク上の問題により
この画面が表示されている可能性がございます。

誠に恐れ入りますが、24時間経過以降に
改めて会員登録手続きを行なってください

This error means that too many people registered a account with your VPN server in the past 24 hours. Pick another server and it should be fine.

Ohohohohoooo, definitely using this later.

Together with your avatar and username I kind of had to imagine a Japanese princess-style laugh :p The only downside about disabling the UI is that it causes "photo-mode" to enable which in turn activates Chromatic Abomination too :/

i see! thanks!

No problem!

And hopefully WTFast is back online when I'm done with my chores, they are supposedly down for hours :(

Eirulan

So, one question:

Every time I connect to one of those public JP VPNs through SoftEther, my Windows is creating a new "Network" entry and counting the number up.
The first time I did this a few hours ago, I got my Windows (8.1 prof 64) saying it created "Netzwerk 2" (I'm german) (my standard ethernet connection is named "Netzwerk") and since then, every time I connect to a new vpn server the number counts up.
I'm now sitting on "Netzwerk 6" and I am a little bit worried that after doing this for a few days I'm sitting on dozens of "Networks" in my Windows which might not be good...

Any idea how to get rid of this?

So, one question:

Every time I connect to one of those public JP VPNs through SoftEther, my Windows is creating a new "Network" entry and counting the number up.
The first time I did this a few hours ago, I got my Windows (8.1 prof 64) saying it created "Netzwerk 2" (I'm german) (my standard ethernet connection is named "Netzwerk") and since then, every time I connect to a new vpn server the number counts up.
I'm now sitting on "Netzwerk 6" and I am a little bit worried that after doing this for a few days I'm sitting on dozens of "Networks" in my Windows which might not be good...

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, could you screenshot it? :eek: I'm German too so I'll be able to read it.

I'm having trouble with my registration, after putting the captcha i am getting this error:

nmM2zTN.jpg

Not sure what this is about, sorry :/ All I know, I sometimes have to login 2-3 times with Twitter till I'm logged in for sure.

Beats

Is there a way to tell when there's a "rowdy" monster in the area on the minimap? And how often do they respawn? I encountered a Goblin Elite enemy that looked different than the normal ones and ended up dying in a few hits. I was kinda surprised cause I didn't really have to try dodging against other enemies. I came back and killed it though and it dropped a good amount of stuff.

artsi

If anyone else gets this error it means that either username or password is incorrect.

I'm interested trying this game, just worried about lag because of VPN but I already play FF XIV on a Japanese server so shouldn't be much different.

If anyone else gets this error it means that either username or password is incorrect.

I'm interested trying this game, just worried about lag because of VPN but I already play FF XIV on a Japanese server so shouldn't be much different.

Good to know, thanks! :)

Also I have to say I'm a bit lost, I just completed what was a main-story quest I assume, I had to purchase a Store-House in the second village which I did and then I talked to the deer guy to expand my storage but I didn't get a follow-up quest after talking to him and the major :/

The Dark Spirit gave me a quest where "Goblin Throwers" are involved, I found them and they are marked as Quest Enemies, although no matter how many I defeat, the quest won't advance and they don't seem to drop anything but money.

And is it normal that, when I fight enemies, their HP bar never decreases but rather changes colors from yellow to orange to red till they are dead or is it because of my 250ms ping?

Beats

And is it normal that, when I fight enemies, their HP bar never decreases but rather changes colors from yellow to orange to red till they are dead or is it because of my 250ms ping?

I was confused by this too. I think after killing a certain amount of a particular enemy it will stop doing that and show their HP decreasing normally. You'll get a pop up at the top-middle of the screen saying the enemy has become easier or something along with a letter grade. Their names above their head will change color too.

I was confused by this too. I think after killing a certain amount of a particular enemy it will stop doing that and show their HP decreasing normally. You'll get a pop up at the top-middle of the screen saying the enemy has become easier or something along with a letter grade. Their names above their head will change color too.

This is correct.

If people are liking the game, I hope they will be inclined to switch to the Korean server (even if it costs the price of lunch). It's further along with more classes and way easier to connect since you don't need VPN.

This is correct.

Thanks you two, makes sense when I think about it, I mean everything in this game is about knowledge! What would I give for sensible English, there is seemingly so much to do in this game and I feel like I don't even comprehend 1/4 of it.

My only critic point so far is that the music is most of the time faaar too dramatic :p

Stimpack

So, one question:

I know what you're referring to, and I was also interested in an answer. From what I looked up, this used to be easily solved in the GUI prior to Windows 8. In Windows 8 they removed the ability to delete/manage network profiles. Meaning that those Networks are going to continue to pile up. I'm already at Network 17 currently. The answer I found was that you have to actually manually erase them from the registry editor.

Here's the comment I found on it.

Okay. Windows 8 truly removed the user-friendly script which allows you to instantly merge, rename, and delete network locations. I also find this as inconvenience since my network locations always get another numeric suffix. However, network locations can easily be managed using the Registry Editor.

1. Run Registry Editor. (press Windows button + R, type regedit, click OK)
2. Go to this folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles.

The Profiles folder will eventually give you all the network locations (past or recent) that you have used. Each network location is represented by a subfolder.

If you want to set up again the network locations when the network adapter connects to the network, delete all the subfolders of Profiles folder.

If you want to rename the network location, click on the right subfolder and edit the key named ProfileName and input the name you desire for the network location.

I hope this helps. Thank you.

source: https://social.technet.microsoft.co...ete-network-locations?forum=w8itpronetworking

I don't know how comfortable you are using regedit. I'd understand if you weren't comfortable messing with it, as it can be dangerous to those who don't know what they're doing. The process is relatively simple, albeit somewhat of a hassle. Don't ask me why they couldn't keep it simple like it apparently used to be, but here we are.

Eirulan

Okay this did work :)
I deleted the newly created "Netzwerk 2" up to "Netzwerk 6" and now it starts with 2 again...
Guess I have to do this once in a week or so...

Thx for the help!

Edit:
Where does the game save pictures taken with "PrntScr"?

Beats

Okay this did work :)
I deleted the newly created "Netzwerk 2" up to "Netzwerk 6" and now it starts with 2 again...
Guess I have to do this once in a week or so...

Thx for the help!

Edit:
Where does the game save pictures taken with "PrntScr"?

Default folder is in My Documents > Black Desert > Screenshot.

docbon

Servers are down for 4 hours? I think.

Just got done hiring some workers to work on my potato plantation too, rip.

docbon

The screenshots will be saved to your "...\Documents\Black Desert\ScreenShot" folder. The file type is chosen in one of the options tabs.

akileese

Now that this thread is so active one of us should probably make a guild eh? If no one does it by the time I get home I'll go ahead and do it. Suggestions on names?

Maintenance is ongoing, servers will be up in about an hour.
I hope they'll adding more server(s) as both servers are too crowded (red) in Japan's prime time.

Stimpack

Now that this thread is so active one of us should probably make a guild eh? If no one does it by the time I get home I'll go ahead and do it. Suggestions on names?

I believe you're the only one I've seen who's been willing to do it, and I know I'd like to join. I'll try to think of some names, but I'm definitely not quickest on the draw when it comes to clever names.

akileese

I believe you're the only one I've seen who's been willing to do it, and I know I'd like to join. I'll try to think of some names, but I'm definitely not quickest on the draw when it comes to clever names.

BDO GAF because it's easy and simple. I don't even know if I can do it, but I'll try my best to figure it out!

edit: boo maintenace. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Stimpack

BDO GAF because it's easy and simple. I don't even know if I can do it, but I'll try my best to figure it out!

edit: boo maintenace. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well there's definitely no mistaking it!

Do we know if there are any decent guides for the game out there? I started last night, and at this point I don't know my ass from my elbow. I'd like to have a modicum of information, at least.

are the servers back up yet?

I got to log in and look at the character creator for about 15 seconds last night then lost connection and I really want to get in on this

akileese

Looks like a sizable patch needs to be downloaded upon start up. Just a heads up for you all.

uhhh fuck how in the world do I download this patch over VPN?

2nd edit: Okay, so connect your softether VPN, let it start patching, then disable it once it's gotten going. It will update without a VPN.

Beats

You'll probably need to reapply the English patch after the update or else the game will crash.

Edit: looks like the cash shop is in lol. Not sure what else.

i cant find where ethan is (dwarf guy says he aint here in some sort of english)
got disconnected but i'm gonna take another look after dinner. I really like the look and feel of the game

Top Bottom