• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2016 - Post cool deals here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing that the amazon dot is 39.99 on amazon atm, should I take this deal or have there or will there be any better deals out there? Also if anyone knows of any deals on the Hue lights it would be much appreciated.

ezekial45

Banned
Anyone see any good deals on decent headphones? I just got an iphone 7 recently, and I was looking for some wireless over the ear headphones to use with them.

Thanks got a few times.
Note that you combining orders messes up the promo discounts, so you have to order them separately.
yeah i literally ordered all of those things. was interested in that QuickCharge car charger and I lost my awesome 20000mAh powerbank so i got a new one. Anker is top tier shit. i live by them.

Ugh I'm completely stuck between a PS4 and significantly upgrading my PC (I'm rocking an AMD Phenom II X4 ffs). I can't do both, too much money, but I can do one now, and do planning on doing the other next year, it's just about what I can get now, they're both good deals and pretty equal in my eyes.

For PS4, I can get the Best Buy deal which a PS4 UC4 bundle with R&C and LoU Remastered for only 250$. I also plan on getting Bloodborne +DLC for about 40$ through PSN. I also plan on picking up FFXV and Last Guardian when they come out, also Persona 5 when it comes out in April. Altogether it'll cost me about 470$ with taxes

The PC issue is that I still have parts from 2010, only the GPU and HDD have gone through upgrades. So far, I've found and I5 6600K with a MOBO combo, case, ram, and PSU for only about 30$ more than what I would be spending on PS4 + games.

Here's how I mostly see it, with the PS4 I'd have instant gratification. I'd be able to play Bloodborne, which I've been desperate to play, along with UC4 and R&C tonight, and then be able to get those three other games as they come out. It'll be a nice steady flow, but idk what else I'd get on PS4 besides those games. It could very easily be a thing where I don't touch my PS4 for months at a time in between games.

With my PC I would have to wait days for the parts, and I would have no new games to go along with them, but I would be able to play more of the modern games, as well as certain emulators, at higher framerates. Games like DS3 and SFV consume 50% of my time playing games on PC. I'd be able to play tons of games with at least a 20 FPS increase thanks to the CPU upgrade alone. Games I own but haven't completed, partly because I want to play them at better settings such as Doom and Witcher 3 would basically be new experiences and I would get absorbed into them again, along with games that I would be interested in where I wasn't before, like BF1, Titanfall 2 and Space Hulk.

Any advice?

derder

Ugh I'm completely stuck between a PS4 and significantly upgrading my PC (I'm rocking an AMD Phenom II X4 ffs). I can't do both, too much money, but I can do one now, and do planning on doing the other next year, it's just about what I can get now, they're both good deals and pretty equal in my eyes.

For PS4, I can get the Best Buy deal which a PS4 UC4 bundle with R&C and LoU Remastered for only 250$. I also plan on getting Bloodborne +DLC for about 40$ through PSN. I also plan on picking up FFXV and Last Guardian when they come out, also Persona 5 when it comes out in April. Altogether it'll cost me about 470$ with taxes

The PC issue is that I still have parts from 2010, only the GPU and HDD have gone through upgrades. So far, I've found and I5 6600K with a MOBO combo, case, ram, and PSU for only about 30$ more than what I would be spending on PS4 + games.

Here's how I mostly see it, with the PS4 I'd have instant gratification. I'd be able to play Bloodborne, which I've been desperate to play, along with UC4 and R&C tonight, and then be able to get those three other games as they come out. It'll be a nice steady flow, but idk what else I'd get on PS4 besides those games. It could very easily be a thing where I don't touch my PS4 for months at a time in between games.

With my PC I would have to wait days for the parts, and I would have no new games to go along with them, but I would be able to play more of the modern games, as well as certain emulators, at higher framerates. Games like DS3 and SFV consume 50% of my time playing games on PC. I'd be able to play tons of games with at least a 20 FPS increase thanks to the CPU upgrade alone. Games I own but haven't completed, partly because I want to play them at better settings such as Doom and Witcher 3 would basically be new experiences and I would get absorbed into them again, along with games that I would be interested in where I wasn't before, like BF1, Titanfall 2 and Space Hulk.

Any advice?
PC will always give you a better catalogue of games, but it all depends on what platforms your friends play on.

PC will always give you a better catalogue of games, but it all depends on what platforms your friends play on.

No one I play games with owns a PS4. Everybody is already on PC. I'll never get BF1 or COD on PS4 for example, and I already have SFV on PC.

Hot-Wheels-Super-6-Lane--pTRU1-24106808dt.jpg

Hot Wheels 6 lane raceway on Toys R us is 49.99 usually 99.99. The finish line gate has a speaker and announces the winner. 8 year old me would've been dying to get this. I got one for my nephew.

asdad123

Can't believe the $450 BB gift card with Galaxy S7 billing agreement was only a pre-Black Friday deal.

Technically it was a $250 gift card. The extra $200 was from a trade in.

It's a straight up $400 gift card now. Better for you if you don't have anything to trade in.

nikos

What's a reasonable price/quality sound bar on sale?
I'm sort of looking for a new home theater sound solution as well. Been using a Sony CT550W forever and have never really been happy with it. Small apartment, so I don't need anything crazy.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine

Any advice?

I went through the same dilemma last year. It was either upgrade my PC or get a PS4. I went with the PS4 since I was so desperate to play MGSV and Bloodborne also I had friends pressuring me to play online with them. I was rocking an AMD Phenom II X6 and GTX 570.

I still haven't upgraded my PC, but I am looking to upgrade it sometime next year.

Jarnet87

For anyone looking at the ku6300 or ku6290 Samsung 40 inch look at Hhgregg. With the promo code BLACKFRIDAY it's like 50 dollars off.deal was posted on reddit like a day or two ago.

What are the chances Amazon matches the $99 iPad mini 2 from Verizon? It would make a great gift for my mom, but I don't need it to be able to make phone calls and I want to be able to connect it to our data plan with AT&T.

Nephtis

What are the chances Amazon matches the $99 iPad mini 2 from Verizon? It would make a great gift for my mom, but I don't need it to be able to make phone calls and I want to be able to connect it to our data plan with AT&T.

I don't think I've ever heard of Amazon doing any sort of price matching.

Amazon doesn't have a price match policy aside from TVs now but they usually end up matching the prices put out by the competition anyway. But good luck in getting them to adjust the price of something you've bought recently, they use to be more willing to do that with giving you promo credit but they've gotten more strict and stingy with it over the years.

With the apparent contract requirement, I doubt it.

Been looking for laptops around $500 for my mother, but she's insistent on having an optical drive and that's making it difficult to find something worth it at that price.

CSX

Got an uncle looking for a 24 to 27 inch monitor. He's not a gamer and mainly just for internet browsing. Fine with low quality picture as long as its cheap, working , and at that size range or bigger.

If anyone can help, it be greatly appreciated :)

Speevy

Banned
I know no one has been actively looking for this, but has anyone seen any good deals on teacher/classroom supplies?

Limit

First one is an ultrabook and the second one has a dedicated GPU that can do some amount of gaming, if need be. Different types of products, in some ways. Go for whichever suits you needs more. Also look for deals at dell website. Coupled with 12% cashback at ebates you can potentially get a nice price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom