• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Dude Cyborgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
SentiJamal

OoOnt.jpg

tearsofash

First question, would you say there are not an equal amount of white cyborg/robots as well?

Second thing, perhaps this is an extension of very dated racist techniques? In the old days, whites would stereotype blacks as sambos, mammys, etc etc. I don't know if back then anyone really viewed that kind of thing as racist and terrible, but we sure do now.

I'm curious if 50 years from now we'll lump "black men as cyborgs" with the same thing. It sure does seem to invoke the 'black men as brutes' stereotype, at the very least.

I could be way off base. Maybe I'm even reaching, but it seems like they could be connected.

First question, would you say there are not an equal amount of white cyborg/robots as well?

Second thing, perhaps this is an extension of very dated racist techniques? In the old days, whites would stereotype blacks as sambos, mammys, etc etc. I don't know if back then anyone really viewed that kind of thing as racist and terrible, but we sure do now.

I'm curious if 50 years from now we'll lump "black men as cyborgs" with the same thing. It sure does seem to invoke the 'black men as brutes' stereotype, at the very least.

I could be way off base. Maybe I'm even reaching, but it seems like they could be connected.
Nah, I don't think it's a stretch to suggest this is rooted in racial stereotypes. Then again, maybe comic book artists just like the combination of brown and chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom